McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

What are you on about. No, nothing was ok. They put their differences aside during the season. That's it.

orangeman

Did the players not surround Mc Carthy and slap him on the back after win in Thurles ??? Did the players not run over and lift him up and celebrate their victory together ? YES or NO ??

Reillers

Ya. And your point is..

Roy Keane shook hands with McCarthy after a match, I'm sure he even patted him on the back as well..that most mean that they were bestest best fwiends.  ::) ::)

orangeman

Right so - my point is that the players were happy with Gerald until thwy ran into one of the best teams of all time - the Cats - then they decided it was Gerald's fault.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 23, 2008, 12:31:57 AM
Right so - my point is that the players were happy with Gerald until thwy ran into one of the best teams of all time - the Cats - then they decided it was Gerald's fault.

NO they were unhappy with him before hand, afterwards as well. Celebrating a win with the manager doesn't mean they were happy. Clearly the evidence shows that. It's been well documented from the start that the players were unhappy with him. You say you've no problem with the players and no bias at all..please, look at what you are doing.

They were NEVER happy with him, they were going to pull for that McCarthy be gotten rid of as well in the 2006 strike with the footballers but they decided to leave him finish his 2 years, that it's only fair and that they all thought, like we all did that there was no way in hell that he'd get offered the job again..but..here we are.

They were never happy with him, ever, shaking his head afterwards doesn't mean anything, you are just nitpicking.

Reillers

Oh and just got wind of this..I said there would be movement, I didn't think it would be till after Christmas but apparently some of it is just about to happen. If you believe the rumours the footballers are apparently going to come in behind the hurlers and back them. Apparently they're refusing to go to a medal ceremony to recieve their Munster final medals because of the "disgraceful treatment of the hurlers by the CCB" Apparently they will come out in sympathy with the players if it's not sorted before the League.

FFS.

The CCB need to sort this now, they caused it. It's their mess and they need to fix it.

All I want for Christmas is..a new CB.

Since 2002-2008.

Players have come on gone..but in total you've had, with all the strikes, with the footballers and hurlers, with their squads added together, and the hurlers who aren't on the squad, the young lads who are refusing to play, you've got, what, about 200 plus people all together, more I'd say, who've gone on strike. Not the same 15 over and over again. Most of these 15 were kids in 2002 and didn't lead it and weren't behind it. When you look at all the players that have come and gone over the last 6 years on both sides, that's a hell of a lot to rebel. But what's the common denomenator in all of this..the CB. They have cause more then 200 people to go on strike on a few occasions..that has to tell you something.

Tatler Jack

QuotePlayers have come on gone..but in total you've had, with all the strikes, with the footballers and hurlers, with their squads added together, and the hurlers who aren't on the squad, the young lads who are refusing to play, you've got, what, about 200 plus people all together, more I'd say, who've gone on strike. Not the same 15 over and over again. Most of these 15 were kids in 2002 and didn't lead it and weren't behind it. When you look at all the players that have come and gone over the last 6 years on both sides, that's a hell of a lot to rebel. But what's the common denomenator in all of this..the CB

There have been changes also at CB level during this period Reillers. And there are a few constants also on both sides notably Frank and Donal Og. Both are strong willed individuals that like total victory.

While agreeing that action is needed I am not sure what the CB can do if the players continue to refuse to meet with them. It seems the players want Ger Mac to resign before any meeting can take place - one would think that the meeting should come first and that the issue to discuss would be Ger Mac's position.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on December 23, 2008, 01:52:43 AM
the footballers are apparently going to come in behind the hurlers and back them. Apparently they're refusing to go to a medal ceremony to recieve their Munster final medals because of the "disgraceful treatment of the hurlers by the CCB"

Have you a source for that quote?

cicfada

Again I ask what are the players willing to compromise on?? Will they even compromise on meeting the co board instead of stonewalling even? FFS how can a solution be found if they won't come to meet  the board?  As for the footballers not accepting the medals, tis a small gesture indeed the only gesture that will solidly show their solidarity with the hurlers is to strike themselves and we all know that is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

Reillers

Quote from: Tatler Jack on December 23, 2008, 07:45:52 AM
QuotePlayers have come on gone..but in total you've had, with all the strikes, with the footballers and hurlers, with their squads added together, and the hurlers who aren't on the squad, the young lads who are refusing to play, you've got, what, about 200 plus people all together, more I'd say, who've gone on strike. Not the same 15 over and over again. Most of these 15 were kids in 2002 and didn't lead it and weren't behind it. When you look at all the players that have come and gone over the last 6 years on both sides, that's a hell of a lot to rebel. But what's the common denomenator in all of this..the CB

There have been changes also at CB level during this period Reillers. And there are a few constants also on both sides notably Frank and Donal Og. Both are strong willed individuals that like total victory.

