McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

Easy enough for you to flag it up for me so. Its a ridiculous concept and one you'd do well to credibly justify.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on February 22, 2009, 02:30:03 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 22, 2009, 01:50:30 PM
Quote from: dublinese on February 22, 2009, 11:53:32 AM
Quote from: Reillers on February 21, 2009, 12:35:58 PM

And Dublin was poor game, and Dublin themselves aren't that good, played a lot better against Galway and Galway without the so called new king of hurling and his older brother who's pretty handy to say the least, aren't the same team. Last time I checked when Cork played Galway Canning scored every single Galway point except one.
Obviously they are not going to be the same with out the so called golden child.

You wont find a Tipp fan who thinks they played well against Cork and you wont find a Galway fan, hell you wont find any fan, except you apparently, who doesn't think that a team without the Canning's are a shadow of a team.

And yet Cork still got trashed by both.

That is not an opinion, it's fact. Yet I'm childish for saying, feck off.

Last year's Cork panel played Dublin twice and only managed to beat us by five points on both occasions. Many would argue that they were lucky to beat us in the Championship game.

Now tell me who isn't very good. It's pathetic coming on here and using performances against Dublin to back up your argument when you don't take these into context.

Contrast this to the 2007 championship game where Cork beat us by a cricket score. Dublin are a county on the up and one day we will be better than Cork and its not because of internal rows or politics hampering your county. Sport goes in cycles, get over it

So if lets say if Derby drew with Man United twice in one season does that make them better then United? Maybe one day they'll be better then Man United as well. Give me a break.

You're so arrogant Reillers. At least Kilkenny and Cody have some dignity about them.  I for one will not shed a tear when Cork are in Div2 and the Christy Ring. I will probably open a bottle a bubbly and a hamlet cigar. No loss in my view. I couldn't care less who's at fault at this stage. Its a shocking endigtment that Israelis and Palestinians can sit down and call a truce and Cork Gaa can't. Disgraceful in my view and nothing to be proud of. Yet the parties down there use it as some sort of a badge of honour.

SO what do you want me to say, Dublin are better then Cork.
COme off it.
The point I was trying to make is just because a team that get blown away in Leinster, just because they almost (5 plus points last season) drawing/winning against a team that are 90% of the time AI contenders means they're better then them?
And you think that ye get any respect from KK. Well ok then.

And I really don't care what you think of Cork hurling. Especially when you clearly don't understand the situation and you don't try to understand it either, you just come on here to whinge, I wont loose any sleep over it.

INDIANA

Don't worry Reillers I'll save a glass for you. Or I'll swiftpost a bottle down.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on February 22, 2009, 03:49:32 PM
Don't worry Reillers I'll save a glass for you. Or I'll swiftpost a bottle down.
I'll be looking forward to it. Lol.
Look I'm not saying Dublin are shite, I'm just saying Cork are better that's all.

INDIANA

Quote from: The GAA on February 22, 2009, 03:08:57 PM

Easy enough for you to flag it up for me so. Its a ridiculous concept and one you'd do well to credibly justify.

Not as half as ridiculous as some of your (ahem) arguments.

The GAA

Avoiding answering the question then.

You can see where the answer will lead you.

Quote from: INDIANA on February 22, 2009, 03:58:02 PM

I'll indulge you... here's your big chance... post one argument i've made that you feel is "ridiculous"

dowling

Quote from: The GAA on February 22, 2009, 05:38:20 PM

I'll indulge you... here's your big chance... post one argument i've made that you feel is "ridiculous"
[/quote

At last GAA you're showing a sense of humour.

dowling

So no take or defence of Canty's step into the situ at this time? 

RedandGreenSniper

There's a Prime Time Special on the Cork saga on Tuesday night. The whole country is about to burst at the seams, the banks are fucked, the government is close to meltdown and this is the focus of a Prime Time special, f**king joke!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

The GAA

Quote from: The GAA on February 22, 2009, 05:38:20 PM

Thought not

orangeman

Roving reporter Aoife Kavanagh reports an attendance of 300 + at tonight's meeting, a sign she says of growing support for the strikers.

Tuesday night's CB meeting will be interesting.

Interestingly, it was confirmed by a players representative that some of the players HAD in fact considered favourably the idea of replacing Mc Carthy's selectors whilst keeping Mc Carthy as manager.

orangeman

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 22, 2009, 08:05:07 PM
There's a Prime Time Special on the Cork saga on Tuesday night. The whole country is about to burst at the seams, the banks are fucked, the government is close to meltdown and this is the focus of a Prime Time special, f**king joke!
[/b]

It's a proper scandal alright.

Sure they can't even sit in the same room together.

Good piece by Marty Morrissey on player power right now on RTE.

Reillers

According to my contact there was a massive crowd, up to 400 they said. Wasn't sure if they were exagerating or not. Apparently not seeing as they said more then 300 so only a good sign.

orangeman

The strikers have asked the clubs to propose a motion of no confidence in Gerald Mc Carthy.   :D :D :D :D

There has already been a vote of confidence taken in him a ago.

Colm O'Rourke says that Gerald, Frank and some players will have to go on order to resolve this - he doesn't specify the number of players.

Zulu

Quote from: orangeman on February 22, 2009, 08:46:36 PM
Roving reporter Aoife Kavanagh reports an attendance of 300 + at tonight's meeting, a sign she says of growing support for the strikers.

Tuesday night's CB meeting will be interesting.

Interestingly, it was confirmed by a players representative that some of the players HAD in fact considered favourably the idea of replacing Mc Carthy's selectors whilst keeping Mc Carthy as manager.

Where did you hear this? As far as I know the players came out and categorically denied the ever said this.