Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Kidder81 on February 19, 2023, 04:57:29 PM
This ref a total clown

How can this kind of nonsense from referees still go on at this level?

Milltown Row2

Great goal and no celebration from the scorer, Jack mccaffery on now, be interesting to see if he's up to speed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mayo Border

Second yellow for McCarthy? Why not?

imtommygunn

Good game that. Hurley is some operator when he gets going. Mccaffrey still got it.

Captain Obvious

Match winning save by the Dublin keeper. Save of the season contender.

Hound

3 wins out of 3 from the Dubs, but playing very much like a Division 2 team. I don't think we'd have beaten any of the D1 teams on those performances. Great to see Jack back though.

SHEEDY

Good game, ref done is best to ruin it though. Great save at the death, Cork unlucky to get nothing out of that match.
nil satis nisi optimum

Milltown Row2

Was in and out of room (cooking dinner) but the Dublins ref (2 yellows) was it for consistent fouling? Not so much the jersey pull?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Nanderson

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2023, 06:13:29 PM
Was in and out of room (cooking dinner) but the Dublins ref (2 yellows) was it for consistent fouling? Not so much the jersey pull?
Think you mean Corks red. Ref showed 3 fingers possibly indicating persistant fouling but would be pretty harsh to get sent off for 3 petty fouls. Some of his decisions were baffling. Think the Dublin second yellow was given by an assistant but again was nothing in it. Think he also gave the big dub midfielder a yellow for a high tackle when he tackles someones midrift.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Nanderson on February 19, 2023, 06:32:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2023, 06:13:29 PM
Think you mean Corks red. Ref showed 3 fingers possibly indicating persistant fouling but would be pretty harsh to get sent off for 3 petty fouls. Some of his decisions were baffling. Think the Dublin second yellow was given by an assistant but again was nothing in it. Think he also gave the big dub midfielder a yellow for a high tackle when he tackles someones midrift.

Oh, only came in when the dub got the second yellow.. persistent fouling will at some point generate a yellow regardless of how soft it is

Itchy

Who was the Ref in the Dublin/Cork game. Only in the door.

rodney trotter

Seamus Mulhare from Laois. I never noticed him before but he was very poor today. The second yellow for Ian Maguire was very soft.

Derryman forever

Quote from: seafoid on February 19, 2023, 10:59:19 AM
Quote from: Derryman forever on February 19, 2023, 08:27:34 AM
Quote from: seafoid on February 19, 2023, 04:18:36 AM
Quote from: Derryman forever on February 18, 2023, 08:19:23 PM
Quote from: square_ball on February 18, 2023, 08:02:28 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 18, 2023, 06:22:02 PM
Quote from: pbat on February 18, 2023, 06:11:25 PM
Ger Canning is stealing a living.

So was Colm O'Rourke as a pundit on RTE for 30 years. Now he's stealing a living as a Manager.

Nonsense. As well qualified as anyone in Meath to be in the job.
He has been given a ringside seat to every top game and team for 15 years or more and still doesn't understand the modern game.
That's bollocks. Meath still have a lot of work to do.

Only person who can call bollocks on that is O'Rourke.
We will see in the next 3 games.
Derry and arrogance look strange together

How do you figure that my scepticism of O'Rourke  as a Manager is Derry arrogance.
I don't think we were good , I think any manager who sends a team out today to play man to man football , kicking high ball into the teeth of a strong wind is naieve to say the least.
Colm O'Rourke made it very easy for Derry. That's not arrogance just an observation  of the facts.

Itchy

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 19, 2023, 07:16:25 PM
Seamus Mulhare from Laois. I never noticed him before but he was very poor today. The second yellow for Ian Maguire was very soft.

Is that the fella that reffed Cavan v westmeath? If so he wasn't giving any frees that day

befair