While agreeing that action is needed I am not sure what the CB can do if the players continue to refuse to meet with them. It seems the players want Ger Mac to resign before any meeting can take place - one would think that the meeting should come first and that the issue to discuss would be Ger Mac's position.

Donal Og was only a young lad in 2002, the footballers took up strike in 2006, that had nothing to do with him, the hurlers eventually went out on strike in sympathy, Donal Og is not at the head of this, you can't blame him for everything. The reality is that the common donominator in ALL of this has been Frank Murphy..and those incidents are just from this decade.
I haven't even started on the ones in the past 20 years.

The players refuse to meet with them..it's their own fault, the CB have brought this on themselves and they know it. And there's no point at all for the players meeting because what they want isn't going to be given to them, the Cb wont make comprimises, at the end of the day what's a meeting going to do cause they're not going to fire Gerald.

I get what you're saying but what's the point..??

Reillers

Quote from: cicfada on December 23, 2008, 09:25:54 AM
Again I ask what are the players willing to compromise on?? Will they even compromise on meeting the co board instead of stonewalling even? FFS how can a solution be found if they won't come to meet  the board?  As for the footballers not accepting the medals, tis a small gesture indeed the only gesture that will solidly show their solidarity with the hurlers is to strike themselves and we all know that is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

Did you not just read what I just said the footballers (apparently and this source is rarely wrong) are going to come out on strike if nothing happens after Christmas.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on December 23, 2008, 09:17:44 AM
the footballers are apparently going to come in behind the hurlers and back them. Apparently they're refusing to go to a medal ceremony to recieve their Munster final medals because of the "disgraceful treatment of the hurlers by the CCB"

Addmitidly I got the quote from Rebel GAA, but I've heard at least 4 seperate occasions that the footballers are going to join the hurlers.

Tatler Jack

QuoteDonal Og was only a young lad in 2002, the footballers took up strike in 2006, that had nothing to do with him, the hurlers eventually went out on strike in sympathy, Donal Og is not at the head of this, you can't blame him for everything

Reillers Donal Og was 23 or 24 in 2002 and has been a significant figure in all of the various issues since 2002. So please do not be disingenious and pretend that he is not. I am not blaming him I am pointing out that he is a constant in this equation in the ame way as FM is on the CB side. Donal Og is very strong willed and strong in his beliefs and very much a leader among the players. While admired by many there are also many GAA people in Cork who feel that his confrontational style has not helped and rightly or woringly his close association with the GPA and his stated view that long term the GPA is about pay for play has not helped.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on December 23, 2008, 09:45:58 AM
Quote from: heffo on December 23, 2008, 09:17:44 AM

Addmitidly I got the quote from Rebel GAA, but I've heard at least 4 seperate occasions that the footballers are going to join the hurlers.

Will you edit your post or put a disclaimer on it then that you're making the quote up as it's giving the impression that it's a direct quote from the football panel or from a press release..

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on December 23, 2008, 09:42:38 AM
Quote from: Tatler Jack on December 23, 2008, 07:45:52 AM

The players refuse to meet with them..it's their own fault, the CB have brought this on themselves and they know it. And there's no point at all for the players meeting because what they want isn't going to be given to them, the Cb wont make comprimises, at the end of the day what's a meeting going to do cause they're not going to fire Gerald.

I'm completely confused Reillers.

You were 100% insistent that the 2008 panel had walked away and effectively retired - you were 100% adamant that they were not on strike.

Now you're not only saying that they're effectively on strike, but that they have no interest in meeting with the other party to resolve the dispute and that they're going to allow the footballers to join them. I'm pretty sure that Conor Counihan is on the record as saying that he'll walk away if the footballers go on strike..