The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

umgolaarmagh

Very busy with work you know the craic yourself :P

Rufus T Firefly

Can't let the moment pass without mention of a great days craic yesterday, when the 1989 Seniors played the current ladies team, or as the scoreboard read, Oldies v Ladies!

The whole thing was very well organised, and from a personal point of view it was absolutely brilliant to be back in the dressing room with all the old team mates - first time I have seen Hack Moore and Jim O'Hare in years - just a great day all round, and then the old videos produced in the Club after!! The only down side was Egg and Barry Ryan whooping and hollaring every time they appeared on screen!!   >:(   Social Club management really have to intervene quicker!!  :P

By the way - some fine strapping young girls introduced for the second third of the game!!  :o

Well done to Paula Powell, Brenda Gill and all the ladies committee, and thanks for a great day that brought some great memories back!!  :D

Candyman

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on October 09, 2007, 12:07:05 AM
Can't let the moment pass without mention of a great days craic yesterday, when the 1989 Seniors played the current ladies team, or as the scoreboard read, Oldies v Ladies!

The whole thing was very well organised, and from a personal point of view it was absolutely brilliant to be back in the dressing room with all the old team mates - first time I have seen Hack Moore and Jim O'Hare in years - just a great day all round, and then the old videos produced in the Club after!! The only down side was Egg and Barry Ryan whooping and hollaring every time they appeared on screen!!   >:(   Social Club management really have to intervene quicker!!  :P

By the way - some fine strapping young girls introduced for the second third of the game!!  :o

Well done to Paula Powell, Brenda Gill and all the ladies committee, and thanks for a great day that brought some great memories back!!  :D

you said it Rufus...  ;)

corn02

So what is the story with Sunday, do you need to beat us to ensure survival?

Candyman

we play maghery 2nite and we'll see after that.....

corn02

In Maghery or Abbey Park?

Candyman

Game is in abbey park @ 7.30pm...
will u's field on sunday???  ;)

corn02

I would fully expect us too. We had a strong enough team out against Clans and it was a super match. We have an U21 match on Saturday and about half our starters on Sunday were of this age group so plenty will probably be rested on Sunday. Therefore I have no idea what type of team will be out if we do fied.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Candyman on October 09, 2007, 09:59:44 AM
we play maghery 2nite and we'll see after that.....

Tonight's match ended in a draw, 2-10 apiece between two understrength teams - that puts both teams on seveteen points and both are now safe from relegation, which of course is a relief!  :)

Get a report up of the game - may be interesting to see if Sunday's fixture still goes ahead, as it is now (I think) a meaningless fixture for both sides.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on October 09, 2007, 11:30:01 PM

Tonight's match ended in a draw, 2-10 apiece between two understrength teams - that puts both teams on seveteen points and both are now safe from relegation, which of course is a relief!  :)

Wasn't that a lucky result then  ;)

Aghdavoyle

why wouldn't we field? we've fielded in every game this year...

fcuksake

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on October 10, 2007, 09:08:54 AM

why wouldn't we field? we've fielded in every game this year...

after last nites result, the Harps might not.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Candyman

i'd imagine the Harps will field unless Dromintee call it off which i suspect they wont...  :-\

corn02

stew

Why did the Harps not field?????

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.