DUBLIN v TYRONE JANUARY 2009 CROKE PARK

Started by Canalman, September 29, 2008, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 30, 2009, 03:37:26 PM
Do you want to expand on Non footballing reasons?

What's the odds Mugsy will get a goal on Saturday night?

You nordies take the aul bait too easy

rrhf

Any truth in the rumour that PP is paying out already on the following:
1) Mugsy to get a goal
2) Rain
3) Bastic to get the line
4) Whelo to get the line
5) Paddy Russell to get hit by a firework
6) Hector to get pulled in to the hill and lynched as he runs past with the mike.

Seriously though I expect a bit of a new beginning form the Dubs, I have a feeling that we are in for a humdinger.  Good luck to the Dubs, great fans, deadly buzz and always fit to take their bating without a national whingew campaign.  Ziggy are ye for Jurys Croke again - ye owe me a pint!!!      

Fuzzman

I'm just trying to stir up more trouble so we can make 50 pages before the game.

What the hell is Hector gonna be talking about for a full hour.
Will the start at 7.30 no matter what? The Utd v Everton match is on from 5.30 so that might hold some back.

I think Mugsy will enjoy playing in that FF line

longrunsthefox

Quote from: rrhf on January 30, 2009, 03:49:28 PM

...  Ziggy are ye for Jurys Croke again - ye owe me a pint!!!     

Jees Zigster I'm going to Jurys too... what do you look like? would be nice to meet you, you've always been a hero of mine before I tool the plunge into this board!!  ;)

heffo

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 30, 2009, 03:57:45 PM
Quote from: rrhf on January 30, 2009, 03:49:28 PM

...  Ziggy are ye for Jurys Croke again - ye owe me a pint!!!     

Jees Zigster I'm going to Jurys too... what do you look like? would be nice to meet you, you've always been a hero of mine before I tool the plunge into this board!!  ;)

Why don't the two of you wear pick carnations and then the three of us can have a pint?

longrunsthefox

If the Zig is up for it -no bother   

laoisgaa

I was in Croke Park today and they are already experimenting with lighting and effects etc - got some video of what's been happening - hopefully I'll get it up on Youtube later.

Have to say it looks like we are in for some treat!!! And the event is self-financing too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hardy

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 30, 2009, 03:56:57 PM
What the hell is Hector gonna be talking about for a full hour.

Memorable Tyrone victories over his county?

Maybe not.

thejuice

Will be watching it on the Telly in the pub. So we're going to be 'treated' to Galway Girl at halftimehope there will be some analysis. swap Mundy with Steve Earle and it might worth a look.  By the way who does the commentry for Setanta since they wont be relying on RTÉ,

Hector in the Brian Carthy role?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

his holiness nb

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 30, 2009, 01:40:17 PM
As a matter of interest, how do most Dubs perceive Tyrone now. Do you hate them or not mind them or just prefer them to Kerry?

Difficult question to answer without starting a tit for tat thing, so I'll start with saying I already know the gripes ye have with the Dubs and their fans, no need to point them out in retaliation.
I'm just answering the question as honestly as I can.

In my opinion, most Tyrone fans are great craic, and I respect most of the players.

Ye overhype every little incident sometimes, but thats no harm.

The main problem I would have with some tyrone fans is that they tend to gloat too much in victory, bad winners if you will.
That said, its not the majority, but quite a few I've come accross all the same.
I've seem some of the players adopt this trend recently too.

And no I'm not getting into specifics, thats just my general observations.

I certainly dont hate Tyrone, not at all.

Heres to a great night tomorrow to all here attending!

Ask me holy bollix

Jinxy

Can't believe the Brush isn't involved in the entertainment.
He'd really get the crowd jumping.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

red hander

Quote from: Jinxy on January 30, 2009, 05:19:09 PM
Can't believe the Brush isn't involved in the entertainment.
He'd really get the crowd jumping.

Yeah, he'd get me jumping off the top deck of the Hogan to end the misery

rrhf

Whadya say to a Meath man in Croke Park
Hoya hecta!!

Fuzzman

The best atmosphere I've ever sambled anywhere was Half way though the 2nd half of the replay in 2005 when The Dubs were coming back strong with Whelo cleaning up in MF and ye scored about 6 in a row.

The noise was unreal. 

Tommo2

Heard a rumour that BBC or UTV will be showing the game live tomorrow night. Can anyone confirm or deny this?