Hefty Bans....

Started by 5 Sams, October 09, 2008, 03:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Looks to me like thr DCB were waiting their chance - Sins of the past and all that - Slaughtneil misbehaved on the biggest day in club football and they'll have to take their medicine even if it is considered to be too high a dose.

billy the kid

Quote from: orangeman on October 15, 2008, 02:50:26 PM
Looks to me like thr DCB were waiting their chance - Sins of the past and all that - Slaughtneil misbehaved on the biggest day in club football and they'll have to take their medicine even if it is considered to be too high a dose.

I would almost totally agree only some of them lads are sound and did nothing wrong but are being punished for the sins of a few dickheads. the individual suspensions are fair enough and even the fine and the closing of the pitch for a few months are ok IMO but banning lads who were in the stand and stopping the reserve and U21 teams playing is a bit much.

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

billy the kid

Quote from: Spirit of 94 on October 15, 2008, 02:20:48 PM
Quote from: billy the kid on October 14, 2008, 01:01:21 PM
Played against and with the twins in both codes all the way up to and including senior and they are always getting involved in verbals and slagging matches with opposition players, management, supporters, and are never shy about trying to intimidate a ref by getting in his face and slabbering. 

They also always appeared to feel that they had something to prove physically ie. "shut your mouth or Ill..do such an such" was always a prefered call. They have also been the instigators of many troublesome incidents on the field for their club from underage and up until the most recent piece of outrageous behaviour.  There are plenty of decent lads on the Slaughtneil teams who end up getting dragged into sh*t the twins start.

Overall the 2 of them can be very bad mannered and a year on the sideline is the least they deserve and has been a long time coming. Are you really trying to defend 2 senior players jumping the wire to fight a supporter at the county final???

PS. nobody I have spoke to who seen the incident and some of them were right beside it, agreed that they jumped the wire to defend their father.  They all said that when the he was sent off a ballinderry supporter was giving him bad manners and then when a pushing and shoving match started in the terrace he made a go at the supporter and was quickly followed by his brother.

1 Great sources.....they didn't jump the wire the gate was open, as was plain to be seen on TV!! 

2 Have you ever considered what would have happened if their father was standing near the Ballindery supporter? 

3 Doesn't take much working out.

1. Jumping the wire is a figure of speech, I seen it on TV and even had another look at it following the RTE & BBC web links supplied on here, and just because they used a gate doesnt make it any less a disgrace.

2. Have you ever considered that this whole...

"we are such good sons, all we were doing was protecting my father from a Ballinderry supporter who was arguing/ Pushing/ Hitting/ Kicking/ attempting to murder our father who was saying the rosary on the terrace.  We wouldnt have been so cross as God tells us to turn the other cheek, but Father dropped the good rosary beads I bought him On our 5th trip to Lourdes this year. I hope this is all resolved before I head of to Maynooth to join the priesthood next weekend. Did we mention we are walking to Maynooth in our bare feet as self imposed pennance for any sins we may have committed"

...Is a futile attempt to try and justify behaviour that is extremely inappropriate?  Under no circumstances can players leave the pitch or dugout to enter the stand or terrace to fight with supporters.

3. Your right it doesnt take much working out, they were totally out of order and fully deserve to be banned for a year.

PS. Paul Devlin deserves to be banned for at least 2 years and his suspension being reduced is a joke.  I also think he should be neutered to prevent that sort of thing being seen by future generations.   
If it moves hit it

Spirit of 94

Quote from: billy the kid on October 15, 2008, 04:17:19 PM
Quote from: Spirit of 94 on October 15, 2008, 02:20:48 PM
Quote from: billy the kid on October 14, 2008, 01:01:21 PM
Played against and with the twins in both codes all the way up to and including senior and they are always getting involved in verbals and slagging matches with opposition players, management, supporters, and are never shy about trying to intimidate a ref by getting in his face and slabbering. 

