Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhailov

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on May 05, 2016, 04:06:17 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 05, 2016, 03:35:47 PM
It might be nice to have one 'feature game ' in the county every monday night over the summer.
different clubs involved every week. it would get good crowds i would say.
An excellent suggestion, we had our game on Tuesday with Carrickmore (you could describe it as a feature game) a great crowd attended it, many Gaels from other clubs attended to take in a potentially good game, they weren't disappointed. Only draw back would be county manager complaining about it because he would not have full turn out at county training due to the game if there were county men involved in the game.

Yes, I agree - good idea. I would go a step further with 1 game on Friday night, 1 on Saturday night, 4 Sunday at normal times, 1 Sunday evening and 1 Monday. That is 8 games per division. Every week you play at different day & time. Gives people chance to go and see other games plus gives club a chance to get some funds in with possible bigger crowds. Of course not everybody will agree or be happy but we need to move with the times and get away from rigid fixtures only on a Sunday.
Anyway, we do this at underage level with games fixed ad hoc on any possible night and clubs are expected to meet the schedule.
It may cause few initial issues but would work IMO if given a chance ....

skeog

maybe setanta would screen some of the games

KIDDO 4

12 mins gone Second half ECiarian 2.7, Killyclogher 0.9

GaelTheGael

Just back from the Greencastle and Carrickmore game. Carmen won by 4 in the finish up.
Greencastle gave an excellent account of themselves against a very ordinary Carrickmore team.
Can someone tell me how Cahir McCullagh has never been mentioned for the Tyrone squad? Was best player on the field today by a good distance.
Carrickmore's slowing the game down tactics bordered on ridiculous there today, the last twenty minutes had men lying down all over the field.Spoiled the game as a spectle when it was exciting up to that. At the end of the game it was embarrassing for all involved how many times Conor Gormley had went down with an "injury"

WBF

Absolutely outrageous comment there Gael to Gael! So Conor Gormley gets kicked in the face whilst on the ground and you don't see that as agood reason for him to be getting treatment?

Also Carrickmore were excellent in the 1st half for not having a full strength team out, I think they were up by 8 points was it?

Although fair dues to greencastle had a great 2nd half were Carrickmore struggled to win any of there own kickouts. Munroe getting a second yellow was a huge loss to the team!

GaelTheGael

Quote from: WBF on May 08, 2016, 05:50:56 PM
Absolutely outrageous comment there Gael to Gael! So Conor Gormley gets kicked in the face whilst on the ground and you don't see that as agood reason for him to be getting treatment?

Also Carrickmore were excellent in the 1st half for not having a full strength team out, I think they were up by 8 points was it?

Although fair dues to greencastle had a great 2nd half were Carrickmore struggled to win any of there own kickouts. Munroe getting a second yellow was a huge loss to the team!
I had a good view of it, the greencastle midfielder kicked the ball from under Gormley which led to him going down twice. Was poor to watch, I would like to think Carrickmore should have enough football in them to beat Greencastle, especially with a healthy lead, without having to lie down continuously for 20 minutes.
On Munroe, I don't know how he stayed on as long as he did, I counted 10 fouls he made. Mickey Slane as well should have been off, either for the black card or the second yellow.

supersarsfields

Have to say the rule in Div 3 for playing the reserve game as 13 aside is starting to be abused by some clubs. I completely understand why the rule was brought in to help clubs with smaller numbers to field. But it's now being turned around by some clubs where even when they have 18 boys they still opt to play 13 a side. We've had 2 reserve games this year and both have been 13 aside. Yet both other clubs had more than 17-18 players. Surely for reserve football it should be as much about getting boys game time as much as everything else. Frustrating when you're trying to keep a panel of players happy and trying to get them as much game time as possible.
I believe Antrim have a similar rule, but that if you have 15 players then you have to play 15 a side. And the 13 a side only comes into play if you actually have less than 15 players. Might be something to look at.

WeeDonns

Quote from: supersarsfields on May 09, 2016, 10:55:46 AM
Have to say the rule in Div 3 for playing the reserve game as 13 aside is starting to be abused by some clubs. I completely understand why the rule was brought in to help clubs with smaller numbers to field. But it's now being turned around by some clubs where even when they have 18 boys they still opt to play 13 a side. We've had 2 reserve games this year and both have been 13 aside. Yet both other clubs had more than 17-18 players. Surely for reserve football it should be as much about getting boys game time as much as everything else. Frustrating when you're trying to keep a panel of players happy and trying to get them as much game time as possible.
I believe Antrim have a similar rule, but that if you have 15 players then you have to play 15 a side. And the 13 a side only comes into play if you actually have less than 15 players. Might be something to look at.

Dropped again lad?

EastTyrone

Quote from: GaelTheGael on May 08, 2016, 06:54:21 PM

I had a good view of it, the greencastle midfielder kicked the ball from under Gormley which led to him going down twice. Was poor to watch, I would like to think Carrickmore should have enough football in them to beat Greencastle, especially with a healthy lead, without having to lie down continuously for 20 minutes.
On Munroe, I don't know how he stayed on as long as he did, I counted 10 fouls he made. Mickey Slane as well should have been off, either for the black card or the second yellow.

I was not at the game but this is always the way with Gormley. He has a hard man reputation but I have never seen a player who goes down as much as him. It is not that he is targeted either. It could be that he is that cute of a footballer that he knows when to slow the game down, but it is horrible to watch.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: EastTyrone on May 09, 2016, 11:19:31 AM

I was not at the game but this is always the way with Gormley. He has a hard man reputation but I have never seen a player who goes down as much as him. It is not that he is targeted either. It could be that he is that cute of a footballer that he knows when to slow the game down, but it is horrible to watch.

'Conor Gormley in Gamesmanship Shocker'
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

tiempo

The competition rules should be written in as 15-a-side with 13 optional if you don't have the numbers, idiotic if it was set up as a 13-a-side specifically but I know of a few examples in other counties of these antics due to poorly worded rules. Put a motion in to the county convention.

supersarsfields

Quote from: WeeDonns on May 09, 2016, 11:17:07 AM

Dropped again lad?

I'm undroppable.   

supersarsfields

Quote from: tiempo on May 09, 2016, 12:00:42 PM

The competition rules should be written in as 15-a-side with 13 optional if you don't have the numbers, idiotic if it was set up as a 13-a-side specifically but I know of a few examples in other counties of these antics due to poorly worded rules. Put a motion in to the county convention.

Yeah that would be an improvement. I think at the minute a club can choose to play 13 a side. Which is fine if you only have 13/ 14 players but a bit of a joke if you have 16-17.

WBF

Quote from: EastTyrone on May 09, 2016, 11:19:31 AM

A lot of criticism towards Conor Gormley yet would any team in the County turn him down?

What about him scoring 7 points from play against Clonoe there was never any mention of that?

Seems this forum is used an awful lot to criticise AMATEUR players yet there is very rarely any talk of positives in the club matches.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: supersarsfields on May 09, 2016, 12:23:57 PM
Quote from: tiempo on May 09, 2016, 12:00:42 PM

Yeah that would be an improvement. I think at the minute a club can choose to play 13 a side. Which is fine if you only have 13/ 14 players but a bit of a joke if you have 16-17.

I thought you had to play 15 if you had 15 there, but again that could be manipulated too. As you say, it should be about given lads games in the main. Surely a sub on these teams that elect not to field 15 would be very unhappy.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone