Ross and Brand, Comedy or not

Started by Square Ball, October 28, 2008, 07:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

nothing to do with Manual, just think is inbad taste and not comical in the least irrespective of what you think of the grand daughter
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Hurler on the Bitch

The fact remains that it was all in bad taste. Brand and Ross should be knuckled for their schoolboy and totally immature attitude. ALSO...It was TOTALLY  UNnecessary to show pictures of the girl in question - WHAT DOES THAT ADD TO THE DEBATE???? However, you must admit .. she has a great set on her and fair play to Brand if he has!!!...!

Yes I Would

Brands a t**ser. Never saw the comedy with him.
Rossy although a bit of an arse kisser, i find quit witty on his Friday nght show.

As for the story, FFS complete overreaction. 10,000 complaints. 2 formal complaints to the cops.
Main Headline on 6.30 Brit News, and the f**king country falling to pieces day by day!!!

The GAA

The Watcher Pat

I'd do that no problem.....But i wouldn't phone her grandad and tell her.... ;)
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on October 28, 2008, 09:54:28 PM
I'd do that no problem.....But i wouldn't phone her grandad and tell her.... ;)

If I was pished, I probably would phone her granda... but live on air SOBER?

SLIGONIAN

Its wasnt funny, just kinda sad in a way but they have a sick sense of humour. Although i seen brand stand up live on tv a while back and was impressed. She is hot and brand probably knows her but should respect the grandparents and parents even if it is manuel.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

YogiBear

I thought it was very funny actually and if you did get a go at the grand daughter (which I wouldn't think would be to hard) you would be telling everyone including the grandparents.  Didn't find it have as offensive as Sachs portrayal of Spanish people in Fawlty Towers, pot and kettle spring to mind when I hear him complaining. As hardstation says he should have went on the show when he said he was the bad mannered wee git

Over the Bar

Someone's head will have to roll to placate the mob.  My money is on the faceless BBC exec who read approved the show going out.  Possibly Brand as well but  not Ross.  Any bookies offering odds?

Minder

Quote from: Over the Bar on October 29, 2008, 09:03:30 AM
Someone's head will have to roll to placate the mob.  My money is on the faceless BBC exec who read approved the show going out.  Possibly Brand as well but  not Ross.  Any bookies offering odds?

I would doubt if either will walk, if either does it will be to a bigger contract on Sky/ITV etc. Tremendous publicity for both when the furore loses some force.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

Lads it was totally out of order IMHO. Regardless of who did or didn't do anything, to phone up and man and brag about having his grand daughter is sick.

The part that I thought was very, very close to the edge was not really picked up by the media is where Ross alluded to Sachs having a picture of his grand daughter when she was 9 at the side of the phone and looking at her as Brand relied his graphic description.

Wasn't there a sick case last year where-by a girl was raped. As the rapist walked away he rang the girl's mother and told her what he did. The only differance is the consentual elemant.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

bennydorano

Quote from: Yes I Would on October 28, 2008, 09:42:49 PM
As for the story, FFS complete overreaction. 10,000 complaints. 2 formal complaints to the cops.
Main Headline on 6.30 Brit News, and the f**king country falling to pieces day by day!!!
And remember, according to Family Guy 1 complaint from the public actually equals 1 billion.

Brand did sleep with the girl.  I actually think he's very funny and he went up in my estimation no end when nailing Bob Geldof beautifully - cant remember the actual wording but I think he was hosting a charity do and was slaggin Geldof, Geldof called him something nasty and Brand replied with - Bob you were certainly the right man to lead a campaign against famine as you've been dining out on Dont like Mondays for 30 yrs  :D(or something to that effect)

Hardy

Respect. That's the missing ingredient.

(Well said Pangurban).

bennydorano

Respect is not someting I would normally associate with Brand or his genre of 'shock jock' DJ's(although he'd probably hate to be called that).  I think it's caused such a stink because of the institutions that were involved i.e genteel BBC Radio 2 and Andrew Sachs.  Not sure what Brand is doing on Radio 2. 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Take Your Points on October 28, 2008, 09:33:11 PM
Quote from: Pangurban on October 28, 2008, 08:54:54 PM
When the so called entertainment media deliberately sets out to cater for the lowest common denominator, its only to be expected that incidents like this will be the result. These two personalities have been successful because the gutter is their natural environment. Says as much about the society we live in as it does about them.

100% correct.  BBC is chasing ratings by appealing to the lowest.  Brand, Ross, Moyles to name a few of the talentless so called entertainers paid from public funds.
Fancy a broadcaster being concerned about ratings  ::)