They also always appeared to feel that they had something to prove physically ie. "shut your mouth or Ill..do such an such" was always a prefered call. They have also been the instigators of many troublesome incidents on the field for their club from underage and up until the most recent piece of outrageous behaviour.  There are plenty of decent lads on the Slaughtneil teams who end up getting dragged into sh*t the twins start.

Overall the 2 of them can be very bad mannered and a year on the sideline is the least they deserve and has been a long time coming. Are you really trying to defend 2 senior players jumping the wire to fight a supporter at the county final???

PS. nobody I have spoke to who seen the incident and some of them were right beside it, agreed that they jumped the wire to defend their father.  They all said that when the he was sent off a ballinderry supporter was giving him bad manners and then when a pushing and shoving match started in the terrace he made a go at the supporter and was quickly followed by his brother.

1 Great sources.....they didn't jump the wire the gate was open, as was plain to be seen on TV!! 

2 Have you ever considered what would have happened if their father was standing near the Ballindery supporter? 

3 Doesn't take much working out.

1. Jumping the wire is a figure of speech, I seen it on TV and even had another look at it following the RTE & BBC web links supplied on here, and just because they used a gate doesnt make it any less a disgrace.

2. Have you ever considered that this whole...

"we are such good sons, all we were doing was protecting my father from a Ballinderry supporter who was arguing/ Pushing/ Hitting/ Kicking/ attempting to murder our father who was saying the rosary on the terrace.  We wouldnt have been so cross as God tells us to turn the other cheek, but Father dropped the good rosary beads I bought him On our 5th trip to Lourdes this year. I hope this is all resolved before I head of to Maynooth to join the priesthood next weekend. Did we mention we are walking to Maynooth in our bare feet as self imposed pennance for any sins we may have committed"

...Is a futile attempt to try and justify behaviour that is extremely inappropriate?  Under no circumstances can players leave the pitch or dugout to enter the stand or terrace to fight with supporters.

3. Your right it doesnt take much working out, they were totally out of order and fully deserve to be banned for a year.

PS. Paul Devlin deserves to be banned for at least 2 years and his suspension being reduced is a joke.  I also think he should be neutered to prevent that sort of thing being seen by future generations.   

What a rant!!!. It's beginning to sound more like a personal vendeta. Come on Billy, what's you're real problem with these lads?  Have you had your ears warmed by them?

billy the kid

Now now I dont think you Slaughtneil boys would want to get into a discussion about ears.  ;) ;)

Never had a run in with them but have seen them in action and seen the trouble they cause on the pitch and of it at times that often results in other decent lads from your club (which there are many) getting involved to back up their clubmate, like most of us would on the pitch anyway, and then getting tarred with the same brush.  The reputation your club has for being troublesome has been mostly earned by the actions of a few on and of the pitch.

They were well out of line and deserve the year ban, just like the other individual bans are also deserved ESPECIALLY Paul Devlins.

Can you honestly say that you think the twins, or any of the other individuals behaviour was justified under any circumstances? Do you honestly think the individual suspensions are to much?

(PS I have no idea what your secretary or Chairman are supposed to have done so I have no idea if those suspensions are deserved or not.)
If it moves hit it

Longshanks

Quote from: billy the kid on October 15, 2008, 05:00:31 PM
Now now I dont think you Slaughtneil boys would want to get into a discussion about ears.  ;) ;)

Never had a run in with them but have seen them in action and seen the trouble they cause on the pitch and of it at times that often results in other decent lads from your club (which there are many) getting involved to back up their clubmate, like most of us would on the pitch anyway, and then getting tarred with the same brush.  The reputation your club has for being troublesome has been mostly earned by the actions of a few on and of the pitch.

They were well out of line and deserve the year ban, just like the other individual bans are also deserved ESPECIALLY Paul Devlins.

Can you honestly say that you think the twins, or any of the other individuals behaviour was justified under any circumstances? Do you honestly think the individual suspensions are to much?

