The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judas1

Quote from: bennydorano on March 08, 2009, 11:03:27 AM
Just fitness?  IMO any team that I've seen Stumpy take always play a good brand of direct football.

The Sean Doran game on Friday Night raised over £3,500 for Marie Cure with more still to come in.
[/qote]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           a good brand of direct football, you must be joking benny ??? ??? ???

stew

Quote from: Legs11 on March 07, 2009, 10:27:02 PM
boys wats john rath like as a trainer he started with our club last tuesday nite knows his stuff so far takes no shite either am i rite??

You got that right, stumpy takes no shite from anybody, and I mean anybody, when he was at the ranch the ball was barely threw in when he absolutely banjoed Greg Blaney who ended up being carried off. The next year it was stumpy that was carried off but in that first game the ranch won if memory serves, and that with 14 men. Blaney would have been some loss to any side mind you, great player altogether.

As for stumpy training a team, he will do very well, he always has, the man has a passion for the game and he is commited a man as you will ever get, just don't cross him.  :-[
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

corn02

T O Hare

Challenge match from yesterday... Mayobridge 2.14  Harps 0.13  ;) :D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

nashville

From what I hear the Harps played quite well yesterday considering the team they were able to field... 18 players togged out, and realistically probably 10 or more who will only see B football once the league starts... After the performances I saw them give last week, wee bit more encouraging to hear the finger is out..

nutsy--1

18 players togged out and 2 of the starters were playing the first full game in nearly 2 years due to injury. i don't see whats so funny O'hare

T O Hare

I was taking the piss, for gods sake :o :o :o
You's played quite well, we had about nine reserves staring as well, it was a good runout for both teams, and it was great to see the legend Charlie Vernon in the Bridge ;D ;D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Rufus T Firefly

Looking forward to the start of the new season - hopefully will bring a lot of success.

We have a new sign up at the entrance to Abbey Park - a picture of same inserted here for all Harps ex pats.

Diet Coke

Looks great Rufus, thought you had moved to Tora Bora given your long absence :D :D
Best of luck to the new management and team this year.
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Quote from: stew on March 09, 2009, 10:32:53 PM
boys wats john rath like as a trainer he started with our club last tuesday nite knows his stuff so far takes no shite either am i rite??

You got that right, stumpy takes no shite from anybody, and I mean anybody, when he was at the ranch the ball was barely threw in when he absolutely banjoed Greg Blaney who ended up being carried off. The next year it was stumpy that was carried off but in that first game the ranch won if memory serves, and that with 14 men. Blaney would have been some loss to any side mind you, great player altogether.

As for stumpy training a team, he will do very well, he always has, the man has a passion for the game and he is commited a man as you will ever get, just don't cross him.  :-[

He managed us in school, i wouldnt rate him, atal. In saying that though, that was years ago. He could have improved! You would definatly be right about the short fuse, hes quite an intimidating figure..

Gaffer

Quote from: WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! on April 17, 2009, 05:57:50 PM

He managed us in school, i wouldnt rate him, atal. In saying that though, that was years ago. He could have improved! You would definatly be right about the short fuse, hes quite an intimidating figure..

Who is he with this year?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Gaffer on April 17, 2009, 06:08:59 PM
Quote from: WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! on April 17, 2009, 05:57:50 PM

Who is he with this year?

Silverbridge.

Our Seniors had a useful victory away to Portadown Tir na nOg this afternoon, coming through on a 1-11 to 0-10 scoreline. The match was always tight thanks mainly to some indifferent Harps shooting. However thankfully this did not impact on the result.

A report of the match can be found on our website, by clicking the following link;

http://www.armaghharps.com/index.php?page=news-offers

Diet Coke

Good start to the season......whats Jungle doing in "nose bleed" territory? Seen them play well and get beaten too often last year....so a win when playing soso will do.
When I heard 3 Lennons were playing I thought Marty had made a comeback, after some expert coaching from PQ and Ned :D
Keep er lit!
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

Lothos

What's the craic with Stumpy trying to get The Grange Feile team kicked out of the competition after they beat the Harps because one of the Grange players was a girl?

Is that not taking it a bit far?

stew

Quote from: Lothos on April 20, 2009, 12:49:48 PM
What's the craic with Stumpy trying to get The Grange Feile team kicked out of the competition after they beat the Harps because one of the Grange players was a girl?

Is that not taking it a bit far?

I hope your joking. I really hope you are joking.  :-[
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.