Hurling 2024

Started by seafoid, January 01, 2023, 08:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 13, 2023, 11:32:25 AM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 13, 2023, 11:27:42 AM
Looked to me that he saw that ball being caught by the Kilkenny back and went to blow the whistle to call it back. As he's doing so the Kilkenny back drops the catch and of course it's put into the net. When you blow the whistle you can't unblow it.
It's unfortunate and I'm sure the referee looks back and wishes he waited but it is literally a split second decision. I wouldn't be too hard on him.

It was a 5 second decision, he could, and I know I've went well beyond 5 seconds to see how it develops but yeah, while he was actually clocked correctly, I'm sure looking back he wishes he'd have seen him drop the ball and we'd all be saying the ref was brilliant, but for now he's just a ......

Was he? It didn't feel like 5 seconds at the time...

Zooming around

Quote from: Jonkunlon on July 13, 2023, 11:06:29 AM
Quote from: Zooming around on July 13, 2023, 09:24:30 AM
Quote from: Jonkunlon on July 12, 2023, 11:24:35 PM
Clare lost by one puck of the ball.

The amount of soft frees Kilkenny got were hard to fathom. The free against Tony Kelly when the Kilkenny player slipped, the two frees TJ got in the minutes leading up to halftime, one in his attacking half (which he scored from) then the one in his own full back line, neither were frees.

Clare have a genuine grievance here. Training all year to be on the end of those decisions is hard to stomach.

Go back and watch the first free awarded in the game. The Kilkenny player twice puts his hand in the Clare defender's neck then face. That's 2 men every day of the week.

Clare should have had at least two black cards which would have resulted in penalties which TJ Reid would have buried plus a red card for the head high tackle on Richie Hogan but of course the ref favoured Kilkenny!!!! Take off the glasses.

Oh come on. Ruche Higan clearly overcarried the ball then bought that foul. The commentators all agreed on that. Red card my arse.

I have no intention of getting into a discussion on your arse.
He was hit with a shoulder to the head. A clear red card.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on July 13, 2023, 11:47:00 AM
Looked to me that he saw that ball being caught by the Kilkenny back and went to blow the whistle to call it back. As he's doing so the Kilkenny back drops the catch and of course it's put into the net. When you blow the whistle you can't unblow it.
It's unfortunate and I'm sure the referee looks back and wishes he waited but it is literally a split second decision. I wouldn't be too hard on him.

It was a 5 second decision, he could, and I know I've went well beyond 5 seconds to see how it develops but yeah, while he was actually clocked correctly, I'm sure looking back he wishes he'd have seen him drop the ball and we'd all be saying the ref was brilliant, but for now he's just a ......

I timed it at the time of the first replay, 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, ;)

In fairness, I was on my 4th pint of Guinness but it was 5 not 4
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 13, 2023, 01:26:37 PM

It wasn't clocked properly. He didn't wait the full 5 seconds. Think Lawlor dropped the ball just shy of 4 seconds. Does a ref just count in their head in those instances? It's not as if he has time to set a stopwatch ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 13, 2023, 01:31:03 PM

It wasn't clocked properly. He didn't wait the full 5 seconds. Think Lawlor dropped the ball just shy of 4 seconds. Does a ref just count in their head in those instances? It's not as if he has time to set a stopwatch ?

What minute of the game was it? I'll get the stopwatch out, time it from the second of the free and moment he blew

edit.. 44th minute
I clocked it at 4.89 seconds..
He'll need to work on his Mississippi's
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 13, 2023, 01:43:24 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on July 13, 2023, 01:31:03 PM

What minute of the game was it? I'll get the stopwatch out, time it from the second of the free and moment he blew

edit.. 44th minute
I clocked it at 4.89 seconds..
He'll need to work on his Mississippi's

Did it again and it was 5.35 seconds.. I don't know now! Either way he blew possibly quicker than what you would see normally in games, I'm around 10 seconds depending on how I'm feeling  ;D

marty34

Can we get back to the hurling?

johnnycool

Quote from: marty34 on July 13, 2023, 04:17:27 PM
Can we get back to the hurling?

Limerick will miss Sean Finn to stifle Eoin Cody, but Mr Cody won't get the same space as he did on Sunday past....

Expecting a Limerick win by 5 or 6. They're hitting form at the right time for me.

imtommygunn

I hope KK win and I don't say that much with them.

Milltown Row2

Should be going down, and the craic's mighty but something missing these last few years, maybe it's the stand alone game I don't know. But sure it's the showpiece event and if Kilkenny start as well and can get a bitta or regain some momentum in the second half they'll do alright, if their wide count is similar that'll help

Jonkunlon

John Keenan got the final I see. Will be a tough game to referee. Limerick are very physical. Don't think there'll be one score in it this time.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 13, 2023, 05:11:26 PM
Should be going down, and the craic's mighty but something missing these last few years, maybe it's the stand alone game I don't know. But sure it's the showpiece event and if Kilkenny start as well and can get a bitta or regain some momentum in the second half they'll do alright, if their wide count is similar that'll help
If kilkenny start well Quaid will take off his helmet.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on July 13, 2023, 08:08:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 13, 2023, 05:11:26 PM
If kilkenny start well Quaid will take off his helmet.

Not a good look I'd imagine

marty34

Quote from: Jonkunlon on July 13, 2023, 08:04:45 PM
John Keenan got the final I see. Will be a tough game to referee. Limerick are very physical. Don't think there'll be one score in it this time.

We'll be discussing the amount of throw balls by Limerick after the game.

Jonkunlon

An exhibition of how to officiate by the Tyrone referee in the Dublin v Monaghan game.