Capello's Captain.

Started by stew, February 05, 2010, 08:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who should have gotten the Engerland Captaincy?

Rio Ferdinand
2 (14.3%)
Stevie G
4 (28.6%)
Frank the Tank Lampard.
3 (21.4%)
Wayne Rooney
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

clarshack

as well as the roasting video, ferdinand has also been done for drink driving, and going shopping instead of taking a drug test is hardly role model material either.

EC Unique

Who gives a f**k? Hope they get hammered in every game :-\

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: clarshack on February 05, 2010, 10:12:46 PM
as well as the roasting video, ferdinand has also been done for drink driving, and going shopping instead of taking a drug test is hardly role model material either.

not forgetting currently serving a 4 match ban for clumping someone off the ball a few weeks back
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

AZOffaly

I don't particularly think Ferdinand's past issues are relevant to his being captain of England, but yeah, if he is fit to be, why is Terry not? Just because it was a team mate's girlfriend? Hardly.

It certainly seems to remove one of the justifications Capello would have for removing Terry, but not throwing him off the squad. (The one about his captain having to set a good example and be above such behaviour).

Asal Mor

I'm surprised at this too - I thought Capello would have had more sense than to let the British Media get to him. The same media will no doubt turn their twisted attentions to Rio now - the character assasination should begin asap. It seems like a weak move by Capello - but he's been a very successful manager for a long time so he may yet be proven right.

INDIANA

Look at it from Capello's point of view. His captain has created an unnecessary storm and media circus he didn't need. If there are more relevations down the line  ( who is the the 5th player for example- apparently he's english!!) and Terry is still captain it will create another circus. Good decision in my view he had to re-affirm some authority in the dressing room. As for poor ould Terry and Rio- both of them get 150k a week - a few photos being taken of them is hardly harrassment is it?

I don't why he doesn't give it to Rooney. Has no interest in the celebrity life. A few minor indigressions as a teenager but he doesn't date page3 models, fall out of nighclubs etc. Just seems a reasonably decent lad to me who is only interested in playing football.