McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

I have said many times on this thread that the GAA HQ should suspend the whole lot of them.  The GAA must now decide whether it is right or wrong to remove a manager by physical threats to his wife and family and they must do the right thing.  There needs to be a complete cooling off period anyway so a two year ban for Cork Senior Hurling at inter-county level should be the content of a letter from Mr Nicky tomorrow morning.  Cork GAA, regardless of who is right or who is wrong are an absolute disgrace to the association, all of them, 2008 panel and supporters.  How far more into disrepute can you drag the GAA more than having the main evening news reporting that Mr McCarthy's wife and his gfamily were threathened with physical violence??   It is not Adidas stripes these boys should be wearing but prison stripes.  I hope o2 and Adidas are proud of what they are sponsoring now.

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

EddieMerx

Quote from: Bud Wiser on March 10, 2009, 10:24:35 PM
I have said many times on this thread that the GAA HQ should suspend the whole lot of them.  The GAA must now decide whether it is right or wrong to remove a manager by physical threats to his wife and family and they must do the right thing.  There needs to be a complete cooling off period anyway so a two year ban for Cork Senior Hurling at inter-county level should be the content of a letter from Mr Nicky tomorrow morning.  Cork GAA, regardless of who is right or who is wrong are an absolute disgrace to the association, all of them, 2008 panel and supporters.  How far more into disrepute can you drag the GAA more than having the main evening news reporting that Mr McCarthy's wife and his gfamily were threathened with physical violence??   It is not Adidas stripes these boys should be wearing but prison stripes.  I hope o2 and Adidas are proud of what they are sponsoring now.

+1

Reillers

Quote from: bingobus on March 10, 2009, 10:14:39 PM
Jaysus Reillers does a letter to a paper make everything alright. Are they the only IC players in Ireland who go out on limp to help other counties/clubs/schools etc. Take you head out of their ass and look at the bigger picture.

The first 2008 player that comes out and talks about Ger McCarthy about been a great Cork man/hurler etc should be slapped around the county. The man has suffered no end in this by the "grassroots" that have been mobilised against him by the 2008. If you think it was the clubs that moved McCarthy you are very sadly mistaken. No doubt the 2008 squad are packing their new adidas kit bags with their new adidas training kit, lifting their lynx spray and Club energise into their sponsored cars, as they ring the wife on their free O2 phone to ask the wife to check their Halifax mortgage statement is in order and then head to meet Ger as the new manager.

I seriously hope that the clubs follow through with their motions et al and that they remove the entire CB include Jerry O'Sullivan. It has to be a complete clean slate. JOS was the chairman of the CB when this happened, therefore the buck stops at him and like any chairman he must take full responsibility. FM should also step aside and let someone else take his role.

Oh I forgot everyone who has anything good to say about the players all have a hidden agenda.
The man did suffer but he made his bed and up till recently it was the players getting all the abuse.

INDIANA

It's regretable that he has been got up in the middle of this, but at the end of the day he made his bed..

Thats a disgraceful comment . that man received death threats that have been reported to the Gardai. And you claim he made his bed, hang your head in shame you clown. This has gone beyond sport. Never in my life regardless of what anyone might have done in relation to Dublin Gaa would I justify threats being made to somebody or such seriousness that they had to be reported to the Gardai. An unhealthy obsession i think its called.
Reillers you're a joke.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on March 10, 2009, 10:30:13 PM
Jaysus Reillers does a letter to a paper make everything alright. Are they the only IC players in Ireland who go out on limp to help other counties/clubs/schools etc. Take you head out of their ass and look at the bigger picture.

The first 2008 player that comes out and talks about Ger McCarthy about been a great Cork man/hurler etc should be slapped around the county. The man has suffered no end in this by the "grassroots" that have been mobilised against him by the 2008. If you think it was the clubs that moved McCarthy you are very sadly mistaken. No doubt the 2008 squad are packing their new adidas kit bags with their new adidas training kit, lifting their lynx spray and Club energise into their sponsored cars, as they ring the wife on their free O2 phone to ask the wife to check their Halifax mortgage statement is in order and then head to meet Ger as the new manager.

I seriously hope that the clubs follow through with their motions et al and that they remove the entire CB include Jerry O'Sullivan. It has to be a complete clean slate. JOS was the chairman of the CB when this happened, therefore the buck stops at him and like any chairman he must take full responsibility. FM should also step aside and let someone else take his role.

