West Belfast GAA Club to facilitate function for INLA Killer

Started by Minder, October 22, 2008, 01:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Evil Genius on October 23, 2008, 06:01:57 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on October 23, 2008, 11:13:10 AM
How can you agree with what stephenite has said when we all have no clue about the details of how this booking was taken.

We now know a little more:
"On Wednesday, former sports minister Edwin Poots of the DUP called on St Paul's to cancel the booking, which had been made by a club member."

Anyhow, if McWilliams had only murdered Wright, but not Mahon, would that make any difference to anyones views on whether this should have been allowed or not? Or if he had never been convicted of any murder (though was known to be an INLA member)?

If he was never convicted of anything then there would be no problem unless you want the GAA to act as a Court now as well. "Was known to be" doesn't really stand up too well when it comes to proof, does it?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donagh

The fact that the INLA allowed a criminal like McWilliams onto their wing in the first place tells us all we need to know about that organisation.

Hurler on the Bitch

He was originally - when he shot Mahon - a member of that fine upstanding band of intellectuals known as the IPLO...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Donagh on October 23, 2008, 07:43:17 PM
The fact that the INLA allowed a criminal like McWilliams onto their wing in the first place tells us all we need to know about that organisation.
As opposed to what Donagh? Those upstanding members of the community in the PIRA?! I thought it was a pre-requisite to be a criminal to join any of these organisations.

Donagh

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 23, 2008, 07:57:14 PM
As opposed to what Donagh? Those upstanding members of the community in the PIRA?! I thought it was a pre-requisite to be a criminal to join any of these organisations.

That didn't take long. Well done Tony, first prize  ::)

Tony Baloney

Always a pleasure. What's my prize, a years subscription to An Phoblacht?

Main Street

Donagh

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 23, 2008, 08:14:16 PM
Always a pleasure. What's my prize, a years subscription to An Phoblacht?

Nah now Fivetimes has gone you inherit the most predictable **** of the year award.

pintsofguinness

5ivetimes isnt gone, just posts under a different name.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tony Baloney

Donagh

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 23, 2008, 08:31:25 PM
You just keep teeing them up!

So then Tony perhaps before invoking the Gaaboard version of Godwins Law any further you would like to point out exactly what it is you disagree with in the two posts I made on this thread?

Minder

Mc Williams does not have any of the romanticism that some of the provies have, just because he wasnt in the PIRA. If he was in the PIRA when he whacked Wright there would be a mural of him on the Falls Rd.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Donagh

Quote from: Minder on October 23, 2008, 09:14:55 PM
Mc Williams does not have any of the romanticism that some of the provies have, just because he wasnt in the PIRA. If he was in the PIRA when he whacked Wright there would be a mural of him on the Falls Rd.

There's no "romanticism" about him because he murdered a lad because he threw him out of a club.

Minder

I saw him in a bar on the Falls Rd a few years ago and he was getting a grand old back slapping. Peculiar.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Yes I Would

He kept his head down in Newry in recent years, and he really didnt get much attention.  Night in the INF club recently and there was hardly a whimper over it.
A function in his honour in a West Belfast gaa club was crazy, as for many in that community his previous actions for the murder of that young innocent man remain quite raw.

The murder of Wright is what he will be remembered for by most, an act which many nationalists welcomed.