All Ireland U20 football championship 2024

Started by Blowitupref, April 27, 2023, 06:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 16, 2024, 03:54:33 PMCan anyone from Dublin tell me why Ciarán Archer who would be around 24 now hasn't made the step up to Dublin senior team and is he even on the panel at the moment?

Former Dublin star Ciaran Archer has proposed 96-week ban overturned

Gael85

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 16, 2024, 03:54:33 PMCan anyone from Dublin tell me why Ciarán Archer who would be around 24 now hasn't made the step up to Dublin senior team and is he even on the panel at the moment?

A talented player but don't think he better than what on panel now. Quality freetaker but for me doesn't do enough from play  and without the ball. He was on senior panel in 2022 but picked up an injury and never got back in.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Gael85 on May 16, 2024, 05:07:40 PM

A talented player but don't think he better than what on panel now. Quality freetaker but for me doesn't do enough from play  and without the ball. He was on senior panel in 2022 but picked up an injury and never got back in.

A few of the forwards on the Dublin panel at the moment Ross McGarry,Killian O'Gara,Lorcan O'Dell,Killian McGinnis. He must have fallen back a fair bit from his days standing out at U20 level if not better than some of them now.

Gael85

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 16, 2024, 05:15:39 PM
Quote from: Gael85 on May 16, 2024, 05:07:40 PM

A few of the forwards on the Dublin panel at the moment Ross McGarry,Killian O'Gara,Lorcan O'Dell,Killian McGinnis. He must have fallen back a fair bit from his days standing out at U20 level if not better than some of them now.

Them lads bar O'Gara would be in half forward line. O'Gara prob won't be in 26 when everyone is back. U20 is hard to gage. Massive difference from the old u21 in terms of making step up to make step up to senior. Dublin had a few talented lads at u20 like James Doran and Mark Lavin who also haven't make step up to senior.

Wildweasel74

Dublin pick up players standing out Club level more than underage football.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 13, 2024, 12:57:28 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 13, 2024, 11:02:39 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 12, 2024, 09:12:50 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 12, 2024, 06:41:00 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 12, 2024, 02:32:41 PMAll-Ireland B semi final result. Winning score deep into added time.

Down 2-10 Mayo 0-15

Thank god for that. Don't know what the point of this competition is?

U20 is development, grade the more matches the better for players. And will be B and C grade competitions in the All Ireland series at U17/minor this year.
The whole tiered championship adds an unnecessary amount of extra more or less meaningless games into an already bloated calendar.

October I believe U20s panels commence training and for all the training in the world the players themselves wants more games. 
Ulster counties went to the Ulster council wanting less games at Minor and U20 and Ulster council went to national council who came back with more games, everything had to have a round robbing system and tiers. Make of that what you will. Dilutes the competitions, ruins crowd numbers and takes away from Club Scene as well.

Rossfan

Ye Nordies won't be happy till the GAA stops the nuisance of playing pesky games......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Rossfan on May 17, 2024, 10:56:06 AMYe Nordies won't be happy till the GAA stops the nuisance of playing pesky games......
Games with stakes is what the people want.

Rossfan

When did "the people" pick you as their spokesperson?

Blowitupref

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 17, 2024, 01:22:01 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 17, 2024, 10:56:06 AMYe Nordies won't be happy till the GAA stops the nuisance of playing pesky games......
Games with stakes is what the people want.

Ulster final and and All Ireland semi final was games with stakes and attendances wasn't great and at 25 euro a ticket for the All Ireland final I don't expect overly big crowd either.

Players themselves wants more games and It's a development grade so for me the more games the better.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Game at 1pm, €25 a ticket....
The GAA don't always help themselves..  .