Guess the Sindo Headline

Started by mylestheslasher, October 14, 2011, 10:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: mouview on May 10, 2021, 09:56:02 AM
Quote from: Angelo on May 10, 2021, 09:42:14 AM
Quote from: grounded on May 09, 2021, 10:58:00 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/sean_murray1/status/1391488467813679104?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1391488467813679104%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

There is a lot more mileage in this story.

It just confirms what any reasonable and balanced person knows. There is an orchestrated campaign by MSM in the FS to denigrate SF at every opportunity, this is directed by or at the very least facilitated by RTE/Indo/Times.

Then you have eejits like this fella on here pretending it's all a conspiracy theory..

Quote from: Hound on April 15, 2021, 12:05:06 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 15, 2021, 11:42:26 AM
If you think that the establishment parties do not get a much easier time of it compared to SF from the media you are deluded.
That's not what I said.

But there have been comments on this thread that FF and FG don't get criticised and that SF suffer only criticism.

In my opinion, the vast majority of people who hold this conspiracy theory of a view don't read the Irish Times and they don't watch current affairs programmes on RTE or TV3/Virgin, they don't watch Mary Lou being interviewed regularly on the Six-One news.

Instead they get their information from people who show them an instance of a SFer getting a hard time and/or an instance of someone from FG or FF getting a seemingly easy ride, and then they take that as carte blanche that FF and FG never get criticised! It's nonsense.
SF love supporters love this conspiracy. Us against the establishment.

When you have jackasses like Cullinane singing 'Up the Ra' on the night he is re-elected, can you blame them? What message does that send out to the wider world? That 'official Ireland' is tolerant of terrorist-supporting politicians?

But but but SF.

What about jackasses like Varadkar and Martin guffawing over which IRA gunman they will hang a portrait of in their office?

People like you are stuck in the past and need to grow up.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

johnnycool

Quote from: Itchy on May 07, 2021, 09:01:19 PM
His assertion that Twitter took down accounts due to pressure from big bad Sinn Fein. Loon.

Just listened to that there now and that lad needs professional help.

Sinn Fein are living in his head in an unhealthy way.

Man with regular newspaper column is denied a platform.......

imtommygunn

It is not the behaviour of someone with a sound mind.

Rossfan

I believe he had bi polar issues.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hound

https://mobile.twitter.com/sean_murray1/status/1391488467813679104?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1391488467813679104%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

It just confirms what any reasonable and balanced person knows. There is an orchestrated campaign by MSM in the FS to denigrate SF at every opportunity, this is directed by or at the very least facilitated by RTE/Indo/Times.

Then you have eejits like this fella on here pretending it's all a conspiracy theory..

If you think that the establishment parties do not get a much easier time of it compared to SF from the media you are deluded.
That's not what I said.

But there have been comments on this thread that FF and FG don't get criticised and that SF suffer only criticism.

In my opinion, the vast majority of people who hold this conspiracy theory of a view don't read the Irish Times and they don't watch current affairs programmes on RTE or TV3/Virgin, they don't watch Mary Lou being interviewed regularly on the Six-One news.

Instead they get their information from people who show them an instance of a SFer getting a hard time and/or an instance of someone from FG or FF getting a seemingly easy ride, and then they take that as carte blanche that FF and FG never get criticised! It's nonsense.

When you have jackasses like Cullinane singing 'Up the Ra' on the night he is re-elected, can you blame them? What message does that send out to the wider world? That 'official Ireland' is tolerant of terrorist-supporting politicians?
Most people don't quote him mouview, so all those of us that ignore him don't get to read his vile mentally-deranged loner nonsense.

Agree with you totally about Cullinane.

I had no idea (nor do I care) what views/positions Eoghan Harris holds, because he's an Indo man and I do my best to ignore everything about that rag.

I listened to his rambling interview on RTE radio. Interesting that he's been on RTE once in the last two years, and he believes he never gets invited because he would damage Sinn Fein. So if RTE have an anti-SF campaign they were certainly missing a trick. Also, Sarah McInerney, who wiped the floor with Harris, must not have been informed of this anti-SF agenda!!   

But as I said before, anyone who thinks that FF and FG don't get criticised on Irish Times / RTE / Virgin Media and that SF suffer only criticism on Irish Times / RTE / Virgin Media  are people who don't read/watch Irish Times / RTE / Virgin Media.

Armagh18

That's not what I said.

Don't know why thats relevant? But at least Cullinane isn't ashamed of this countrys history unlike the West Brit parties!

Itchy

Quote from: Hound on May 10, 2021, 10:54:51 AM

That's not what I said.

Most people don't quote him mouview, so all those of us that ignore him don't get to read his vile mentally-deranged loner nonsense.

I had no idea (nor do I care) what views/positions Eoghan Harris holds, because he's an Indo man and I do my best to ignore everything about that rag.

I listened to his rambling interview on RTE radio. Interesting that he's been on RTE once in the last two years, and he believes he never gets invited because he would damage Sinn Fein. So if RTE have an anti-SF campaign they were certainly missing a trick. Also, Sarah McInerney, who wiped the floor with Harris, must not have been informed of this anti-SF agenda!!   

