DUBLIN v TYRONE JANUARY 2009 CROKE PARK

Started by Canalman, September 29, 2008, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 30, 2009, 07:53:00 PM
The best atmosphere I've ever sambled anywhere was Half way though the 2nd half of the replay in 2005 when The Dubs were coming back strong with Whelo cleaning up in MF and ye scored about 6 in a row.

The noise was unreal. 

Remember it well. It was striking too the way that the noise just dropped off as Mugsy got the goal and took the wind right out of the Dubs sails. Class too the way he then walked past the Hill staring down the Dublin support ;D

laoisgaa

Mike Finnerty as Commentator and Ray Silke on analysis for the Setanta coverage

INDIANA

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on January 30, 2009, 08:58:29 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on January 30, 2009, 07:53:00 PM
The best atmosphere I've ever sambled anywhere was Half way though the 2nd half of the replay in 2005 when The Dubs were coming back strong with Whelo cleaning up in MF and ye scored about 6 in a row.

The noise was unreal. 

Remember it well. It was striking too the way that the noise just dropped off as Mugsy got the goal and took the wind right out of the Dubs sails. Class too the way he then walked past the Hill staring down the Dublin support ;D

I agree it was unreal that atmosphere in that spell, I've rarely seen it replicated. Keaney kicked 4 in 6 minutes. Then the stunned silence as mugsy in slow motion finished for a goal. Game, set and match.

ONeill

Quote from: his holiness nb on January 30, 2009, 05:18:15 PM

The main problem I would have with some tyrone fans is that they tend to gloat too much in victory, bad winners if you will.
That said, its not the majority, but quite a few I've come accross all the same.
I've seem some of the players adopt this trend recently too.

Hold on a second. I accept, as would every county, that there are followers who will gloat in victory. However, I'd like an example of these 'players' who do so.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

heffo

Quote from: ONeill on January 30, 2009, 11:03:34 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on January 30, 2009, 05:18:15 PM

The main problem I would have with some tyrone fans is that they tend to gloat too much in victory, bad winners if you will.
That said, its not the majority, but quite a few I've come accross all the same.
I've seem some of the players adopt this trend recently too.

Hold on a second. I accept, as would every county, that there are followers who will gloat in victory. However, I'd like an example of these 'players' who do so.

I don't necessarily agree with the OP but I believe there was a post recently with video evidence of a Tyrone player standing gloating over a rival who was lying on the ground after the final whistle

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: heffo on January 30, 2009, 11:13:41 PM
I don't necessarily agree with the OP but I believe there was a post recently with video evidence of a Tyrone player standing gloating over a rival who was lying on the ground after the final whistle

Allegedly heffo, and totally inconclusive, video or not. Can we switch this to the very obvious gloating of some of the Dublin players over the last year or two, where it's much more clear cut?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

heffo

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 30, 2009, 11:27:36 PM
Quote from: heffo on January 30, 2009, 11:13:41 PM

Allegedly heffo, and totally inconclusive, video or not. Can we switch this to the very obvious gloating of some of the Dublin players over the last year or two, where it's much more clear cut?

I don't believe there was any gloating from Dublin players last year - there was plenty from plenty of counties the year before - I'm not the one getting my knickers in a twist anyhoo trying to claim black is white..

Fear ón Srath Bán

I'll take that as a 'no' then, and probably not the best of form to include on-field 'incidents', unless you've brought your can opener.  :P

heffo

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 30, 2009, 11:33:23 PM
I'll take that as a 'no' then, and probably not the best of form to include on-field 'incidents', unless you've brought your can opener.  :P

Well we could sub-categorise it as on-camera and off-camera - some counties have better training from the backroom team on these matters.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: heffo on January 30, 2009, 11:37:46 PM

Well we could sub-categorise it as on-camera and off-camera - some counties have better training from the backroom team on these matters.

Indeed, we'll match your lot one of these days.

heffo

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 30, 2009, 11:40:51 PM
Quote from: heffo on January 30, 2009, 11:37:46 PM

Indeed, we'll match your lot one of these days.

You're far too modest for your own good  :)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: heffo on January 30, 2009, 11:53:08 PM
You're far too modest for your own good  :)

I know, to a fault, and go easy on us tomorrow night will ya  ;)

Donagh

Just got a call from Dublin there. Apparently there's major ructions in the Tymone camp after Mícheál insited the boys go to Mass at the tomb of Matt Talbot. Last I heard Mickey was flagitating himself on Seán McDermott Street, while Ricey was beating Snowy round the head with a bottle of blue WKD, muttering "headbutt who ye cnut". Mugsy is reported to be spending the night in Store St. after an incident with an ashtray, a pot noodle and and a ban Garda  :o

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Zapatista

Quote from: Donagh on January 31, 2009, 12:19:45 AM
Just got a call from Dublin there. Apparently there's major ructions in the Tymone camp after Mícheál insited the boys go to Mass at the tomb of Matt Talbot. Last I heard Mickey was flagitating himself on Seán McDermott Street, while Ricey was beating Snowy round the head with a bottle of blue WKD, muttering "headbutt who ye cnut". Mugsy is reported to be spending the night in Store St. after an incident with an ashtray, a pot noodle and and a ban Garda  :o

Mugsy never fails to score in Dublin!!