The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Quote from: Diet Coke on May 06, 2009, 09:48:36 PM
Heard Charlie not likely to play again...too high a risk....serious damage done requiring more than a plate inserted.
Terrible news for the lad. Big blow to Harps and Armagh.

This year or for ever more amen?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

corn02

Quote from: Gaffer on May 06, 2009, 11:11:34 PM
Heard Charlie not likely to play again...too high a risk....serious damage done requiring more than a plate inserted.

Someone posting that that is not true Diet.

Hopefully not anyway, it would take a lot more to stop a man like Charlie.

Diet Coke

Quote from: corn02 on May 07, 2009, 12:37:08 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on May 06, 2009, 11:11:34 PM

Someone posting that that is not true Diet.

Hopefully not anyway, it would take a lot more to stop a man like Charlie.

Hope you are right but I'm only relaying what I've been told, I'd like nothing more than to see Charlie back in both Armagh and Harps colours.

Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

judas1

absolute 100% rubbish, whoever posted this should be ashamed of themselves.

Diet Coke

Quote from: judas1 on May 07, 2009, 08:59:56 AM

absolute 100% rubbish, whoever posted this should be ashamed of themselves.

Glad to be hanging my head in shame......I'll be delighted as anyone to see him back in Armagh and especially Harps colours.
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

Candyman

I think the best option is to say no more about the matter unless they can be certain....

Anyway, what happened the u-21's lastnight.... RUFUS???

Harpo

Is the senior match against the tones changed to Saturday night?

BerfArmagh

Rufus, whats the latest on Charlie?

bennydorano

The U21's ending up getting a right tanking, 3-15 to 3-5, but with 5 minutes to go in the first half that seemed highly unlikely. At that stage we were playing into the teeth of a strong wind and rain and looking very comfortable leading by 3 or 4 points but kicking a serious amount of wides.  In the run up to HT the weather took a serious turn for the worse with lashing rain and the wind picking up, in these few minutes before HT Sarsfields playing with the elements  added about 2-3.  This seemed to knock the stuffing out of us a bit and this was compounded by losing 4 players in around the HT period! Ultan Lennon, Con Stevenson, Danny Raff (MF) and Mark McCoy(FB) all had to be replaced (Mark McConville did not travel to play).  The second half was all Sarsfields and they coasted to victory.  I think Coco contributed all bar one point of our score.

Sarsfields were worthy winners, but events did conspire against us a bit.

Skiddybadoo

Events did conspire against the Harps, as you say Benny. 

Again Coco looked as sharp as a tack.  For a guy who has played no football since last year's minor final he has been unreal.  One of his points in the first the other night I thought was sublime.  He was bottled up and with a bit of trickery he was able to create enough space to get an accurate snap shot away.  Will we see him n a senior jersey this year?  Is there a more dangerous or gifted young forward in the county?  Is it just me or does he not get the recognition he deserves?  How he wasn't on the minor panel last year is outrageous.

Candyman

Quote from: Skiddybadoo on May 08, 2009, 12:17:29 PM
Events did conspire against the Harps, as you say Benny. 

Again Coco looked as sharp as a tack.  For a guy who has played no football since last year's minor final he has been unreal.  One of his points in the first the other night I thought was sublime.  He was bottled up and with a bit of trickery he was able to create enough space to get an accurate snap shot away.  Will we see him n a senior jersey this year?   Is there a more dangerous or gifted young forward in the county?  Is it just me or does he not get the recognition he deserves?  How he wasn't on the minor panel last year is outrageous.

I think you've answered your own question there boss!!!! Has turned up once for training....

charlie stubbs

lads what sort of team should yas expect to field 2mara night.  obviously vernan out but besides that..

Candyman

charlie stubbs

tbh thought yas maybe missing a few would ve expected yas to have disposed of clann eireann more comfortably.  hopefully paul hagan one of those 12 wouldnt want him close to our goals :D

Candyman

the bear must have fcuked ye outta the shaz at one stage did he.... ;)