Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 26, 2023, 09:59:52 PM
Routine win for Manchester City, excepted with Arsenal's recent form. The idea that their Europa league exit would prove a blessing in disguise was far fetched.

Other end of the table is more interesting. A big win for Nottingham Forest.
Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 26, 2023, 09:42:05 PM
City best team in league by far, followed by Liverpool. Arsenal improving but long way to go!
?

imtommygunn

Poor auld lampard won't be getting many jobs after this.

mrdeeds

Saliba injury was major for Arsenal plus hard to compete with over a 100 charges of cheating City.

Mourne Red

AFTV should be good watching for the rest of youse tonight.. At Least Down won Ulster tonight ease the pain of watching that shite from Arsenal

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 26, 2023, 10:00:11 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 26, 2023, 09:59:52 PM
Routine win for Manchester City, excepted with Arsenal's recent form. The idea that their Europa league exit would prove a blessing in disguise was far fetched.

Other end of the table is more interesting. A big win for Nottingham Forest.
Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 26, 2023, 09:42:05 PM
City best team in league by far, followed by Liverpool. Arsenal improving but long way to go!
?

Still think 2nd best team in the league. Few tweaks and they'll be back in the mix. P.S not a pool fan

yellowcard

Many English fans used to deride the uncompetitive nature of German, Spanish, French Leagues etc. People need to wake up to what is happening in England. Man City have dominated English football for the best part of a decade but very few want to ask how it happened. The same will happen with Newcastle whose owners vast wealth dwarf that of the UAE. It's completely soulless.

AustinPowers

I only  heard  the  other day that Man City  are still  on for the same treble as united  won in 1999.  Is it just Me or  is there a bit of a 'meh'  attitude about  this possible achievement?

I remember the  1999 treble, every game  was huge.  Maybe I just don't  care  as much now, or maybe it's also because I  don't support city. 

But what are your thoughts?

Has  the Saudi money ruined things?  Or is there a hint of inevitability  about city  doing the treble that  people just  have accepted?

Armagh18

Quote from: AustinPowers on April 26, 2023, 10:43:46 PM
I only  heard  the  other day that Man City  are still  on for the same treble as united  won in 1999.  Is it just Me or  is there a bit of a 'meh'  attitude about  this possible achievement?

I remember the  1999 treble, every game  was huge.  Maybe I just don't  care  as much now, or maybe it's also because I  don't support city. 

Has  the Saudi money ruined things?  Or is there a hint of inevitability  about city  doing the treble that  people just  have accepted?
If theres any soul left in the game at all, Madrid and United, the 2 biggest clubs in the world will stop that shower.

thewobbler

Quote from: yellowcard on April 26, 2023, 10:36:13 PM
Many English fans used to deride the uncompetitive nature of German, Spanish, French Leagues etc. People need to wake up to what is happening in England. Man City have dominated English football for the best part of a decade but very few want to ask how it happened. The same will happen with Newcastle whose owners vast wealth dwarf that of the UAE. It's completely soulless.

Twitter this season is falling over with Liverpool, United, Arsenal, Spurs fans proclaiming that their club just needs 2-3 more world class players and they'll be right there with City, and that their respective boards are penny pinching blowhards with no interest in football.

The reality is that none of these sides needs a massive injection of talent. What they all need is for City to stop injecting themselves with a new batch of high end talent at every turn.

That's what's wrong with football, and not the boards of the clubs the next rung down. Football fans need to open their eyes and vent their protests in the correct direction.

maldini

What everyone else needs is Guardiola to leave
He's the difference. City had money before he came in and never dominated like this

Lots of clubs have spent hundreds of millions and are nowhere near the top of the table.
If you go by net spend (which Liverpool fans preached about for years) City are one of the lowest in the league over the last five years

Chelsea and Man United have spent billions and can't get near a title
Takes more than money

screenexile

Quote from: maldini on April 26, 2023, 11:06:18 PM
What everyone else needs is Guardiola to leave
He's the difference. City had money before he came in and never dominated like this

Lots of clubs have spent hundreds of millions and are nowhere near the top of the table.
If you go by net spend (which Liverpool fans preached about for years) City are one of the lowest in the league over the last five years

Chelsea and Man United have spent billions and can't get near a title
Takes more than money

While the Arab oil money is abhorrent and ruining the game it's a bit rich clubs like Real/Barca/Man Utd being the moral compass of the game when they're as guilty as the next club for spending exorbitant amounts of cash.

The amount of money the Glazers have spent on players recently is ridiculous it's the management of the club that's the problem some totally agree with what you've said above.

If football is to be fixed then FIFA need a salary cap for the top leagues in the world but there's absolutely zero chance of that happening!

Until then we can look forward to a strong getting stronger scenario as we have a t the minute.

Captain Obvious

Club generated money spent or blowing away their revenue is one thing however Manchester City a run of the mill club basically won the lottery when the Arabs chose them. Newcastle are the same and success will follow in the years ahead.  Had Arsenal won the league this season and Liverpool winning it in 2020 was interesting for neutrals and rival supporters. Any more success for Manchester City and Newcastle's to come for people that don't supporter them will be a bit ‘meh’ no matter how much SKY Sports and others try to hype it up.

gawa316

Think it is something to do with United's quadruple attempt now being finished, so the media can finally move on to city's treble bid

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on April 27, 2023, 12:39:00 AM

Think it is something to do with United's quadruple attempt now being finished, so the media can finally move on to city's treble bid

Is the treble mathematical possible?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

square_ball

I think Evertons time is up in the Premier League. I just don't see where they are getting the points they need to stay up. Southampton as well. Then one from Leicester, Forest and Leeds.