McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: tyronefan on March 10, 2009, 10:48:21 PM
the 2008 panal wanted him out   up until a few weeks ago the ccb and the clubs wanted him in the job  they voted for him 3 times ffs
The club DELEGATES voted him in..I don't know how many times it's been said by now, they were not, clearly, representing their clubs view.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: EddieMerx on March 10, 2009, 10:27:22 PM
Quote from: Bud Wiser on March 10, 2009, 10:24:35 PM
I have said many times on this thread that the GAA HQ should suspend the whole lot of them.  The GAA must now decide whether it is right or wrong to remove a manager by physical threats to his wife and family and they must do the right thing.  There needs to be a complete cooling off period anyway so a two year ban for Cork Senior Hurling at inter-county level should be the content of a letter from Mr Nicky tomorrow morning.  Cork GAA, regardless of who is right or who is wrong are an absolute disgrace to the association, all of them, 2008 panel and supporters.  How far more into disrepute can you drag the GAA more than having the main evening news reporting that Mr McCarthy's wife and his gfamily were threathened with physical violence??   It is not Adidas stripes these boys should be wearing but prison stripes.  I hope o2 and Adidas are proud of what they are sponsoring now.
+1

+2

An absolute f**king disgrace down there, from start to finish (whenever that will be). Now yous know why the rest of the country regards ye as ignorant bilergant hoors. The CCB are were the biggest culprits for putting Gerald McCarthy in that position, McCarthy was a fool to take the position when the 08 panel said they wouldn't play for him (any right thinking individual would have told them to go f**k themselves & not take the job as they didn't need the hassle) and the 08 panel are some shower for not even engaging in face to face talks. However the biggest shame has just been publicised with the death threats and physical violence made against McCarthy by some thugs. I have not aware of any such rubbish happening in the GAA before and it blackens all of us. I hope Cork and their thugs of supporters get hockeyed out the gate in any match, football or hurling, they take to the field this year. I would wholly endorse Budweisers suggestion to ban them from all competitions, at least for this year. This is the GAA, not some LOI thugfest (fully expect to see Dublinfella wading in tomorrow). An utterly shameful episode for all involved.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

EddieMerx

Quote from: Reillers on March 10, 2009, 10:46:06 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on March 10, 2009, 10:42:16 PM
How did he make his bed   he was offered the job and he took it  you need to be looking at the CCB  which is where you should have been looking in the first place

He knew when he took it the second time that this would happen. He stayed in the job during all of this and refused to step aside, he knew that this was a very real possibility yet he stayed in the job, like I said, he made his bed.

How you can condone what happened is crazy! Criminal acts were committed

tyronefan

maybe you can use that excuse for the first time  but are you saying that the clubs kept sending the delegates up to the meeting to vote against the clubs wishes   are they really that stupid

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 10, 2009, 10:49:38 PM
How did he make his bed   he was offered the job and he took it  you need to be looking at the CCB  which is where you should have been looking in the first place

He knew when he took it the second time that this would happen. He stayed in the job during all of this and refused to step aside, he knew that this was a very real possibility yet he stayed in the job, like I said, he made his bed.
[/b]

Totally unrepentant - I think you're really enjoying tonight Reillers - great result for you isn't it ? Credit where it's due Reillers, you didn't take it lying down !

He knew full well what could happen. Does that mean I think he deserved the abuse he got, absolutely not. ANd I'm not explaining myself to you again OM. You take everything I say completley out of context and this is case and point.

No one enjoyed this, for the 100th time, he was a pawn and he was always going to get shafted in the end. He was always going to get hurt, don't think for a second that I enjoy a legend of a player going out like this. He didn't deserve it.
If you don't get that OM I really can't see any point in replying to any more of your posts because all you do is nit pick and twist my words, disgracefully in some cases, asking thing that you had not right to ask.

Reillers

Quote from: EddieMerx on March 10, 2009, 10:51:31 PM

It is, and I'm not, but he would have seen it coming.

tyronefan

are you trying to say this was all ger mccarthys fault

INDIANA

All I can say is that anyone who plays Cork in my lifetime has an extra fan. I'll take the monday off work to go on a session when they are beaten this year. You can feel free to join me because the drinks will be on me. How it was let get to this stage by the parties involved is beyond belief. And then for people in their own warped mind to justify it. Paidi got it wrong the roughest shower of f****** animals live next door to kerry.

bingobus

Quote from: Reillers on March 10, 2009, 10:54:37 PM

How could anyone expect to get abused or your family abused over a GAA matter? Is that the way things are sorted out in cork? Is that how FM dealt with the club delegates?

realrebel

reillers are you saying he knew he would get death threats when he took the job

orangeman

[/b]

So it's alright then - no problem - everytime you say that, you try to excuse what has happened here to a man who has given a lifetime of service to Crok GAA -  Disgraceful.

bingobus

Quote from: INDIANA on March 10, 2009, 10:56:40 PM
All I can say is that anyone who plays Cork in my lifetime has an extra fan. I'll take the monday off work to go on a session when they are beaten this year. You can feel free to join me because the drinks will be on me. How it was let get to this stage by the parties involved is beyond belief. And then for people in their own warped mind to justify it. Paidi got it wrong the roughest shower of f****** animals live next door to kerry.

The GAA as well should never have let it get this far. I hope they take some action against any parties they can identify as acting out of order in this sorry episode. I also hope that Ger can point out whoever made the threats and that they are banned for life from all GAA activities.

Cork play Monaghan this year in the NFL, I might just go to that game  ;)

EddieMerx

Perhaps a march should be organised where the rest of the honest GAA fans of the country demand Cork removed from the Championship. I know I won't attend any GAA game as I will not hand good money over to an organisation which lets these things happen with no consequences.

RedandGreenSniper

Reillers he might have expected a certain amount of negative feedback but to say he made his bed and that death threats were inevitable, ffs will you catch a grip man. Very disappointing comments.

I really do feel sorry for Gerald McCarthy, more than anyone else involved in this dispute. His name has been dragged through the mud and while he did err in going back to manage the team for a third year after a relatively unsuccessful initial two years, no way did he deserve what he had to endure. To think a legend of the game will be remembered for this debacle is truly sad.

I'm finding it very difficult to have anything good to say about anyone else involved in the saga at the minute. The players ruthlessness, the county board's greed and ineptitude and the clubs standing back for so long and not taking ownership of the mess. They're welcome to each other.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Bud Wiser

QuoteOh I forgot everyone who has anything good to say about the players all have a hidden agenda..
Translation:  Anyone that says anything in support of democratic principles that have been part of the GAA since its foundation 125 years ago is wrong because times are changing but not quick enough for Cork and if  people think the boys who brought a whole new meaning to "The Model County" are going to loose out on commercial enterprise for self gain they are wrong - and have a hidden agenda.  

QuoteThe man did suffer but he made his bed and up till recently it was the players getting all the abuse
He and his family got what they deserved ( it was only a minority that made the threats but it seems to have worked)

Reillers, for years I have tried to understand why they shot Michael Collins and I often wondered why, despite all the skirmishes he went through, after all of that, he got it in the back of the head in Beal Na Blath from one of his own.  I read the books, saw the film and still couldn't understand why, of all places in Cork.  I think I'm beginning to get the drift.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"