Stop Crying Mickey Harte

Started by panc56, March 30, 2010, 12:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: rosnarun on March 30, 2010, 08:41:33 PM
or more conspiratorially it will halp dublin into the league final and ensure a good crowd mayo lose to cork dubs beat tyrone Its a dublin cork final under the old system there would need to be a ten point turn around
Fair fecks to Congress for predicting back last April that this rule could help Dublin get into the league final and thus a big payday for the GAA.

Although imagine the red faces if Mayo and Dublin both win their last games, and thus the new rule will ensure that Dublin don't get into the final regardless of how many points either side wins by.

::)

woodie

Fair fecks to Congress for predicting back last April that this rule could help Dublin get into the league final and thus a big payday for the GAA.

Although imagine the red faces if Mayo and Dublin both win their last games, and thus the new rule will ensure that Dublin don't get into the final regardless of how many points either side wins by.

Who'd be in the final if this happened?

heffo

Quote from: woodie on March 31, 2010, 06:12:27 PM

Who'd be in the final if this happened?

Cork & Mayo

woodie

Permutations for finalists and relegation this year are a minefield. Will surely keep everyone interested next weekend.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 31, 2010, 07:44:48 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 31, 2010, 07:41:28 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 30, 2010, 10:58:41 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 30, 2010, 10:55:11 PM
Quote from: panc56 on March 30, 2010, 04:11:53 PM
His latest whinge is in relation to how teams are relegated and promoted in this . This was decided last year and your central council delegate knew full well how the leagues were to be decided.

I'd imagine his gripe his that the new rule which has a direct impact on every county team wasn't directly communicated to the inter county managers. This would have been a reasonable step to take. You can't expect county managers to check every rule passed at congress or by central council.

Well the county board should have told him. Go and beat Dublin instead of girning about this would be the answer...  if we get relegated so be. This insessent complaining about video evidence, refs, rules, Monaghan moving their game to another field.... embarassing.

I would have thought you, of all people, would know the Queens English.

Have you no tourists to be fleecing or cousins to be riding instead of coming out with this shite.

mind your own business sheep shagger

ziggysego

Mike, there is no need for the rudeness. Perhaps if you were a little gentler with your approach around here and chose your words with a little more care as to not cause offence, then perhaps more people would listen to your pearls of wisdom.
Testing Accessibility

mylestheslasher

Quote from: ziggysego on March 31, 2010, 09:03:11 PM
Mike, there is no need for the rudeness. Perhaps if you were a little gentler with your approach around here and chose your words with a little more care as to not cause offence, then perhaps more people would listen to your pearls of wisdom.

Ah, sure he is only using the couple of words he knows, leave him alone.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 31, 2010, 10:26:14 PM

yeah, I try not to blather on, otherwise I might end up sounding like this twat

QuoteI believe there is something out there, an energy or something we can't understand or measure. Outside of that I don't believe that there is a God in the traditional sense watching us and taking notes on our behaviour to judge us one day. Closest option for me is No 3 but then I always ask myself do I just think this because the most probable reality is that there is nothing after Death and my mind is conditioning me for death trying to give me hope where there is none.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 01, 2010, 12:00:34 AM

yeah, I try not to blather on, otherwise I might end up sounding like this t**t

QuoteI believe there is something out there, an energy or something we can't understand or measure. Outside of that I don't believe that there is a God in the traditional sense watching us and taking notes on our behaviour to judge us one day. Closest option for me is No 3 but then I always ask myself do I just think this because the most probable reality is that there is nothing after Death and my mind is conditioning me for death trying to give me hope where there is none.

Whats my views on God got to do with this thread? Is that lonely little inbred braincell feeling lonely on you again. Your pathetic attempts to try and goad fellow Irishmen in the north is sickening making you a sad excuse of an Irishman. Paudie had ye summed up right enough.

NaomhBridAbĂș

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 01, 2010, 04:05:36 PM

Whats my views on God got to do with this thread? Is that lonely little inbred braincell feeling lonely on you again. Your pathetic attempts to try and goad fellow Irishmen in the north is sickening making you a sad excuse of an Irishman. Paudie had ye summed up right enough.

Mike Sheehy? Give or take a few letters its an anagram for puerile twat
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Main Street

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 01, 2010, 04:05:36 PM

I had a feeling he was lurking around the pedophile thread but he must have got lost.

Strange, but maybe due to the repugnant effect of the presence of that inbred lurker, Michael Harte's ''idiosyncrasies'' appear endearing.

red hander

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 31, 2010, 07:44:48 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 31, 2010, 07:41:28 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 30, 2010, 10:58:41 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 30, 2010, 10:55:11 PM
Quote from: panc56 on March 30, 2010, 04:11:53 PM
His latest whinge is in relation to how teams are relegated and promoted in this . This was decided last year and your central council delegate knew full well how the leagues were to be decided.

I'd imagine his gripe his that the new rule which has a direct impact on every county team wasn't directly communicated to the inter county managers. This would have been a reasonable step to take. You can't expect county managers to check every rule passed at congress or by central council.

Well the county board should have told him. Go and beat Dublin instead of girning about this would be the answer...  if we get relegated so be. This insessent complaining about video evidence, refs, rules, Monaghan moving their game to another field.... embarassing.

I would have thought you, of all people, would know the Queens English.

Have you no tourists to be fleecing or cousins to be riding instead of coming out with this shite.
[/quote

:D :D :D :D  Just logged on in Brisbane and that gimme a good laugh... cheers Myles

Roashter

Am indeed beginning to get tired of Mikey Harte and all his complaining.

First he was whinging about the video evidence. He actually suggested that every game should have a camara at it in the interest of "fairness". Maybe he could divert some of the funds from Club Tyrone to pay for cameras at such glamorous ties as Kilkenny v London in Div 4 (no offense intended to either team).

Then he started complaining about rule changes. (To be fair a lot of managers complained about this).

Next he gave out about the venue for the Monaghan game. IMO Monaghan were 100% entitled to play the game in any venue of their choosing in the county.

Finally, giving out about system of relegation is just whinging at this stage. If he has to blame anyone it should have been Tyrone county board, but realistically, as an inter-county manager he should have made sure that he knew the system long before the last game of the league. The fact John O'Mahony didn't know it either reflects poorly on him also.

Tyrone have attracted a lot of admirers/fans from other counties over the years. Success will always bring a bit of envy/begrudgery/jealousy and this just comes with the territory. But Mickey Harte will end up alienating a lot more people if he keeps up his "them-v-us" mentality.

longrunsthefox

Strange line in his column today, "To suggest that it is solely a matter for the county boards to inform their various team managers and for them to make clear what exactly is involved is a little bit like another man , a few thousand years ago, who believed that washing his hands would absolve him of all responsibility for  a poor judgement call."  :o
So... if the GAA rule makers are Pontious Pilate...  who is Mickey Harte?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 02, 2010, 01:47:36 PM
Strange line in his column today, "To suggest that it is solely a matter for the county boards to inform their various team managers and for them to make clear what exactly is involved is a little bit like another man , a few thousand years ago, who believed that washing his hands would absolve him of all responsibility for  a poor judgement call."  :o
So... if the GAA rule makers are Pontious Pilate...  who is Mickey Harte?

Ye thought Canavan is God, ye were close - it is really Mickey.