West Belfast GAA Club to facilitate function for INLA Killer

Started by Minder, October 22, 2008, 01:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Minder

In fairness to 5Ive Times i agree with some of what he is saying,if someone in the IRA had killed Wright there wouldnt be a commemoration night in a club for him,the club would be named after him.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Zapatista

Quote from: Minder on October 25, 2008, 04:16:53 PM
In fairness to 5Ive Times i agree with some of what he is saying,if someone in the IRA had killed Wright there wouldnt be a commemoration night in a club for him,the club would be named after him.

Depends who that someone was. They wouldn't call it the Sean O'Callaghan GAA club but the might call it the Bobby Sands GAA club.

Bogball XV

Maybe, but not someone in the IRA who had killed an innocent member of a neighbouring gaa club.

Tonto

Quote from: Bogball XV on October 25, 2008, 09:16:04 PM
Maybe, but not someone in the IRA who had killed an innocent member of a neighbouring gaa club.
Aye, I agree. It would only have happened if that IRA member had killed an innocent Protestant.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Hurler on the Bitch

Excuse me if I am reporting old news .. new grafitti near St Pauls... "St Poots GAC - Shame on you!"

Bogball XV

Quote from: Tonto on October 25, 2008, 09:56:15 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on October 25, 2008, 09:16:04 PM
Aye, I agree. It would only have happened if that IRA member had killed an innocent Protestant.
I would say that's unlikely Tonto.

Zapatista

I'm calling you a liar. Now either remain being called a liar or back up your statement.

Tonto

Quote from: Zapatista on October 25, 2008, 10:30:55 PM

I'm calling you a liar. Now either remain being called a liar or back up your statement.
How do you expect me to prove the hypothetical situation where if an IRA man who had been sent to jail for killing an innocent Protestant then killed Billy Wright in jail would have had a GAA club named after him?

IMO it probably would have happened.  Or a youth tournament at the very least.

pintsofguinness

when do you think you boys will get rid of this paranoia?

Tonto

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 25, 2008, 11:34:53 PM
when do you think you boys will get rid of this paranoia?
When the GAA rid themselves of their sectarian baggage. ;)

pintsofguinness

Yeah you see that's what I'm talking about.  When do you think unionists are going to stop moping - well,when do you think they are going to face up to what they've done in the past and stop moping in an attempt to distract attetnion from it?

Zapatista

Quote from: Tonto on October 25, 2008, 11:29:22 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on October 25, 2008, 10:30:55 PM

How do you expect me to prove the hypothetical situation where if an IRA man who had been sent to jail for killing an innocent Protestant then killed Billy Wright in jail would have had a GAA club named after him?

IMO it probably would have happened.  Or a youth tournament at the very least.

You sir, are a liar.

Tonto

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 25, 2008, 11:41:31 PM
Yeah you see that's what I'm talking about.  When do you think unionists are going to stop moping - well,when do you think they are going to face up to what they've done in the past and stop moping in an attempt to distract attetnion from it?
I'm not sure what you are getting at?  Is the implication of your post that the IRA were justified in what they did and therefore that the GAA are justified in naming clubs/cups/grounds/whatever after convicted terrorists?

PS Zapatista, I believe your post breaks rule number 1. I will, however, ignore it for now.