West Belfast GAA Club to facilitate function for INLA Killer

Started by Minder, October 22, 2008, 01:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: Yes I Would on October 23, 2008, 10:46:36 PM

The murder of Wright is what he will be remembered for by most, an act which many nationalists welcomed.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm there'll be plenty of nationalists who wouldn't agree with your wording there YIW but I think there would be no one who would feel the world isn't a better place. To say they welcomed the act is over egging it
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Yes I Would

In South Armagh, Mid Armagh or anywhere in Midulster i would be surprised if most nationalists didnt feel a sigh of relief when the news broke at that time.
I know i certainly did as did most peole i know, many who would not consider themselves militaristic republicans.

Doogie Browser

The death of Billy Wright was the only time I was not sad to hear of someones death.  The only thing that upset me about it was the innocent poor victims of the following 7/10 days who were killed in so called 'revenge', good people who did so much for their communities like Terry Enright jr RIP.

Tony Baloney

I don't think many shed a tear after his departure. Except maybe his mate Rev. Willie McCrae. I think most people knew there would be a price to pay but it was a heavy sacrifice for a lot of families. Was it Space in the city centre that Terry Enright was working in?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 23, 2008, 11:48:19 PM
I don't think many shed a tear after his departure. Except maybe his mate Rev. Willie McCrae. I think most people knew there would be a price to pay but it was a heavy sacrifice for a lot of families. Was it Space in the city centre that Terry Enright was working in?
I think it was, his father has since and I am sure before done so much for kids from all over Ireland, think he established a charitable foundation in his memory.  He also does tours of black mountain during the Feile and maybe all year round. 

ziggysego

I smiled a little. Never did that before and haven't done it since. Wright was bad news.
Testing Accessibility

PadraicHenryPearse

maybe this was answered already - How did Poots find out about the event before the club?

PHP

lynchbhoy

of course a club member would have to have booked it, sure people cant just walk in off the street and accept a booking for a function !

as for the killing of wright, that was an example of how collusion worked the 'other way' - with the security forces knowing about the plot to kill wright in advance and had taken measures to remove a couple of normally 24x7 guard positions away from two areas at the time allowing the fellas to get out of their secured area and over to the visitors area.
You had to have helicopters to do that in years previous.
So as per usual the establishment indulged in collusion - this time with the republican side because it suited them (and helped cover up a whole lot more collusion with the death of wright in case he squealed on his former handlers).

Donagh

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 24, 2008, 08:28:49 AM
of course a club member would have to have booked it, sure people cant just walk in off the street and accept a booking for a function !

as for the killing of wright, that was an example of how collusion worked the 'other way' - with the security forces knowing about the plot to kill wright in advance and had taken measures to remove a couple of normally 24x7 guard positions away from two areas at the time allowing the fellas to get out of their secured area and over to the visitors area.
You had to have helicopters to do that in years previous.
So as per usual the establishment indulged in collusion - this time with the republican side because it suited them (and helped cover up a whole lot more collusion with the death of wright in case he squealed on his former handlers).

Have always thought the Wright killing was a bit of internal house-keeping by the Brits. On the one hand he was a loose cannon that had to be taken care off if the ceasefires were to succeed. On the other hand Jackson and him had been colluding with various arms of the Brit 'security forces' and unionist politicians for over twenty years and as such knew too much. 

EC Unique

There were two sad things about Wrights killing.... The people who were murdered in revenge killings and the fact that it was over quickly for him. I would have prefered a slow, painfull death for the sc**bag >:(

Doogie Browser

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on October 24, 2008, 05:43:36 AM
maybe this was answered already - How did Poots find out about the event before the club?

PHP

I have heard on the grapevine that the BBC were approached by someone who heard about this from outside of the St Pauls club, they in turn approached Pootsie for a statement and as expected create a brouhaha

5iveTimes

Quote from: ziggysego on October 24, 2008, 01:38:31 AM
I smiled a little. Never did that before and haven't done it since. Wright was bad news.

I think that is how most people felt Ziggy. Wright got no more than he deserved, in fact he should have got it sooner but the Provo`s weren`t up to the job.
I am not going to comment on what Christopher McWilliams originally went to Jail for, there has been enough said on that already, both here on the GAA Board and in the community as a whole. What I am going to say is that Crip achieved something that the IRA couldn`t do. He murdered the so called King Rat, who had murdered so many innocent Catholics and Nationalists. Wright never took on anyone who would fight back, any lunatic with a gun can go out and kill teenagers standing at a mobile shop or innocent people courting in a country carpark. Wright had to go, and fair play to McWilliams for doing it, better men than Crip tried to get Wright and failed. Idiots like Donagh can say it was internal house keeping by the Brits, but thats a bit rich coming from a mouth piece for an organisation that are being paid handsomely to implement British rule in the Six Counties. If the British had wanted one of their agents to get Wright, they could have sent Freddie Scappaticci along to do it, after all he had killed plenty of people with the full consent of his British paymasters before. Then again Scap only killed Catholics, a bit like Wright I suppose.
If Crip McWilliams had been a member of the Provisional IRA the Wolfe Tones would have written a ballad about him and there would be street named after him in West Belfast. Adams and McGuinness would have carried his coffin (maybe as representatives of the British Goverment) at his funeral and he would be a hero instead being remembered for killing a doorman.
Now lets get back to the issue at hand here. Wether or not a West Belfast GAA Club should have held a function for the late Christopher McWilliams. I as a GAA man wouldnt want to see the GAA associated with anything that would bring that organistaion into disrepute. Too many people, usually Unionist politicians look for a political stick to beat the GAA with and this was a great chance for all and sundry to jump on the anti GAA bandwagon again. Wasnt Wrights gang responsible for the death of Sean Brown in Bellaghy? Where were those same politicans when these murders were taking place? I think it can safely be said that the vast majority of us here on the GAA Board like to keep sport and politics seperate.
So why then has the GAA Board been used to promote an event at a GAA club in South Armagh IRA man who was killed in a car crash in Newry.  An event which took place at Dromintee GAA club on Saturday the 18th of October. 1 week ago and not one word of condemnation from any politican or indeed the self righteous on the GAA Board.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=9529.0
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=4206.msg390207#msg390207
http://www.sultsolutions.com/gfm/

