Started by Square Ball, October 28, 2008, 07:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Handy on October 29, 2008, 06:51:52 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 29, 2008, 05:40:26 PM
Quote from: Handy on October 29, 2008, 02:21:31 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 29, 2008, 01:58:05 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on October 29, 2008, 01:11:53 PM
Ross has little talent beyond self promotion.  This is shown by his gutter chat in an attempt to raise his profile.

BBC should remember that it depends on a licence fee which is mandatory on each person with a TV even if they do not listen or watch the BBC.  Most people resent payment but it is made worse when £11,000,000 is handed over to the likes of Ross.  No TV personalities are worth that amount.
That is just plain wrong in my opinion. Ross is now in a position at the BBC where he does not need to indulge in self-promotion. You will rarely see him at an awards ceremony (he may well be presenting them!), premiere or even giving an interview for that matter. I'll admit his salary is excessive for a chatshow and a radio show 1 day a week but last I checked the BBC didn't canvas licence payers for salary suggestions.

As is always the case, if you don't like him or Brand you can switch over/off.

But you still have to pay the licence fee!!  ::)
So will I not have to pay it if they both get sacked?

I'm sure neither of them give a flying one if they do get sacked - point is we are forced to pay for these t**ts to produce whatever shite they like.  Maybe it's time for the BBC to become comercial like other stations - wtf does the licence fee pay for anyway - the world service, some arty crap on at 11pm on BBC2.  :o

Whats this "we" business pale face?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ONeill

Twas a really bizarre move by the producer(s) to run with the item, two days after it had been recorded. The BBC will find it hard to justify a renewel of the licence if they keep churning out bungle after bungle.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

pintsofguinness

Think this is getting a bit out of hand now, Gordon Brown commenting? Has he nothing to do ffs?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7694989.stm

On Sunday:
QuoteThe BBC says it is "not aware of receiving a complaint from Mr Sachs".

It says that two complaints were made at the time of the broadcast but that they related to Ross' swearing rather then the content of the phone calls.

The show has a regular audience of about 400,000 listeners.

Today
Quote1830 GMT: The total amount of complaints passes 27,000.

That really says it all.  ::)

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Yes I Would

f**k it. How do you go about airing a complaint.
Ive just realised how offended i feel. 

FFS . Mark Durkan threw his oar in earlier as well,
Suppose it makes a change from recission talk.

Tony Baloney

27000 with f**k all else to do! No race, religion or nation was directly offended by the comments so these people need to get a life.

The mob now have their pound of flesh with Brand resigning and some of editorial team are sure to follow so I'd say normal service will be resumed soon for Ross and rightly so. If this is the biggest topic on Gordon Brown's radar then God help us!

ziggysego

I wonder what 'bad news' the British Government got out this week....
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 29, 2008, 09:15:00 PM
27000 with f**k all else to do! No race, religion or nation was directly offended by the comments so these people need to get a life.

The mob now have their pound of flesh with Brand resigning and some of editorial team are sure to follow so I'd say normal service will be resumed soon for Ross and rightly so. If this is the biggest topic on Gordon Brown's radar then God help us!
I'd be confident Brand will be snapped up by another station that offers him about a nice little pay rise. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Minder

I just cant believe all the newspapers and media outlets are leading with it as their lead story. It shows how fcuked up society is, celebrity seems to trump all other issues.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Top of the hill

It is just a way of taking people's minds off the fact the economy in knackered. We might all be in financial trouble but spare a thought for poor Manuel off Fawlty towers - 2 overpaid tw*ts have insulted him by making crude remarks about his granddaughter (the very demure miss Voluptua "the satanic slut)  ;)
. . He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue
That's the Chicago way

ONeill

And think of the amount of stick and slaps Manuel got off Basil. The man needs a break!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

leenie

Quote from: Minder on October 29, 2008, 09:41:58 PM
I just cant believe all the newspapers and media outlets are leading with it as their lead story. It shows how fcuked up society is, celebrity seems to trump all other issues.

here here........

they done it, they were out of hand, it shouldn't have been aired but mr sachs has accepted their apology........ but yet people are focusing more on that than whats happening in the world..... i'd like to 27,000 complaints being made to the gov. in 2 days about their behavior!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Hound

Two t**sers who deserve everything they get, because they are t**sers.

But my jaysus, such an over-reaction. Its just pure tabloid hype that generated a bandwagon, and everyone delighted to jump on.

Anyone who would deliberately listen to their radio show, would have expected to hear something like this and would have found it funny. Anyone who doesnt like them shouldnt listen to their stupid show, unless they like getting offended. There are comedians (and I use the term lightly) all over the world who make their money by slagging off other people. Only two people who actually listened to the program when it went out made a complaint, and they just probably happened onto it by accident. The remaining thousands of complaints have come from people who heard about it from the papers afterwards.

And I wonder is Sachs more upset about two idiots leaving a message on his phone about one of them riding his glamourmodel grandaughter (which was listened too by a small minority of the population) or by his grandaughter selling her story to the Sun outlining to millions the stuff she got up to with Brand, and how he shouted "QUE", while doing the jiggy ?

full back

The grand-daughter is some craic.
She was so upset that she had to sell her story to the Sun ::)
She says she cant wait until the investigation gets sorted & she is so happy it hasnt affected her family

SidelineKick

I normally enjoy old Wossy, but I cant stand that pr*ck Brand.  No punishment can be enough for that c**t.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Hardy

Bread and circuses. Ludicrous promotion of the tabloid agenda to national priority level. But a good day's work for the mob that there's one less talentless, crude, self-promoting creep on the screens.