The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: Redhandfan on October 21, 2007, 10:11:55 PM
Rufus, I presume you had great difficulty keeping a straight face while writing that report of the Harps v Maghery game.  By pure chance, I caught the last ten minutes of the match in question.  I happened to be driving along the main Moy/Armagh road that night and saw the lights coming from Abbey Park.  So, being the great Gael that I am, I went up to see what was going on. 

All I can say is that I will never attend another Armagh club match again if this is what passes for sport.  Both clubs should be ashamed of themselves for taking part in this 'sham fixture'.  It was so blatantly obvious that the two teams were playing for a draw and, worse still, everyone at the ground thought it was hilarious.  I only learned afterwards that both teams required a point for their Division One safety but never in a million years did I think I would actually see such a blatant case of 'match-fixing' in the GAA.  The equalising goal appeared to be pre-rehearsed by the two teams and was greeted with roars of laughter by the so-called Harps Ultras in the stand.  As if that was not bad enough, both sides deliberately missed perfectly good scoring opportunities late in the game, a number of which were absolute 'sitters'.

I honestly thought match-fixing only went on at Irish league soccer matches and never knew it to be a problem in Armagh GAA.  I meant to post earlier on this topic but was far too disgusted to even mention it.  However, with Rufus having the audacity to post a report on this match, I feel it is time people knew the truth about what really happened that night in Abbey Park.  Shame on you all.....

RHF as a Harps supporter I am sorry that you will never again watch an Armagh club match but I am sure you will continue to take your silly wee digs at the Harps and Armagh football in general.

Go away and lie down son and if you feel that embittered toward Armagh why dont you find yourself a job in your own county, that way you can cut all ties with Armagh altogether. ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

umgolaarmagh

Good man stew, its always good to get an external opinion on matters.

Did you enjoy the maghery game

stew

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on October 23, 2007, 11:37:30 AM
Good man stew, its always good to get an external opinion on matters.

Did you enjoy the maghery game

It is my opinion that young RHF hates the harps, he has been bitching about them for years and now and again I respond to the tripe he swears is Gospel about the Harps.

Do I really need to be at the game to know that he is talking out of his arse? I don't think so.

What any of this has to do you with umgola is beyond me but I do think it is great you jumped to young Mackles defense.  :)

umgolaarmagh

As a member of the club i think im entitle to an opinion!!!!!    :P

Candyman

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on October 25, 2007, 01:03:06 AM
Are you not the Honourary President of the Ballycrummy 5 GFC???  :D

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Candyman on October 25, 2007, 12:53:34 PM
Are you not the Honourary President of the Ballycrummy 5 GFC???  :D

Apparently there's been a few people with transfer requests to join it as well

Candyman

stew

That you are sir, that you are.

umgolaarmagh

Candyman, your transfer forms are in the post and the deal can be closed this weekend (in raffs)

training starts in May

Candyman

What about my fee umgola, can we agree on that at least???  ;)

Candyman

Fancy Dress/ Halloween party on sat nite in the club....
should be a good nites craic with some unusual clients lurking about!!!  :D

Rufus T Firefly

Congratulations to our girls Under 14s after they beat Carrickcruppen by four points in the Championship Final in Mullabrack yesterday afternoon. Nice one girls!!  8)

Like to mention also the management team of Malachy Geraghty, Alun Kelly and Leo Duffy!  Well done lads!!  8)

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Candyman on October 26, 2007, 10:29:19 AM
What about my fee umgola, can we agree on that at least???  ;)

Would a few burgers do?? ;)

Candyman

ah now only the finest armagh champagne will do... ;)