The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Hedley Lamarr on November 20, 2010, 04:49:54 AM
Quote from: rootthemout on November 19, 2010, 11:39:40 PM
rufus should close this thread,to many wum on it.

Too many yellow f**kers hiding behind keyboards.

What are the odds?

bennydorano

Correct, I fail to see what purpose it is serving anymore, bar letting pople air their grievances in a totally inappropriate forum.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: bennydorano on November 20, 2010, 11:19:17 AM
Correct, I fail to see what purpose it is serving anymore, bar letting pople air their grievances in a totally inappropriate forum.

I have sent a pm to the mods asking that recent posts be deleted and the thread locked.

It's a pity, because it did serve as a good forum for discussion around Harps' issues, but when others are determined to act the d!ck, then it's time to close.

sitdown

All this crap needs to end now. I thought we were all club members here. This thread was set up in good faith, to inform people about club activities and to enhance and promote our club. Up until recently this aim was sucessfull, but it has run it's course. With most people now on facebook, our club events can be promoted through this OPEN FORUM where at least people can chat as "FRIENDS". :P

hound of ulster

amazing, the reaction a song from the 70s can provoke, as previously suggested this thread should be closed and those who brought it to its lowest level should refrain from dragging all this nonsense out again on the open Armagh Club Thread,All of the posters involved should agree to let the mud slinging die with this thread,the Hound for one will no longer get involved in this type of garbage.

the Hound

Harps true

Rufus take a good look at this thread, from it's conception it's being blighted by unsavoury posts. Like hound I'm gone to. My first post was a simple honest question but received a response from you that a cheeky spoilt child would give, not my intention. Your ideals was great but unfortunately it has run of course!!!

Erwin Rommel

Quote from: Harps true on November 12, 2010, 09:08:32 PM
Cause it's an open forum and the matters that have being written about are live day to day issues. As I've said in previous post "not all that one reads, one likes". Remember being at university and an old lecturer in debate huffed when debate wasn't what he wanted to hear. Hope this clears up the confussion.

Har har!!  :D you at university. What were you, the caretaker? Sure you can't string two sentences together FFS.

Erwin Rommel

Quote from: Harps true on November 21, 2010, 12:57:09 PM
Rufus take a good look at this thread, from it's conception it's being blighted by unsavoury posts. Like hound I'm gone to. My first post was a simple honest question but received a response from you that a cheeky spoilt child would give, not my intention. Your ideals was great but unfortunately it has run of course!!!

Your first question was simple yes. Honest no chance - you were on here to start trouble. You question was intended to raise issues that should not have been mentioned hear. Still at least weve seen ythe back of you. You'll be missed!!   ::)

Skiddybadoo

Dear All - please see below a message from our Senior Team player, Simon Lennon, who is raising funds for PIPS

"Fellow Harps people 

I am currently fundraising for a charity called PIPS. PIPS provide advice and guidance to those suffering from mental health problems and are prominent in suicide prevention as well as counselling those affected by suicide. I did a Firewalk last Thursday night in Belfast to help raise funds to support their programmes and training. I would greatly appreciate your support you can make a £3 donation by text just Text PIPSE to 70003. For those that have been affected by or seen people close to you suffer from mental health problems you will know how important PIPS work is. 

Many thanks for your support and please send to as may people as possible

Lenny

(Simon Lennon)" 

Rufus T Firefly

Deepest sympathies are extended to the McGleenon Family on the passing of Peter. Peter was a great Harps' man, having played and managed our Senior team for many years, and given great service as a Committee Man. His contribution to Harps over the years was rightly recognised with a Hall of Fame Award in the 1990s.

Peter was an absolute gentleman and will be sorely missed.

May He Rest In Peace.

The photo below shows Peter (left) in happier times. He is pictured with his brother-in-law, Patsy Woods, in October 2008, at the launch night for the Club Book.

Skiddybadoo

Notice:

PRIMARY SCHOOL DISCO
All Primary School children from P4 to P7 are welcome to come along to Armagh Harps Social Club this Friday (17 December) for the Christmas Primary School Disco.
The Disco will begin at 7.00pm until 9.00pm and admission is £3.00 per child.

CHRISTMAS GIFT OFFER 
Ideal Christmas Gift Offer: Phil McGinn's excellent book covering the History of Armagh Harps, 1888 - 2008, is now available at a special offer price of £10 per copy, or two copies for £18. Copies are available from the Social Club (tel: 02837 523281).  Please note that this offer is for a limited period only.

Skiddybadoo

Armagh Harps GFC would like to wish all our members a very peaceful Christmas and every happiness and success for 2011.

thewanderer

Skiddy you must be the secretary. watch your quotes going forward. merry xmas at least u havent got a slippy car park at work. spoilt boy ;)

Erwin Rommel

Quote from: thewanderer on December 21, 2010, 09:13:01 AM
Skiddy you must be the secretary. watch your quotes going forward. merry xmas at least u havent got a slippy car park at work. spoilt boy ;)

Nice of you to be thinking of the nreigbours given your own problems.  ;) merry xmas to you to

stew

Hopefully everyone will be a bit better behaved on this thread in the New Year, it sickens me when names get thrown about by faceless internet warriors who throw names out there of people and families who have done nothing but be a cornerstone of the club.

I hope this thread gets pulled because it is not worth having the name of the club ruined by a couple of clampetts, newsflash lads, there is not a club out there without the odd problem or issue, they dont exist.

Happy New year to all, and Simon, I was just talking to Magoo this morning on facebook, top man and a Harps legend to boot. :)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.