Sarah Everard/Women’s safety

Started by general_lee, March 11, 2021, 07:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

That can't be a serious suggestion.

Kidder81

Quote from: seafoid on March 12, 2021, 10:17:14 AM
Most murderers of women know the victim.  The murder of Sarah Everard was a sort of "bogeyman" scenario - very rare but one that resonated with a huge audience.

Do we know she didn't know him? Details quite sketchy at this stage

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 11, 2021, 07:58:20 PM
I asked the missus about this last night and she said when she was at Queen's she had a fella follow her home on a bike and knock the door to ask her out, a different fella sat beside her in Botanic Gardens bench and started saying how he loved her shoes and feet. She moved and he sat beside her again. She had fellas on 2 separate occasions follow her and ask her out on a date. This is all in daylight!

But yet she still married you
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Kidder81 on March 12, 2021, 10:32:10 AM
Quote from: seafoid on March 12, 2021, 10:17:14 AM
Most murderers of women know the victim.  The murder of Sarah Everard was a sort of "bogeyman" scenario - very rare but one that resonated with a huge audience.

Do we know she didn't know him? Details quite sketchy at this stage

Did he not expose himself a few days before this as well?

not that anyone could have foresaw this escalation, the lad was disturbed and he was working for the Met Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command unit.

Lots of rumours of very poor behaviour towards women up to and including rape in the House of Commons and some "seem" to have gotten away with it.
Hardly a good example are they?

seafoid

A woman was arrested with him for aiding a crime. I wonder who

Kidder81

What's the obsession with peoples occupations in episodes like this, at every turn she was a "marketing executive", I actually read something in the Times and we were told both her parents occupations too

From the Bunker

Quote from: Kidder81 on March 12, 2021, 01:32:19 PM
What's the obsession with peoples occupations in episodes like this, at every turn she was a "marketing executive", I actually read something in the Times and we were told both her parents occupations too

It's to tell the community that she was not 'a lady of the night'.

nrico2006

I saw an article that listed his Ukranian mother in-laws occupation too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

grounded

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 12, 2021, 01:37:09 PM

Christ. I was wondering about that occupation thing myself and the constant reference to it.

J70

Quote from: grounded on March 12, 2021, 02:15:49 PM

Christ. I was wondering about that occupation thing myself and the constant reference to it.

Whether they admit it or not, people want to know.

Normal, functional, successful middle-class woman, going about her business, as opposed to lost or dysfunctional or overstretched woman from a troubled or poverty-stricken background.

The latter is part of the ambient, background violence of society, the former is not.

Same thing in the US.

There is sensationalist, blanket news coverage when some young, fit white woman goes missing or is murdered. Poor woman of colour... forget it. A statistic.

Kidder81

And their parents occupations ?

And for transparency the father was a lecturer I think

johnnycool

Quote from: Kidder81 on March 12, 2021, 03:25:29 PM

And their parents occupations ?

And for transparency the father was a lecturer I think

That's to condition us to think he's from a "good" family

Taylor

Quote from: J70 on March 12, 2021, 02:42:23 PM

Normal, functional, successful middle-class woman, going about her business, as opposed to lost or dysfunctional or overstretched woman from a troubled or poverty-stricken background.

The latter is part of the ambient, background violence of society, the former is not.

Same thing in the US.

There is sensationalist, blanket news coverage when some young, fit white woman goes missing or is murdered. Poor woman of colour... forget it. A statistic.

100% correct.

This is what it is all about.

Would a kid that disappeared on holiday many years ago still have an ongoing investigation if they had been from a lower income family?

I doubt it

clarshack

Quote from: J70 on March 12, 2021, 02:42:23 PM

Same thing in the US.

Joanna Yeates was another high profile murder case back in 2010 as she fitted the profile you just described. And I remember the media went to the town on her landlord just because he looked a bit different when it was actually her engineer neighbour that was proven in the end to be her murderer.