Sport you have no interest in whatsoever

Started by seafoid, March 15, 2016, 02:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikehunt

Not an actual sport but the banwagonning that goes on in Ireland is a pet hate of mine. We've always had the D4 press trying to big up rugby with the schools cup supplement. Then we had Leinster folk supporting Munster in Rugby. Then the women's game starts getting massive air play while no one actually turned up at their games. Katie Taylor and womens boxing. UFC with Conor McGregor. Cricket had it's 15 minutes of fame. People pretend to like these sports but in reality they couldn't give a toss but spoof themselves into thinking they are experts. 

foxcommander

Quote from: mikehunt on March 15, 2016, 06:39:09 PM
Not an actual sport but the banwagonning that goes on in Ireland is a pet hate of mine. We've always had the D4 press trying to big up rugby with the schools cup supplement. Then we had Leinster folk supporting Munster in Rugby. Then the women's game starts getting massive air play while no one actually turned up at their games. Katie Taylor and womens boxing. UFC with Conor McGregor. Cricket had it's 15 minutes of fame. People pretend to like these sports but in reality they couldn't give a toss but spoof themselves into thinking they are experts.

Bandwagon jumping is a traditional irish sport.

Can be applied to musicans, actors etc. too
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

BennyCake

Quote from: themac_23 on March 15, 2016, 02:53:50 PM
Rugby, how pulling people to the ground is seen as good play baffles me.

Amen to that.

Can't stand American Football either, but rugby is a stupid bloody game.

lenny

Quote from: BennyCake on March 15, 2016, 07:46:15 PM

Amen to that.

Any sport where you can't see competitors faces I find hard to watch as it takes away a lot of the emotion and passion of the game. That's why I dont like motor sports, hurling and american football. I used to enjoy the hurling but now theyre all faceless with the helmets on and it just seems to take away from it in a big way.

gallsman

Quote from: oakleaflad on March 15, 2016, 06:07:39 PM
Women's football

Jesus, dunno how I forgot that. I don't even feel bad about how little I care about it, it's that bad a spectacle.

AZOffaly

I think that's harsh. Some women's footballers are very skilful. I'd equate it to good u16 football. What lets down ladies football big time is the standard of goalkeeping. It's atrocious.

laoislad

Quote from: gallsman on March 15, 2016, 08:38:22 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on March 15, 2016, 06:07:39 PM
Women's football

Jesus, dunno how I forgot that. I don't even feel bad about how little I care about it, it's that bad a spectacle.
Most female sports are brutal in fairness.
Female mud wrestling being the exception of course.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

smort

Rossfan

Quote from: BennyCake on March 15, 2016, 07:46:15 PM

Amen to that.

+1.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Boxing.

I'm not a rugby fan either. I would watch it if I had to though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 15, 2016, 09:26:00 PM
I think that's harsh. Some women's footballers are very skilful. I'd equate it to good u16 football. What lets down ladies football big time is the standard of goalkeeping. It's atrocious.

I don't disagree, but overall I think it's awful, a large part of which is due to the goalkeeping issues you've identified. They don't seem to be able to jump, although I think they should explore lowering the bar (snarf snarf) for them

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians