CLARE V LIMERICK

Started by didlyi, June 21, 2008, 03:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

didlyi

Just in case the few hurling posters on this forum have forgotten, these 2 meet for the first time in th Munster Championship since the epic battle in 96. Wouldnt surprise me if we get a similar game on Sunday although Clare look much more settled than last year and would fancy them to win by a score or two.

groundlie

I'm really looking forward to it, its going to be some battle. Hopefully Clare pull through because I would love to see a Tipp vs Clare final with Clare winning!! That would really sicken TIPP.

Lecale2

Should be a great auld battle alright. The run out against Waterford should allow Clare to shade it. If Clare win the final is in Limerick, if Limerick win it's in Thurles. Why?

Onlooker

Tipp and Limerick have a home and away agreement and their last match was the second replay in Limerick last year, so the next time they meet in the Munster Championship the game will be in Thurles.  No such agreement exists between Tipp and Clare, as Cusack Park, Ennis is not big enough to hold the crowd, so Limerick is the obvious neutral venue.

GaillimhIarthair

Have a slight fancy for Clare in this one based on them having a decent championship game under their belts, but Waterford were woeful and its hard to know how good Clare really are.  Limerick are coming in cold and Brian Geary will be a massive loss to them but its difficult to see them coming close to repeating last years feats.  Clare by 4.

Bogball XV

right can someone explain why a referee calls 3 mins injury time, yet blows it up exactly on 73 mins, when the last minute and a half was spent taking a 21yd free and sending someone off for a foul before the free could be taken???

slow corner back

Because he had just sent one player off and the game which was close to the edge all through was right on the verge of erupting into a melee. By the way will the disciplinary panel be looking at the limerick players part in the sending off a la feargal docherty a couple of weeks ago. He clearly struck the clare man first with the stick, he retaliated and got sent off rather stupidly. If the clare man deserved to go so did the guy who instigated it.

orangeman

TippEamon

Yes, the final will be in Limerick on 13th July.

imtommygunn

Clare's goals won it and they knuckled down when the going got tough. When the going gets tough Colin Lynch is the man you want on your team. Thought Limerick might have took over when down to 2 points but Clare stepped up to the plate.

Like someone said I thought Niall Moran did something on the guy who was sent off who stupidly retaliated. Clean game on the whole though I thought.

Clare Tipp should be a good final - don't think there'll be much between them.

Griffin might be on for Clare which will help too.

squareballz

limerick and soft goals recently ahhhh!!! anywho, good to see a Munster Final without either Waterford or Cork tis good for the game

orangeman

The goals were a killer !

Silky

Good all round team performanace and we didn't get it as easy as we did against Waterford. Bring on Tipp!

I didn't see the Sunday game - why was Griffen taken off? He didn't appear to be injured.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Silky on June 23, 2008, 11:28:15 AM
Good all round team performanace and we didn't get it as easy as we did against Waterford. Bring on Tipp!

I didn't see the Sunday game - why was Griffen taken off? He didn't appear to be injured.
Griffin was apparently carrying a hamstring injury into the game and tweaked it again about 20 mins in.......................................

Davitt Man

Can someone post the piece by Tom Humphries in the times, he was on about the munster hurling c\ship and ronaldo