Hefty Bans....

Started by 5 Sams, October 09, 2008, 03:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

:o really, thats why i asked was starting to think it was him! Shocked!

Billy Magoo

Quoteas for the ban on the club I find that very harsh given that it only involved the minority and believe it will be reduced if not overturned on appeal.

Unfortunatly this hasn't happened.  If anything its worse as our chairman and secretary have now also been banned.

billy the kid

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 09, 2008, 05:36:25 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 09, 2008, 05:26:46 PM
Well its just that someone mentioned their father was involved somehow and if for example (not saying this happened cos I don't know) someone was attacking my father in the crowd I'd be over the fench swinging clips in no time.
Same here, they hardly done that without a reason?

You obviously dont know these 2 lads then!!!
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

the green man

under the bar

Quoteas for the ban on the club I find that very harsh given that it only involved the minority and believe it will be reduced if not overturned on appeal.

Unfortunatly this hasn't happened.  If anything its worse as our chairman and secretary have now also been banned.

Wasn't it Bellaghy who about 10 years ago had their ground closed for muck-savagery?  

Seems to be a South Derry trait so perhaps the GAA should introduce a blanket ban on all-Derry clubs entering Ulster comps and the county from paritaking in league or championship for a year?  Not that the championship ban would make any real differnce. ;)

billy the kid

Quote from: Over the Bar on October 09, 2008, 11:16:07 PM
I'd expect at a Derry championship match there'd be more than enuff muck-savage red-necks in the crowd to handle the fighting themselves without players needing to get involved.

To be honest I dont know that many Tyrone people attended the county final this year.
If it moves hit it

the green man

billy the kid, any word of an explanation on your previous post on the twins?

billy the kid

Played against and with the twins in both codes all the way up to and including senior and they are always getting involved in verbals and slagging matches with opposition players, management, supporters, and are never shy about trying to intimidate a ref by getting in his face and slabbering.  

They also always appeared to feel that they had something to prove physically ie. "shut your mouth or Ill..do such an such" was always a prefered call. They have also been the instigators of many troublesome incidents on the field for their club from underage and up until the most recent piece of outrageous behaviour.  There are plenty of decent lads on the Slaughtneil teams who end up getting dragged into sh*t the twins start.

Overall the 2 of them can be very bad mannered and a year on the sideline is the least they deserve and has been a long time coming. Are you really trying to defend 2 senior players jumping the wire to fight a supporter at the county final???

PS. nobody I have spoke to who seen the incident and some of them were right beside it, agreed that they jumped the wire to defend their father.  They all said that when the he was sent off a ballinderry supporter was giving him bad manners and then when a pushing and shoving match started in the terrace he made a go at the supporter and was quickly followed by his brother.
If it moves hit it

under the bar

Quoteif for example (not saying this happened cos I don't know) someone was attacking my father

Was this a full on assault on the father or was it a verbal attack?   More than likely the latter as most fathers of players get involved in verbals during local championship games.

magpie seanie

At least two accounts here reckon their father was kicked and ended up on the ground and if this is true I will defend their actions as would any half fair minded person.

robertemmet

Are there any Westmeath people on here.  Is it true the Westmeath Co Chairman for the book threw at him for verbally abusing a referee.  I saw an article in the Irish Star last week and I was wondering was it true.

the green man

Quote from: billy the kid on October 14, 2008, 01:01:21 PM
Played against and with the twins in both codes all the way up to and including senior and they are always getting involved in verbals and slagging matches with opposition players, management, supporters, and are never shy about trying to intimidate a ref by getting in his face and slabbering.  

Good, for a minute I thought you were implying that they made a habbit of boxing in the stand.

ie. "shut your mouth or Ill... .

Which was something similar to the PM I recieved from you, when I mentioned a prominent Ballinascreen family a few months ago. You also said to stop being personal and get back to having a bit of craic. Maybe you should practice what you preach.

Spirit of 94

They also always appeared to feel that they had something to prove physically ie. "shut your mouth or Ill..do such an such" was always a prefered call. They have also been the instigators of many troublesome incidents on the field for their club from underage and up until the most recent piece of outrageous behaviour.  There are plenty of decent lads on the Slaughtneil teams who end up getting dragged into sh*t the twins start.

Overall the 2 of them can be very bad mannered and a year on the sideline is the least they deserve and has been a long time coming. Are you really trying to defend 2 senior players jumping the wire to fight a supporter at the county final???

PS. nobody I have spoke to who seen the incident and some of them were right beside it, agreed that they jumped the wire to defend their father.  They all said that when the he was sent off a ballinderry supporter was giving him bad manners and then when a pushing and shoving match started in the terrace he made a go at the supporter and was quickly followed by his brother.

Great sources.....they didn't jump the wire, the gate was open, as was plain to be seen on TV!!  Have you ever considered what would have happened if their father was standing near the Ballindery supporter?  Doesn't take much working out.

Maximus Marillius

Well I'll have a guess...the father's mouth was as big as the ballinderry supporters mouth...as he got involved with him. six of one and half a dozen of the other. Did the ballinderry man hit first or the father...anyone know or even care. At the end of the day two adults who could not control them selves

under the bar

At the end of the day it matters little what happened on the terraces, who said what or who started it.  The actions of the players by leaving the field to get involved is totally unacceptable and they quite rightly have been handed lengthy bans.