Hefty Bans....

Started by 5 Sams, October 09, 2008, 03:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 94

Quote from: Franko on October 16, 2008, 02:01:20 PM
Quote from: Spirit of 94 on October 16, 2008, 12:22:52 PM
Quote from: Franko on October 16, 2008, 10:19:14 AM
Quote from: The GAA on October 16, 2008, 01:29:03 AM

banning all 40 players on the teamsheet wouldn't stand up if challenged in court. you are convicying and punishing men without producing evidence against them. the DCB would also be open to charges of defamation of charachter.

if the appeal fails i assume court is where we'll see it settled

Surely Slaughtneil, being renowned (as it is) to be a staunch republican club wouldn't want to be seen colluding with the forces of the crown to get away with their wrongdoings.... again....  :o;)

23   GAA Discussion / GAA Discussion / Re: How do we cut out violence in Gaelic Games?  on: July 28, 2008, 03:57:31 PM

To be complaining about our current game being too violent is ludicrous. The simple fact is that gaelic football (for a contact sport) is not currently troubled by an undue level of violence.  I dont know where the inspiration from this thread came from...

Nuff said. 

What????  I dont think you are grasping what I was referring to...!!

I know exactly what you're trying to do. Mix it somewhere else.

tonesfirstandlast

I think all clubs in Derry would need to be on their best behaviour. I was at this game and in comparison to other games i have seen, comparatively speaking very little occurred. The Irish News and local press carried made no mention of the disturbances in their match reports the following days. As someone says, it was interesting that these large fines took place the week after the appointment of Damian Cassidy as county manager- " that it will take all this and more fines in the future to pay Damian's wages". ;D ;D ;D

Franko

Quote from: Spirit of 94 on October 16, 2008, 03:07:57 PM

banning all 40 players on the teamsheet wouldn't stand up if challenged in court. you are convicying and punishing men without producing evidence against them. the DCB would also be open to charges of defamation of charachter.

Surely Slaughtneil, being renowned (as it is) to be a staunch republican club wouldn't want to be seen colluding with the forces of the crown to get away with their wrongdoings.... again....  :o;)

23   GAA Discussion / GAA Discussion / Re: How do we cut out violence in Gaelic Games?  on: July 28, 2008, 03:57:31 PM

To be complaining about our current game being too violent is ludicrous. The simple fact is that gaelic football (for a contact sport) is not currently troubled by an undue level of violence.  I dont know where the inspiration from this thread came from...

Nuff said. 

Now we're getting somewhere! :D ;)  Thats exactly the attitude that got you into this bother. 

Someone should tell you mountain men that other people may be allowed to say and do things that you might not like without getting a slap/soaked in water/told to f**k off etc etc... :o

Spirit of 94

Quote from: Franko on October 16, 2008, 05:34:01 PM

Nuff said. 

Now we're getting somewhere! :D ;)  Thats exactly the attitude that got you into this bother. 

Someone should tell you mountain men that other people may be allowed to say and do things that you might not like without getting a slap/soaked in water/told to f**k off etc etc... :o

You see that's where you're wrong. In any walk of life, you just can't go around insulting people and expect it to go unchallenged.

billy the kid

Quote from: Spirit of 94 on October 17, 2008, 09:03:30 AM

Nuff said. 

You see that's where you're wrong. In any walk of life, you just can't go around insulting assulting people and expect it to go unchallenged unpunished.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Billy Magoo

QuoteYou see that's where you're wrong. In any walk of life, you just can't go around insulting assulting people and expect it to go unchallenged unpunished.

Has any Slaughtneil person said we expect to go unpunished?

billy the kid

Quote from: Billy Magoo on October 17, 2008, 09:43:09 AM
QuoteYou see that's where you're wrong. In any walk of life, you just can't go around insulting assulting people and expect it to go unchallenged unpunished.

Wind your neck in Magoo, Im just stirring the pot to see whos awake this morning.

Did you sleep well last night?
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

orangeman

Quote from: billy the kid on October 17, 2008, 10:03:24 AM

Wind your neck in Magoo, Im just stirring the pot to see whos awake this morning.

;) :D

Estimator

Quote from: orangeman on October 17, 2008, 10:40:16 AM
Quote from: billy the kid on October 17, 2008, 10:03:24 AM

;) :D

Quiet Friday morning Billy??
Ulster League Champions 2009

Spirit of 94

"assulting"

Is this some new form of offence? Or maybe just the way it's done in your neck of the woods. ;D ;D ;D

Franko

Quote from: Spirit of 94 on October 17, 2008, 09:03:30 AM

Nuff said. 

You see that's where you're wrong. In any walk of life, you just can't go around insulting people and expect it to go unchallenged.

You see thats where you are wrong.  I didnt inuslt anybody.  I merely brought up something from your club's (not too distant) past that you didn't like mentioned.  I'd like you to point out the where the insult was in my comment.  You cant go round doing things like that and then take offence when somebody brings it up... ;)  Dry your eyes!!!!!!!! :o

the green man

Spirit of 94

Wrong again Franko, you're making quite a habit of this ;D ;D

SidelineKick

Can any of the Slaughtneil men (or weeemen) inform of whether or not clubs still to play you in the league will get the points....
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Spirit of 94

Quote from: SidelineKick on October 17, 2008, 12:19:04 PM
Can any of the Slaughtneil men (or weeemen) inform of whether or not clubs still to play you in the league will get the points....

You have to fight us for them ;D ;D ;D