Oh I forgot everyone who has anything good to say about the players all have a hidden agenda.
The man did suffer but he made his bed and up till recently it was the players getting all the abuse.
[/b]

So he took a stand,he made his bed as you describe it, and the players were getting stick, so Gerald deserved a bit of stick back - good enough, he deserved the abuse he got. Don't take it lying down - you were right.

orangeman

Every single time, Reillers has come out with this shitty line about Gerald having made his bed and therefroe he'd have to lie in so Gerald deserves all he gets !!!!!!!

Absolutely pathetic. 

Zulu

QuoteZulu - the public in Cork were full sqaure behind Mc Carthy up until 6 weeks ago. FACT - I refer to Vincent Hogan's article ( who is a supporter of the 2008 panel by the way ).

That's not a fact nor next nor near one even if you put it in capital letters OM, you tried to say the same thing much earlier on in this debate and were pulled for it. The Cork public were at best divided on this all along but now they are behind the players in a big way, I'm sure some of them are backing the players simply because they want the best team out on the pitch but that is an attitude the CB should have taken from the start. IMO any threats or verbal abuse that Gerald or the 09 panel suffered is bang out of order but he shouldn't have been reappointed, he was, only to antagonise the players and as a result this is what we have got.

Once again though there are posters trying to sully the democraticaly expressed views of the Cork clubs, 'it's mob rule', they were blackmailed into voting this way' etc. etc. well I'm sure there were a multitude of reasons that Cork GAA grassroots members voted the way they did but that is irrelevant. all that is relevant is the result - support for the posters to now bitch about the opinion of the very men and women that ye were trying to portray as the foundation of the GAA is quite patethic. You don't agree with it, fair enough but be mature enough to accept it and move on.

bingobus

What an absolute joke of a comment, by accepting a position as Manager of a county he represented with honour to a level that maybe only Christy Ring has surpassed, he is rightly abused in public, his family abused with physical violence to such an extent that his 80 old dad who has just lost his wife, pleaded with him to step aside. I only wish he had stepped aside earlier to save him from what has happened. Will he ever be able to stand in GAA field again with so called Cork supporters. Absolute mess you are.

Are ye happy how you's have your peice of meat?

Where did I say anyone has a hidden agenda?

tyronefan

How did he make his bed   he was offered the job and he took it  you need to be looking at the CCB  which is where you should have been looking in the first place

theskull1

Boys you've taken Reillers comments out of context....the scumbags would have done the same thing as yourselves

.....the DUP used to be taken out of context as well years gone by......but they had nothing to to feel guilty about either
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Reillers

Quote from: tyronefan on March 10, 2009, 10:42:16 PM
How did he make his bed   he was offered the job and he took it  you need to be looking at the CCB  which is where you should have been looking in the first place

He knew when he took it the second time that this would happen. He stayed in the job during all of this and refused to step aside, he knew that this was a very real possibility yet he stayed in the job, like I said, he made his bed.

INDIANA

Quote from: Reillers on March 10, 2009, 10:46:06 PM

He knew when he took it the second time that this would happen. He stayed in the job during all of this and refused to step aside, he knew that this was a very real possibility yet he stayed in the job, like I said, he made his bed.

Youre a disgrace Reillers to the association, and to this messageboard and I think your comments shoudl be deleted by the moderators.

tyronefan

the 2008 panal wanted him out   up until a few weeks ago the ccb and the clubs wanted him in the job  they voted for him 3 times ffs

Reillers

Quote from: bingobus on March 10, 2009, 10:39:49 PM

What an absolute joke of a comment, by accepting a position as Manager of a county he represented with honour to a level that maybe only Christy Ring has surpassed, he is rightly abused in public, his family abused with physical violence to such an extent that his 80 old dad who has just lost his wife, pleaded with him to step aside. I only wish he had stepped aside earlier to save him from what has happened. Will he ever be able to stand in GAA field again with so called Cork supporters. Absolute mess you are.

Are ye happy how you's have your peice of meat?

Where did I say anyone has a hidden agenda?

He made his bed (I just said why.)
He knew what could happen. He knew what could in reality happen, and that's what I mean when I said he made his bed.
He did represent the county with brilliance and honour. And there is absolutely no way on earth he deserved the abuse he got.
Posted the wrong bit in the wrong post sorry..will delete it.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on March 10, 2009, 10:46:06 PM

[/b]

Totally unrepentant - I think you're really enjoying tonight Reillers - great result for you isn't it ? Credit where it's due Reillers, you didn't take it lying down !