Ross and Brand, Comedy or not

Started by Square Ball, October 28, 2008, 07:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Mentalman

"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Rav67

Brand's got a lot of people's backs up- our very own Danny Morrison, the moral majority in the US and now this! 

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Rav67

An audience member on the Big Brother studio programme said some contestant should "kick up shit" in the house, Brand took the literal meaning and made some joking reference to a "Bobby Sands-style protest."  Danny got very offended by the whole thing.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Handy

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3681498

Here's your wans bebo!  :D  Sad thing is Ross and Brand will milk this and make more money.

Tankie

its typical low end modern society where being rude and vulgar can make you very rich and famous!!!
Grand Slam Saturday!

balladmaker

Two pricks who are only deemed 'funny' by those who mistakingly think that it is cool to laugh at anything they say.  Brand was on the Late Late Show last year, and for a so called comedian, he wasn't able to crack one joke!  Typical British gutter comedy, but as they are considered to be 'cool', they are both highly successful..

ExiledGael

Quote from: Handy on October 28, 2008, 08:09:49 PM

How the hell did you find that?
Why would she have that public? Maybe she's not that bothered to be brought to the attention of the wider media.
Some pretty bad comments there too.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Ridiculous over reaction from the media on this one. Fair enough they went a bit far but its been blown out of all proportion.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Tony Baloney

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 28, 2008, 08:26:38 PM
Ridiculous over reaction from the media on this one. Fair enough they went a bit far but its been blown out of all proportion.
Have to agree. There were only a handful of official complaints after this show but as the story has got more publicity thousands of angry Daily Mail readers with f**k all else to do have lodged complaints on the back of media reports.

A storm in a teacup and there is absolutely no danger of Jonathan Ross getting the line for this.

Pangurban

When the so called entertainment media deliberately sets out to cater for the lowest common denominator, its only to be expected that incidents like this will be the result. These two personalities have been successful because the gutter is their natural environment. Says as much about the society we live in as it does about them.

full back

Have to agree that it is an over reaction which has been blown out of proportion by the media.
Have absolutely no time for Brand as he is a tosser ( IMHO )
Always enjoyed Ross, be it on the radio or on his TV show on a Friday night.

Although some may view the story as inappropriate because of  'Manuel' , lets call a spade a f**king spade, because the lady in question hasnt exactly covered herself in glory in the past, or been too worried about what members of her family think about her.

Orior

Some nice pics of Georgina on her Bebo site.

But that does not excuse what they did. As someone said earlier, imagine our own grandad getting a phone call like that.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians