Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

muppet

MWWSI 2017

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on November 13, 2015, 02:58:48 PM
Quote from: stew on November 13, 2015, 02:41:16 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2015, 08:53:54 PM
BTW foxcommander, are you really  bothered by the fact that white people can't use the N-word, but black people have reclaimed it?

It irks me to be honest, it is a repugnant word that should be eradicated to history, it is hypocritical for a black man to call another black man the N word.

Richard Prior figured that out late in life, I would say Bill Cosby as well but you know! :P

It's still only a word though even if it's offensive to some. It's amazing how hysterical some can get - the paula deen witchunt was evidence.

There can't be double standards if you bang on about a fair society. Key and Peele use it in their routines - hilarious. Michael Richards uses it in a standup routine - career over.

I don't see why there should be restrictions on anyone using a word.

Unless the word is "Voldemort". Or "Candyman" 3 times in a row.

Apart from the fact that Key and Peele are black, and Michael Richards and Paula Dean are white. You are full of shit if you say  can't see the difference in the context of when and how they said it and baggage that the race of the person  using the word brings.

If you think, as Stew says, that blacks probably  should just let the word die, fine, that is a separate argument, albeit something that is not up to you, assuming you are a white person.

But this idea that black and white use of the word is equivalent is just idiotic and is a childish naked play for false victimhood. "They're using the word, so why can't I?" :'(

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on November 13, 2015, 02:52:07 AM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2015, 09:57:58 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 12, 2015, 09:50:26 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2015, 09:35:51 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 12, 2015, 09:21:19 PM
BTW foxcommander, are you really  bothered by the fact that white people can't use the N-word, but black people have reclaimed it?

You bleat on about inequality but that's a huge example of one rule for some...

You don't understand  how their use of it is completely  different to white use of it?

I don't. If it's in the dictionary I should be allowed use it exactly the same way as anyone else.

or is it ok to use discrimination? How do you know my background - or are you basing it on the colour of my skin?

White use of the word carries the baggage of a history of slavery and white repression of blacks. Black use of it does not. Their use of it is basically  a "f**k you" to that history. I seriously  doubt if you can't see that and thus can only put this down to yet more intellectual  dishonesty  on your part.

I don't know your background  or skin colour. Chances are very strong you're a white Irish male, like almost all of us here.

Nobody owns a word or should dictate what language anyone else chooses to use. It's only the thought police again monitoring this. People like yourself who seem to allow this fake victimhood to continue. Isn't there still calls for reparations in the USA? Don't tell me that's chancing your arm....this is a continuation of this policy to gain leverage ...don't kid yourself its not.

Hulk Hogan, Paula Deen - careers ruined for using a particular word once
Dr Dre uses the same word multiple times in his music and wins Grammys.

If you PC bunch want equality you're not doing a good job. If anything you are tripping over yourselves to apologise.

Look at south Africa's hiring policies if you want to see good examples of how that goes...

Once again  you just ignore the historical context of the use of the word. Paula Dean and Hulk Hogan have no defence whatsoever in using the word like they did. In their contexts, it was used as a racial slur. Do you think their use of it was appropriate?
In what way is it equivalent to a black man using it in a rap song?

And WTF gas the N-word got to do with reparations? ;D

And unless you are going to explain to us how blacks are full of shit about discrimination they face, spare us the false victimization bullshit.

Honestly, you come across as someone who has a bit of resentment against black people.

muppet

Quote from: J70 on November 16, 2015, 01:59:34 PM

It irks me to be honest, it is a repugnant word that should be eradicated to history, it is hypocritical for a black man to call another black man the N word.

Richard Prior figured that out late in life, I would say Bill Cosby as well but you know! :P

It's still only a word though even if it's offensive to some. It's amazing how hysterical some can get - the paula deen witchunt was evidence.

There can't be double standards if you bang on about a fair society. Key and Peele use it in their routines - hilarious. Michael Richards uses it in a standup routine - career over.

Apart from the fact that Key and Peele are black, and Michael Richards and Paula Dean are white. You are full of shit if you say  can't see the difference in the context of when and how they said it and baggage that the race of the person  using the word brings.

If you think, as Stew says, that blacks probably  should just let the word die, fine, that is a separate argument, albeit something that is not up to you, assuming you are a white person.

But this idea that black and white use of the word is equivalent is just idiotic and is a childish naked play for false victimhood. "They're using the word, so why can't I?" :'(

Don't be a stupid Paddy.  ;)
MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

Quote from: muppet on November 16, 2015, 02:08:52 PM

You pale skinned, potato craving, self-victimising, alcoholic.

omaghjoe

On a different angle of the PCness is the term "Oriental" faux pas on the East Coast?

The term "Asian" annoys my shite. Mainly because its inaccurate for who is aimed at, and the subsequent confusion with Indians who arent deemed "Asian" but "Indian", and then the added confusion with that term and Native Americans

I've asked why cant they just be called "Oriental" and the only answer I get is "because that's what you call a rug".... WTF????

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on November 16, 2015, 07:08:18 PM
Are Isrealis Asians in the US?

Not since they joined the Eurovision, along with Australia.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: whitey on November 15, 2015, 09:13:50 PM
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/maher-goes-off-on-pc-college-protesters-who-raised-these-little-monsters/

Even a well known progressive, Bill Maher, getting tired of the campus clowns at Yale

I despise that bollocks, cant abide him at all at all.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

foxcommander

It's called equality - or is that not what you want?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on November 16, 2015, 02:08:52 PM

Shut up you bog-trotting, sheep-shagging leprechaun
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

gallsman

Quote from: foxcommander on November 17, 2015, 04:38:35 AM

It's called equality - or is that not what you want?

I don't mind being called a fenian or taig by my friends. If Jamie Bryson or Willie Frazer called me one, I'd feel an awful lot different.