Drugs in UK sports....

Started by muppet, June 09, 2015, 01:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: Pub Bore on August 27, 2015, 01:52:24 PM
Orohougu doesn't quite get the mix right this year.

A victory for good over evil (© Steve Cram)

Pub Bore

Bolt destroys Juicer Gatlin in the 200m

screenexile

Quote from: Pub Bore on August 27, 2015, 01:58:03 PM

Didn't see that coming Gatlin's semi time was very good and Bolt didn't look his usual self. That was him back on form in the final though.

Some performance*

*If at some point he isn't found out to be a shnakey cheating b**tard

JoG2

that's the word. He could have ran the last 30m backwards and still won

nrico2006

I'm amazed at some reports this week though that had Bolt's win in the 100 as a shock and were not expecting him to win the 200.  The fact remains that Gatlin's best in either discipline is miles behind Bolts best.  Bolt only has to run a decent race to beat him.  He slowed down in the 200m again today at the end.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

Quote from: JoG2 on August 27, 2015, 02:16:41 PM

that's the word. He could have ran the last 30m backwards and still won

Whenever I see/hear things like that my radar pops up. The first one I remember that looked so comfortable was Ben Johnson. Even back then when you saw him basically waltzing to the tape, you knew it was freaky. Then when the test results came out, the bubble burst on all Athletics as far as I was concerned.

gallsman

Quote from: screenexile on August 27, 2015, 02:10:10 PM

Didn't see that coming Gatlin's semi time was very good and Bolt didn't look his usual self. That was him back on form in the final though.

Some performance*

*If at some point he isn't found out to be a shnakey cheating b**tard

Nah, Bolt jogged the last 70m of his semi final and still ran sub 20.

The Iceman

I think Bolt got it tight in the 100m and finished strong in the 200m - I think it's overhyped that he destroyed the American in the 200m he did well but he wasn't cruising - Bolt just has such a long stride and is a freak athlete. I would highly doubt he is on PED's his body type would suggest he isn't but who knows...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

screenexile

Quote from: The Iceman on August 27, 2015, 04:54:00 PM
I think Bolt got it tight in the 100m and finished strong in the 200m - I think it's overhyped that he destroyed the American in the 200m he did well but he wasn't cruising - Bolt just has such a long stride and is a freak athlete. I would highly doubt he is on PED's his body type would suggest he isn't but who knows...

Sure Franko does. . . have you not been reading the thread??

JimStynes

As I said before Bolt is destroying records set by dopers, he has been associated with well and coached by well known doping coaches (and they're only the coaches we know about), all of his main Jamaican training partners have been caught, Jamaican testing is farcical at best and he is the main cash cow in the sport. If he goes down the money and sponsors go too. Why the hell would he work with a well known doping coach, with his long stride and freakish athletic ability would he not win with any coach? Or does he need a certain type of coach to get that half second of difference! If a top cyclist went and work with Dr Ferrari what would everyone think! I would say athletics is worse than cycling for drugs at the minute.

I actually like Bolt, he seems like a decent fella, he's a great show man and his races are always great to watch. But I hate that everyone is fooled that he is some kind of saviour of the sport! he is just as bad as the rest of the dopers. At the minute he has not been found out and he may never be found out but in my opinion it is blatantly obvious what is going on.

Tony Baloney

I always felt he was clean but the fact that he pulled up near the end of some his 100ml runs niggled a bit. Is he too afraid of going even faster in case the times get so ridiculous no-one believes them.

Hound

"I've no problem with Justin Gatlin. I live for competition and respect the fact that he shows up, ready to run" - Bolt yesterday after his 200m gold.

Not sure what to make of that, but I do know if I was clean and racing against dopers,  I'd be constantly moaning about having to race against cheats (the way Paula Radcliffe used to moan when she was an also-ran, then stopped moaning about drugs and became a winner)

RealSpiritof98

Off twitter...

Fastest times recorded over 100m. Those who served time for drugs ban marked in red.

gallsman

He won by 0.2 seconds. That is a destruction.

INDIANA

Quote from: Hound on August 28, 2015, 09:25:30 AM
"I've no problem with Justin Gatlin. I live for competition and respect the fact that he shows up, ready to run" - Bolt yesterday after his 200m gold.

Not sure what to make of that, but I do know if I was clean and racing against dopers,  I'd be constantly moaning about having to race against cheats (the way Paula Radcliffe used to moan when she was an also-ran, then stopped moaning about drugs and became a winner)

And that's what has me suspicious . It's like cycling's omertà . They seem to get on very well for an allegedly clean athlete and a known doper

When you look who Bolt hangs around with all evidence suggests doping .

Yes he was a top class underage athlete and he's a genetic freak but when something walks like a duck , talks like a duck and quacks like a duck - it's usually a duck