trileacman

Quote from: Thefisherking on April 08, 2012, 06:46:36 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on April 08, 2012, 10:11:38 AM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on April 07, 2012, 10:47:09 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 07, 2012, 10:42:06 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on April 07, 2012, 10:19:57 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on April 07, 2012, 06:47:17 PM
That O'Driscoll try was a thing of beauty

just finished watching after recording it - what a try !! Great team. dont rule them out,away in the semi, which will be tough, but is an All Irelnd Final on the cards ? Hopefully

Not for Derry

you wold never know  :D

sure if Ulster win the H Cup, and a 26 county team win the All Ireland, then we will all be happy (wont we ?)

I heard trimble is gonna line out beside Barry McGoldrick this year in the middle of the field for Coleraine!!! But only Saturday matches not Sunday!!

Right lads will Ulster cover the 7 point spread?
Bit of a narrow minded jibe at Andrew Trimble there, if the shoe was on the other foot and someone made a remark like that about a 'Catholic' sportsman there would be howls of protest. Anyway it demonstrates how little you know about the man and shows your own insecurities.

Quote from the indo on 26/01/2012 "Unlike Scotland's Euan Murray, who caused quite a flutter with his decision not to play for his country on the Sabbath, Trimble opts not to express his committed Christianity in that way.

Although he devoutly believes that his faith is vastly more important to his rugby career -- he often recites Psalm 84 to himself to re-assert his devotion to his God -- the two never meet."

Jesus it was just a throw-away comment, cut him some slack.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Rois

A friend of mine on Facebook put up a big sweeping post on the Ulster win, saying "Roy Keane, Terry Wogan, Cillian Murphy, Countess Markiewicz, Michael Collins, your lads took one hell of a beating".

Please tell me I was ok to pull him on the Markiewicz thing, that she's not Munster's first daughter or something?

He wasn't happy with me anyway but hasn't contradicted me.

Thefisherking

Quote from: trileacman on April 08, 2012, 08:45:37 PM

just finished watching after recording it - what a try !! Great team. dont rule them out,away in the semi, which will be tough, but is an All Irelnd Final on the cards ? Hopefully

Not for Derry

sure if Ulster win the H Cup, and a 26 county team win the All Ireland, then we will all be happy (wont we ?)

I heard trimble is gonna line out beside Barry McGoldrick this year in the middle of the field for Coleraine!!! But only Saturday matches not Sunday!!

Bit of a narrow minded jibe at Andrew Trimble there, if the shoe was on the other foot and someone made a remark like that about a 'Catholic' sportsman there would be howls of protest. Anyway it demonstrates how little you know about the man and shows your own insecurities.

Quote from the indo on 26/01/2012 "Unlike Scotland's Euan Murray, who caused quite a flutter with his decision not to play for his country on the Sabbath, Trimble opts not to express his committed Christianity in that way.

Although he devoutly believes that his faith is vastly more important to his rugby career -- he often recites Psalm 84 to himself to re-assert his devotion to his God -- the two never meet."

I don't buy the phrase 'throw away' comment. In itself its a 'throw away phrase' to excuse small mindedness and bad manners. Better to say I was wrong and move on. What had been a decent thread on rugby was tainted by a stupid comment which drew attention to a man's religious faith and how it obviously doesn't fit with playing Gaelic football for Coleraine. When you make excuses for this you legitimise it. We once made a big deal about the GAA being an organisation for all, careless words like these hand ammunition to our detractors.

Sorry if I've struck a raw nerve here or if it seems I over reacted. I just saw it as a crappy thing to say about a professional sportsman who wears an Irish jersey with pride.

muppet

Quote from: Rois on April 08, 2012, 09:39:11 PM
A friend of mine on Facebook put up a big sweeping post on the Ulster win, saying "Roy Keane, Terry Wogan, Cillian Murphy, Countess Markiewicz, Michael Collins, your lads took one hell of a beating".

Please tell me I was ok to pull him on the Markiewicz thing, that she's not Munster's first daughter or something?

He wasn't happy with me anyway but hasn't contradicted me.

Unless London or Sligo are now in Munster, he is way off.
MWWSI 2017

trileacman

Quote from: Thefisherking on April 08, 2012, 09:45:26 PM

Not for Derry

I don't buy the phrase 'throw away' comment. In itself its a 'throw away phrase' to excuse small mindedness and bad manners. Better to say I was wrong and move on. What had been a decent thread on rugby was tainted by a stupid comment which drew attention to a man's religious faith and how it obviously doesn't fit with playing Gaelic football for Coleraine. When you make excuses for this you legitimise it. We once made a big deal about the GAA being an organisation for all, careless words like these hand ammunition to our detractors.

Sorry if I've struck a raw nerve here or if it seems I over reacted. I just saw it as a crappy thing to say about a professional sportsman who wears an Irish jersey with pride.

As the boys down our way would say "Ye've little to bother you."
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Thefisherking

Quote from: trileacman on April 08, 2012, 10:12:10 PM
Quote from: Thefisherking on April 08, 2012, 09:45:26 PM

Not for Derry

As the boys down our way would say "Ye've little to bother you."

If you don't agree with me that's ok. Let's move on.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 08, 2012, 11:40:32 PM
Ulster Abu.

SUFTUM !

Like practically every thread on this board, it turns into a North v South, Hun V Taig, Man v Woman,
Farmer v City Slicker.

So, whether your from Derry, a prod, have balls or not and dig spuds or carry a briefcase :-

SUFTUM !!

What a victory !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on April 08, 2012, 11:49:26 PM
Ulster Abu.

SUFTUM !

Like practically every thread on this board, it turns into a North v South, Hun V Taig, Man v Woman,
Farmer v City Slicker.

So, whether your from Derry, a prod, have balls or not and dig spuds or carry a briefcase :-

SUFTUM !!

What a victory !

What about the townies  >:(
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 09, 2012, 01:18:49 AM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on April 08, 2012, 11:49:26 PM
Ulster Abu.

SUFTUM !

Farmer v City Slicker.

SUFTUM !!

What a victory !

What about the townies  >:(

they tie in with the City Slcikers, probably only one handle on the the briefcase and un-gelled Cameron Diaz hairstyle are the big differences
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

theticklemister

The only problem is I don't think Barry McGoldrick would have the temperment, kicking ability, running ability or hands of Trimble............or more importantly the looks!!

Overall tis great win for Ulster and will surly be favourites to beat Edinburgh now. Ah hoof hearted your just making up excuses for a fight now; wouldn't be like ye Bellaghy Boys now would it. What about Bellaghy this year I hear yer gonna take up the oul rugby to make sure you win some medals this year!!!lol!!! Mind ye I wouldn't want to be stopping big Fergal Doc or Diver!!

DuffleKing

The longer this season goes on the more embarrassing it gets for david humphreys

Thefisherking

Quote from: DuffleKing on April 09, 2012, 10:32:08 AM

The longer this season goes on the more embarrassing it gets for david humphreys

Nail hit on head, I fully agree. Not only was Mclaughlin's 'sideways move' prematurely announced it was done disgracefully in PR terms. There's no disguising how the players feel...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/heineken-cup/ulsters-heroic-march-reaching-full-stride-3074620.html

haranguerer

It would be f**king hilarious if they won it.

Absolute clowns in charge, inferiority complex as big as a house, getting rid of a man who's doing a great job.