Armagh Players Release Statement

Started by topgun, September 11, 2009, 11:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topgun

Taken from RTE sport

The Armagh Senior Football panel have taken the extraordinary step of releasing a statement to express their disappointment at the selection process for a new manager for the county.

Earlier this week the task of naming a new manager took a major back step when the five-man selection committee resigned after becoming frustration with a lack of progress.

The Armagh players believe the lack of support from county executive level was behind the decision.

The now Monaghan assistant Paul Grimley had been put forward for the job and the players identify in their statement that a 'primary candidate', thought to be Grimley, has the support of the panel, but outside forces are stopping him being appointed.

The statement said: 'The clubs via their nominations identified a primary candidate to whom the players remain supportive but due to what we see as personal agendas, and a flawed process, their voices have been overlooked.

'We also believe that those entrusted with safeguarding this ideal are not acting accordingly and thus no longer retain our confidence.'

Grimley has denied speculation he will take the job if it is offered to him, claiming he will not go back on a decision to take the role with Monaghan.

He said: 'I have given Seamus McEnaney my word and intend to stick by that.'

The players are now calling for a county board meeting to discuss what they call 'the gravest of situation' to allow their opinion to be aired.

a prophet is not recognised by his own

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

orangeman

topgun

Def dont want to go down that road!!!!!!!!!!!!
a prophet is not recognised by his own

AFS

Quote from: orangeman on September 11, 2009, 11:58:24 AM
Quote from: Minder on September 11, 2009, 11:56:11 AM
Cork hurlers all over again ?

Please ! Don't go there.

If it does head down that road any chance you and Reillers can keep away from the discussion?

Zulu

The Cork hurlers? Try the Cork hurlers, the Wexford hurlers, the Waterford hurlers, the Galway footballers (probably), and a few more that we aren't aware of. Still though they aren't all worthy of 500 pages of bullshit like the Cork lads, and if the Armagh board acted out of personal spite rather than for the good of Armagh GAA then I hope the players do make a stand. However I know little about the situation so I can't comment any further.

Final Whistle

blewuporstuffed

As an outsider i think its a different situation to cork hurlers, no one has been appointed as manager and they are expressing their disappointment that a viable candidate whom the players would have approved of, did not get the job because of outside personal agendas/none football reasons and they are left with no manager at the minute.
I think the hurlers situation was different than that, in that they didnt want who the CB had appointed.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

full back

CB are going to get it from all angles now :o

INDIANA

Quote from: Zulu on September 11, 2009, 12:11:41 PM
The Cork hurlers? Try the Cork hurlers, the Wexford hurlers, the Waterford hurlers, the Galway footballers (probably), and a few more that we aren't aware of. Still though they aren't all worthy of 500 pages of bullshit like the Cork lads, and if the Armagh board acted out of personal spite rather than for the good of Armagh GAA then I hope the players do make a stand. However I know little about the situation so I can't comment any further.

1- There is precious little cop on in relation to county boards here, ie in terms of how they actually work. i'd say the amount of current or ex-board delegates here could be counted on one hand. Most of the people who criticise county baords here wouldn't do the the job themselves and people here know that.

2- For me the Armagh situation is simple. The Armagh County board announced a process they had to go through Zulu. This is before Grimley resigned.
Grimley then resigned and privately made himself available for the position. However he had reservations about going through the interview process and simply saw himself as the best canditate. Which is fair enough.
That left the county board between a rock and a hard place. They had announced a transparent process with a management committee who would interview people put forward by the clubs. Now were they simply suppose to eradicate that process based on the availability of one canditate and scrub the remainder of the rest of the clubs nominations? In fairness Grimley had 2 guys on that management committe who were definitely going to vote for him, so thats as much as anyone could ask.
Grimley got a massive offer from Monaghan which he had to take in a short time span or not at all. And he took it. Thats life. And people need to get over it.

Players play- county board look after other things. What some people propose here is total anarchy. What have wexford, waterford and cork hurlerswon in the last few years? F*** all.

Logan

Quote from: INDIANA on September 11, 2009, 12:58:27 PM
Quote from: Zulu on September 11, 2009, 12:11:41 PM

1- There is precious little cop on in relation to county boards here, ie in terms of how they actually work. i'd say the amount of current or ex-board delegates here could be counted on one hand. Most of the people who criticise county baords here wouldn't do the the job themselves and people here know that.

2- For me the Armagh situation is simple. The Armagh County board announced a process they had to go through Zulu. This is before Grimley resigned.
Grimley then resigned and privately made himself available for the position. However he had reservations about going through the interview process and simply saw himself as the best canditate. Which is fair enough.
That left the county board between a rock and a hard place. They had announced a transparent process with a management committee who would interview people put forward by the clubs. Now were they simply suppose to eradicate that process based on the availability of one canditate and scrub the remainder of the rest of the clubs nominations? In fairness Grimley had 2 guys on that management committe who were definitely going to vote for him, so thats as much as anyone could ask.
Grimley got a massive offer from Monaghan which he had to take in a short time span or not at all. And he took it. Thats life. And people need to get over it.

Players play- county board look after other things. What some people propose here is total anarchy. What have wexford, waterford and cork hurlerswon in the last few years? F*** all.

Grimley could have put Banty on the long finger - Banty could have waited - No doubt abut that.
Who else was he going to get instead? Joe?

DuffleKing

county board made an agreement with grimley re the manager's job and agreed to put same in writing.
County board reneged on putting the agreement in writing. Grimley smelled a rat- again - and walked.

which part of your process does that fit into Indiana?

Orior

Are these players assuming that they are in the Grimley's panel?

or

Are these players assuming that they are in the ANOther's panel
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

full back

I think talking about the panel is pedantic

The core of the panel is going to be the same, regardless of who is in. The majority of the best players in the county are already on the panel so they  are entitled to have their say

Logan

Quote from: DuffleKing on September 11, 2009, 01:14:38 PM

county board made an agreement with grimley re the manager's job and agreed to put same in writing.
County board reneged on putting the agreement in writing. Grimley smelled a rat- again - and walked.

which part of your process does that fit into Indiana?

And which apart of your post is accurate?