But as I said before, anyone who thinks that FF and FG don't get criticised on Irish Times / RTE / Virgin Media and that SF suffer only criticism on Irish Times / RTE / Virgin Media  are people who don't read/watch Irish Times / RTE / Virgin Media.

And anyone who thinks that the establishment media didn't go after Sinn Fein in a hugely much more aggressive way than against other parties in the run up to the last general election has their head stuck up their arse. When they were done using the Quinn family to beat up Mary Lou they dropped their case as soon as that family were of no use to them.

Angelo

I'd imagine Hound and Mouview are the uneducated type who take their cues off the Indo every weekend.

The idiocy behind their (badly made) arguments is incredible.

Angelo

Quote from: Itchy on May 10, 2021, 11:52:45 AM

That's not what I said.

And anyone who thinks that the establishment media didn't go after Sinn Fein in a hugely much more aggressive way than against other parties in the run up to the last general election has their head stuck up their arse. When they were done using the Quinn family to beat up Mary Lou they dropped their case as soon as that family were of no use to them.

Anyone who calls it out is a conspiracy theorist according to Hound.

Strange that for a man who doesn't buy the Indo or care for Eoghan Harris and his views, he is actually putting forward the same type of viewpoint and rationale.

They seem like cosy bedfellows.

seafoid

Harris should have been put out to paster a decade ago.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/herald/lifestyle/the-energy-that-she-exudes-is-always-sexual-29275407.html

The Sindo is probably the most partionist media organ in the 26 counties. They miss the troubles. And things have moved on. Plus the Belgians are in charge now

Hound

That's not what I said.

Again, someone who doesn't read the Irish Times and doesn't watch political programs on RTÉ and Virgin picking one topic that suits their agenda and ignores every critical item ever done on FF and FG. 

I get you're in the bowels of 'us against the establishment' and you get to pick and choose what you read or what you're fed. You're very quick to point out when unionists come up with conspiracy nonsense on the same level as this for their agenda!

Angelo

I'll have to again bring point of attention to the brazen hypocrisy of Hound a few weeks back.

That's not what I said.

Not sure if its stupidity or arrogance but he's not making one iota of sense here.

mouview

I'll take my time and explain this slowly and as clearly as I can.

Ireland (ROI) is a small country by many standards, size, population, economic might. As one which has a small, open economy it relies very heavily on trade around the world with other countries and trading blocs (e.g. the EU); it also relies very heavily on investment from foreign companies in the country who provide employment and thus financial prosperity. Technological and pharmaceutical firms are an example of this. Ireland has the great benefit of having many friends in the world; e.g. there is a very strong pro-Irish lobby in the USA; the EU has been of huge assistance in providing structural funds to Northern Ireland in the wake of the GFA.

Political stability and maturity is of critical importance. A recent example of this is where Norwegian telecoms company Telenor was forced to write-down a very large investment amount in Myanmar due to the unrest in that country.
https://thediplomat.com/2021/05/norways-telenor-writes-off-its-myanmar-operation-amid-crisis/
What would it say to the world if Ireland was to be seeing to promote a political party who haven't forsworn their links with a terrorist organisation? Who has supported murderers of a law enforcement officer of the state, whose TD recently endorsed a sectarian killer?
https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40275992.html
Do you think it would entice foreign corporations to (continue to) invest in the country? There may be a lot of political goodwill towards Ireland in Washington but the American government would not or will not support a terrorist-sympathizing party here.

Like myself, I'm quite sure the vast majority of FG / FF members / politicians would desire to see a United Ireland. However, they are sensible and politically mature enough to see that it cannot be bludgeoned through or forced upon a section of society against their will, not without working out fully all of its implications. The chaos that Brexit has wrought is a very good example of what happens when a hasty and ill-thought out political venture is foisted upon a nation.

Itchy

Quote from: Hound on May 10, 2021, 01:11:43 PM

That's not what I said.

Again, someone who doesn't read the Irish Times and doesn't watch political programs on RTÉ and Virgin picking one topic that suits their agenda and ignores every critical item ever done on FF and FG. 

I get you're in the bowels of 'us against the establishment' and you get to pick and choose what you read or what you're fed. You're very quick to point out when unionists come up with conspiracy nonsense on the same level as this for their agenda!

So you think all parties got same treatment in run up to last general election from the media? Because if you do you have zero credibility. You yourself said you wouldn't read the sindo so I presume you are open to the possibility that there are agendas at play in the Media?

grounded

Quote from: seafoid on May 10, 2021, 12:48:39 PM
Harris should have been put out to paster a decade ago.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/herald/lifestyle/the-energy-that-she-exudes-is-always-sexual-29275407.html

The Sindo is probably the most partionist media organ in the 26 counties. They miss the troubles. And things have moved on. Plus the Belgians are in charge now

Yep, I think what is more interesting, is those even now, who are heaping praise on him while  ignoring all the ills he done.
       His treatment of John Hume(along with Dunphy) was disgraceful. He wasn't alone in irish media and political circles.