Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

bredaghgael

Bredagh Talks Sam and Liam-Wellington Park Hotel @8.30pm Thurs 3rd Sept
Regular guest Joe Brolly will be joined this year by fellow Derry man and Antrim Football Manager Liam Bradley,
Armagh's Oisin Mc Conville,Radio Ulster's Lynnette Fay,Tyrone's Ryan Mc Menamin and Cork's All-Ireland Hurling winning Captain in 1990,RTE Hurling analyst Tomás Mulcahy.
Throw-in @ 8.30pm and MC for the event will be Jerome Quinn.

Tickets £10 to include entry to a draw for two All-Ireland Hurling Final tickets and two All-Ireland Football Final tickets

FermPundit

Tomorrow's SFC quarter final between Enniskillen and Devenish has been switched from Kinawley to Brewster Park.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

FermPundit

The confirmed times and venues for today's games.

IFC

Coa v Ederney @ Irvinestown at 5pm

SFC

Enniskillen v Devenish @ Brewster Park at 6:30pm

inisceithleann

Enniskillen 0-04 Devenish 0-04 at half time.

St. Joseph's Ederney 3-05 Coa O'Dwyers 1-10.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

inisceithleann

Enniskillen 0-05 Devenish 1-05, 20 mins gone in the second half.

inisceithleann

Enniskillen 0-07 Devenish 2-07 Full Time result.

sammymaguire

well done to Fermanagh ladies who showed plenty of heart to come out on top of a tough battle against longford on saturday evening on TG4

Roslea Shamrocks overcame a spirited and determined Newtownbutler team also on Saturday evening, 1-09 to 1-06 which sees them head into their first Fermanagh Senior Championship in 23 years.

Newtown lead 0-5 to 0-3 at half-time winning the midfield battle and some good scores from wing half-forward Connolly. But it was the men in green who came out of the blocks the much sharper reeling off 3 quick points seeing the half-time team talk doing wonders. Roslea took a grip around midfield with another solid performance from the capt. James Sherry, ably assisted by Cosgrove, two Quigley's, Peter Sherry and motm Peter Lynch. Roslea bagged a goal after some good attacking play seeing Niall Cosgrove slam home with 10 minutes to play and the margin was 6. The game got niggly with Newtown getting frustrated by the lack of scores only 1 point in 28 minutes which then saw McGuinness of Roslea get a second yellow card for handbags then a late goal put 3 between the teams near the final whistle.

Roslea play winners of Devenish and D'gonnelly which is being played later this evening.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

FermPundit

SFC semi final

Devenish 0-5 2-9 Harps

IFC Final

Ederney 1-3 0-8 Kinawley

Tempoman

Just seen on the hoganstand that the championship final is on saturday 27th and will be played underlights. This is due to fermanagh ladies getting to the intermediate final. Congrats to them.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Fermanagh/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=117483

wanderer

Malachy O'Rourke is happy with his decision to continue as Fermanagh football manager for a third year.

The Derrylin man had considered quitting after a disappointing 2009 which saw the Erne County relegated to Division 3 of the National League and beaten by Cavan and Wicklow in the championship but, after much deliberation, he has decided to continue in the role.

"Last year was disappointing because we never really got going like the way we did in 2008," he told the Irish News.

"It was just a case of looking at that and being sure that we were keen as a management team to go again and try and revitalise the whole thing.

"I've always said that it's a great privilege to manage your own county. So when I got a bit of space and thought about it, I was keen to get back. And I suppose we didn't want to leave it the way we did in 2009."

O'Rourke also revealed that he is likely to add a "fresh face" to his management team ahead of the new season.

Although a very disappointing year, I am happy to see O'Rourke commit to another year. Anyone have any ideas who the 'fresh face' might be? I'd have thought he might be hinting at someone from outside the county

twotwocharlie

Good morning

just on your thread to ask if anyone has a spare ticket or two for the all ireland

have followed our minors all year and now the big one has arrived i am badly stuck for tickets .

would be very gratefull for any help provided.

many thanks.

118cmal

This thread has gone very quiet!

So what's the prediction for this weekend?

Derrygonnelly were very impressive against Devenish but I think Roslea will have too much.  They have a very strong spine.

Also, a big congratulations to the Fermanagh Ladies on their AIF appearance!

greeny

Anybody know who Lisbellaw now play in the Ulster Series or when or where the match is fixed for?

greeny

Roslea to hammer Derrygonnelly. Lack of Discipline will cost Derrygonnelly!!

sammymaguire

Roslea looking good for Saturday evening's encounter with 2 Sherrys and 2 Quigleys being the mainstay of the 15 on the field. (I wonder if playing under lights v Newtown gives them a slight advantage over some of the Derrygonnelly lads that might not have, can't really see that but you never know). The game will certainly hinge on the way Derrygonnelly handle the 2 young Quigley lads as 90% of the scoring comes from those 2. They are goal-getters and Seamus finally looks like he can take on the mantle of the county free-taker if he remains interested in football as he surely has a bright future ahead of him if he stays fit and keeps his head.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!