The Mood of the Nation

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, March 23, 2010, 10:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Irish State. So at this moment in time what do ye reckon?

We are doomed, doomed I tell ya.
8 (17%)
Its just a blip, calm down for feck sake.
3 (6.4%)
Its a bit shakey just now, it could go either way.
9 (19.1%)
We will rebuild stronger and learn from our mistakes.
2 (4.3%)
We will recover but make the same mistakes all over again.
23 (48.9%)
Don't care I am emmigrating.
1 (2.1%)
What are you on about, we are doing ok, its a global recession.
9 (19.1%)
Don't know.
4 (8.5%)
Other
7 (14.9%)
I'm happy.
4 (8.5%)
More things in the World to worry about.
5 (10.6%)
Its a great opportunity for people who want it enough.
3 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: May 12, 2010, 11:18:41 PM

haranguerer

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 23, 2010, 10:59:47 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on March 23, 2010, 10:47:25 PM
With pessimistic whores like you in it, I'd say the mood of the nation is decidedly down...

Thanks haranguerer, I was trying to think of who that other person that always nit-picks on what I say. The other two being Ludermor and Pints (sometimes). Fair enough, I reckon I must annoy ye.

If its any consolation, I dont mean to nit-pick on you in particular, it just seems you present irresistible opportunities. If you end up looking stupid, you can just delete the thread, as usual.  ;)

I mean, by your own admission you started a poll on the mood of the nation, in which it was impossible to vote positively, I think it was fair enough to label you pessimistic and comment on the likely outcome of such a poll.   :D

ziggysego

Quote from: Olly on March 24, 2010, 10:06:23 AM
I don't really see what is wrong with anything. If you drive about the countryside, the farmers are still farming and life is still moving on. We were lucky to have jobs in the first place and maybe unemployment figures need to be higher because we shouldn't have the amount of work we had as wages couldn't be paid by fantasy money.

People took their fantasy money and bought real things with it.

There is a sort of twisted logic to that. Every simplistic there. There was a whole lot more to it, but yes, a twisted logic to what you just said.
Testing Accessibility