Irish on U.K. T.V.

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, August 12, 2010, 01:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Am I the only one that fckn hates Irish people on Brit t.v. pretending they are Brits on U.K. tv and then are all Irish again when they back on Irish t.v.

I don't mind genuine Unionists, thats their beliefs, but the fckn Paddys who say "we" when referrering the British stuff only for the Queens Schilling but they pure Irish and say so when back on Irish t.v. Makes me sick.

I see Irish bird on Country Tracks on BBC she talking "we" this "we" that and "us" "Royal Navy" defending "us" against the French, the girl is Irish and one of her parents is French FFS. Talk about sucking up for the Reddies.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

A Quinn Martin Production

Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Banana Man

which one is she?

I can't think of too many Irish ones on British TV that aren't from a planter background. Wogan probably the only one I can think off.

Even Graham Norton would be of planter stock

johnneycool

Des Lynam is up there with wogan for arse licking as well.

muppet

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 12, 2010, 01:14:01 AM
Am I the only one that fckn hates Irish people on Brit t.v. pretending they are Brits on U.K. tv and then are all Irish again when they back on Irish t.v.

I don't mind genuine Unionists, thats their beliefs, but the fckn Paddys who say "we" when referrering the British stuff only for the Queens Schilling but they pure Irish and say so when back on Irish t.v. Makes me sick.

I see Irish bird on Country Tracks on BBC she talking "we" this "we" that and "us" "Royal Navy" defending "us" against the French, the girl is Irish and one of her parents is French FFS. Talk about sucking up for the Reddies.

You are likely to have to work a day a week for the rest of your working life to pay off debts accrued by Irish people, acting in Ireland who would claim to be more Irish than the rest of us.

And you complain about some young one in England who won't cost you a cent........
MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on August 12, 2010, 11:08:15 AM

You are likely to have to work a day a week for the rest of your working life to pay off debts accrued by Irish people, acting in Ireland who would claim to be more Irish than the rest of us.

And you complain about some young one in England who won't cost you a cent........

I was watching the programme and it was annoying me as she Irish and doing the whole "us" "we" thing then she came to the Roayl Navy and talked about how it "defended us" against the French, the girl is half French for f**k sake, just made me cringe.

She is the one of the girls that used to be on the Den or RTE around the time all the young ones where taking the place over about 10-15 years ago. I think she actually 1/4 French1/4 Lebanese & 1/2 Irish.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Banana Man on August 12, 2010, 09:01:38 AM
which one is she?

I can't think of too many Irish ones on British TV that aren't from a planter background. Wogan probably the only one I can think off.

Even Graham Norton would be of planter stock

Poor Graham Norton when he was doing the "who do you think you are" show was very surprised to learn of all the bad stuff that the English and Planters did to the Native Irish & equally surprised to hear of the awful stuff done to Protestants in his own County after Irish Independence. Talk about not paying attention in school.

Santino

Know what u mean but there are plenty of exceptions, with Dara O'Briain springing to mind in particular

AFS

If it's Liz Bonnin you're on about, then it's not all that surprising that she wouldn't consider herself Irish. Despite the accent, she hasn't any Irish family and has spent most of her life outside the country.

I don't know why this bothers anyone anyway. If someone is presenting something on British TV then it's reasonable enough that they would try to relate to it from a British point of view for the benefit of their largely British audience.

Banana Man

Good point Dara O'Briain is very proud of his roots and always gives the Brits a good bashing on mock the week and makes a distinct us and them point when discussing surveys of the British people for example.

In fairness to the British viewing public they don't cry and here's a guy on presenting their TV show, in their country, where he has lived for 10 years or so, taking the queens shilling and slating them at every opportunity

spuds

QuoteLiz Bonnin (born September 16 1976) is an Irish television presenter who has worked on television in the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom. She currently works for the BBC.

[edit] Biography
Born in France to a French father and Trinidadian mother, the family moved to Ireland when she was 10 years old. She has a degree[clarification needed] in biochemistry from Trinity College, Dublin[citation needed] and also holds a master's degree in wild animal biology.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liz_Bonnin

your bang out of order mayogodhelpus on this little cutie
i want you to apologise on here to her
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

deiseach

Meh. Davy Fitz probably refers to Waterford as 'us' in interviews, does that bother you?

ziggysego

Dermot O'Leary refers to himself in the Irish sense.

Liam and Noel Gallagher support the Irish soccer team.
Testing Accessibility

muppet

Aren't we a great little country though?

We can produce people like Sonia, Paul McGrath, Stephen Roche, Ken Doherty, Harrington etc and at the same time we can bankrupt our country for at least a generation.

What exactly does great country mean?
MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: spuds on August 12, 2010, 05:47:41 PM
QuoteLiz Bonnin (born September 16 1976) is an Irish television presenter who has worked on television in the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom. She currently works for the BBC.

[edit] Biography
Born in France to a French father and Trinidadian mother, the family moved to Ireland when she was 10 years old. She has a degree[clarification needed] in biochemistry from Trinity College, Dublin[citation needed] and also holds a master's degree in wild animal biology.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liz_Bonnin

your bang out of order mayogodhelpus on this little cutie
i want you to apologise on here to her

Why? & No. OK she is part French and part Trinidadian. But its the same thing she larking on about the Royal Navy saving "us" from the French  ::)