Now I`ll give those of you who dont know a bit of background to this. Gerald Fearon, was killed in a road car accident on the Dublin Road in Newry 2 years ago. He was killed by a young tear-away in a £50 car. He had no insurance, no licence nothing. In fact I think he was only 15 or 16 years old at the time off the accident. He subsequently received a prison sentence which was far far too lenient.
Shortly after this tragic death, the IRA announced that Gerald Fearon was one of their volunteers. Dont take my word for it though, if you google Gerald Fearon IRA Dromintee you will get the official Sinn Fein version from An Phoblacht. The IRA then used this tragic accident as an excuse to go on the offensive against young tear aways in Newry and South Armagh, but they didnt do anything against the little sc**bag who killed two innocent people on the Dublin Rd. Why? Well that little sc**bag was a member of a prominent Republican family from Camlough, in fact his uncle was the Sinn Fein Mayor of Newry & Mourne District Council.

So while Edwin Poots and the rest of the Unionist Parties are getting a dig in at the GAA for even thinking about holding an event for Crip McWilliams, Sinn Fein/IRA are happily using a GAA club to raise money for a dead IRA man who was killed by a teenage republican joyrider.  This would be fecking hilarious if it wasnt true. Now I am not saying anything about Gerald Fearon or his family, I don`t know them, but he was a young man when he died. So young in fact that he would probably have been studying for his 11 plus when the IRA called its ceasfire in 1994. So he was
an IRA volunteer, who never seen active service and not one of the members of this board saw fit to condemn Dromintee GAA club for allowing such an event on its premises. Yet the ususal mouth pieces on this very same board were very quick to condemn Crip McWilliams and an a West Belfast Club who considered holding an event for him. In fact one idiot called for the board of that club to resign.
You couldn`t make this sh*t up.
There's not much wood left in the coffin now, its nearly all made of nails.

pintsofguinness

QuoteSinn Fein/IRA are happily using a GAA club to raise money for a dead IRA man who was killed by a teenage republican joyrider.  This would be fecking hilarious if it wasnt true.
How are Sinn Fein or the IRA involved in that? The club ran the event and the money raised was raised for chairty, the air ambulance.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteSo why then has the GAA Board been used to promote an event at a GAA club in South Armagh IRA man who was killed in a car crash in Newry.  An event which took place at Dromintee GAA club on Saturday the 18th of October. 1 week ago and not one word of condemnation from any politican or indeed the self righteous on the GAA Board.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=9529.0
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=4206.msg390207#msg390207
http://www.sultsolutions.com/gfm/

Now I`ll give those of you who dont know a bit of background to this. Gerald Fearon, was killed in a road car accident on the Dublin Road in Newry 2 years ago. He was killed by a young tear-away in a £50 car. He had no insurance, no licence nothing. In fact I think he was only 15 or 16 years old at the time off the accident. He subsequently received a prison sentence which was far far too lenient.
Shortly after this tragic death, the IRA announced that Gerald Fearon was one of their volunteers. Dont take my word for it though, if you google Gerald Fearon IRA Dromintee you will get the official Sinn Fein version from An Phoblacht. The IRA then used this tragic accident as an excuse to go on the offensive against young tear aways in Newry and South Armagh, but they didnt do anything against the little sc**bag who killed two innocent people on the Dublin Rd. Why? Well that little sc**bag was a member of a prominent Republican family from Camlough, in fact his uncle was the Sinn Fein Mayor of Newry & Mourne District Council.

5ivetimes, you really are beneath contempt.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

lynchbhoy

Quote from: 5iveTimes on October 25, 2008, 12:38:23 PM
. Wright never took on anyone who would fight back, any lunatic with a gun can go out and kill teenagers standing at a mobile shop or innocent people courting in a country carpark. Wright had to go, and fair play to McWilliams for doing it, better men than Crip tried to get Wright and failed. Idiots like Donagh can say it was internal house keeping by the Brits, but thats a bit rich coming from a mouth piece for an organisation that are being paid handsomely to implement British rule in the Six Counties. If the British had wanted one of their agents to get Wright, they could have sent Freddie Scappaticci along to do it, after all he had killed plenty of people with the full consent of his British paymasters before. Then again Scap only killed Catholics, a bit like Wright I suppose.
If Crip McWilliams had been a member of the Provisional IRA the Wolfe Tones would have written a ballad about him and there would be street named after him in West Belfast. Adams and McGuinness would have carried his coffin (maybe as representatives of the British Goverment) at his funeral and he would be a hero instead being remembered for killing a doorman.
it was me that brought this up, and I wouldnt consider myself an idiot, and def have nothing to do with SF.

as for the rest of your inane rant
you need therapy or something serious to help yourself (electrodes /girlfriend ?)