(PS I have no idea what your secretary or Chairman are supposed to have done so I have no idea if those suspensions are deserved or not.)

I agree on the ban on the players to a point, but do you actually agree on the 6th month ban on the club, like I think thats taking it all a bit too far, they already have suspended the individuals and fined the club... whats your opinion there?

I think them keeping the 6th month ban is totally out of order!!

billy the kid

Quote from: Longshanks on October 15, 2008, 05:38:54 PM

I agree on the ban on the players to a point, but do you actually agree on the 6th month ban on the club, like I think thats taking it all a bit too far, they already have suspended the individuals and fined the club... whats your opinion there?

I think them keeping the 6th month ban is totally out of order!!

Read back over my posts and you will see that I have already said this. The individual bans are well deserved but banning the clubs senior, reserve and u21 teams for 6 months is wrong as men who done nothing wrong are being punished for the actions of a few. 
In saying that the innocent players should be f**king rippin at the guilty players who disgraced themselves at the game for putting them in this situation in the first place. But the 6 month ban is definately unfair.
If it moves hit it

Longshanks

Srry Billy missed that ;) but aye then pretty much agree, although dunno that much bout these twins to comment but it seems they have a history of sorts maybe??

the green man

Quote from: Longshanks on October 15, 2008, 07:45:04 PM
dunno that much bout these twins to comment but it seems they have a history of sorts maybe??

Reading billy the kid, you would think that they have. They don't. They have never, I believe, engaged with anyone outside the wire, supporter or otherwise before this incident.

The GAA

banning all 40 players on the teamsheet wouldn't stand up if challenged in court. you are convicying and punishing men without producing evidence against them. the DCB would also be open to charges of defamation of charachter.

if the appeal fails i assume court is where we'll see it settled

Spirit of 94

For CLUBMATE substitute FATHER, and yes, any DECENT son would go to help.  From my earlier posts you'll see that I have stated that individual bans were merited.  These actions cannot be condoned but they are understandable.

With regard to troublesome clubs, how did youse fare out a couple of years ago after the fight at half -time with Glen in Magherafelt?????? 

Let him without sin.....

Franko

Quote from: The GAA on October 16, 2008, 01:29:03 AM

banning all 40 players on the teamsheet wouldn't stand up if challenged in court. you are convicying and punishing men without producing evidence against them. the DCB would also be open to charges of defamation of charachter.

Surely Slaughtneil, being renowned (as it is) to be a staunch republican club wouldn't want to be seen colluding with the forces of the crown to get away with their wrongdoings.... again....  :o;)

orangeman

Why did the chairman and secretary get banned - guilty by association ??

Surely these suspensions are especially suspect ???

Spirit of 94

Quote from: Franko on October 16, 2008, 10:19:14 AM

Surely Slaughtneil, being renowned (as it is) to be a staunch republican club wouldn't want to be seen colluding with the forces of the crown to get away with their wrongdoings.... again....  :o;)

23   GAA Discussion / GAA Discussion / Re: How do we cut out violence in Gaelic Games?  on: July 28, 2008, 03:57:31 PM

To be complaining about our current game being too violent is ludicrous. The simple fact is that gaelic football (for a contact sport) is not currently troubled by an undue level of violence.  I dont know where the inspiration from this thread came from...

Nuff said. 

Franko

Quote from: Spirit of 94 on October 16, 2008, 12:22:52 PM
Quote from: Franko on October 16, 2008, 10:19:14 AM

23   GAA Discussion / GAA Discussion / Re: How do we cut out violence in Gaelic Games?  on: July 28, 2008, 03:57:31 PM

To be complaining about our current game being too violent is ludicrous. The simple fact is that gaelic football (for a contact sport) is not currently troubled by an undue level of violence.  I dont know where the inspiration from this thread came from...

Nuff said. 

What????  I dont think you are grasping what I was referring to...!!