DUBLIN v TYRONE JANUARY 2009 CROKE PARK

Started by Canalman, September 29, 2008, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: INDIANA on January 29, 2009, 10:34:04 PM
Glad I'm not going after reading that lineup ;D. Could be similar to last august unless tyrone all have beer bellies.

Your not kidding anyone! The only way to prove that you didnt go is to post during the match or at half time.

loughshore lad

Quote from: clarshack on January 29, 2009, 09:34:57 PM
its funny how this time last year we were complaining about not having a forward line and no real strength in depth.

Yes very good point.  Highlights how quickly sentiment can change.  The arrival of Tommy and Justin on the scene together with the emergence/establishment of McCullagh as a player of genuine intercounty quality has greatly improved the options available.  Wouldnt be getting carried away just yet, the early signs are promising but a successful year will again depend on the form and availability of the established core - Ricey, Gormley, Jordan, McGinley, Dooher, Cavanagh, and Brian McGuigan - losing even 2 of those would be difficult to overcome.

Interesting to see Cassidy retain his place after a good McKenna cup, its not easy to break into Harte's teams and hopefully he performs well again on saturday night and goes on to provide another genuine option to Tyrone at this level.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: loughshore lad on January 29, 2009, 10:57:16 PM
Interesting to see Cassidy retain his place after a good McKenna cup, its not easy to break into Harte's teams and hopefully he performs well again on saturday night and goes on to provide another genuine option to Tyrone at this level.

Indeed, he must really have impressed in the training sessions, in addition to the Mc Kenna Cup runs out.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Aaron Boone

Showtime on Saturday:

6.30pm - Entertainment begins with Hector Ó hEochagáin.

7.30pm - NFL tie between Tyrone and Dublin.

8.10pm - Half-time show will feature Sharon Shannon & Mundy.

9pm - "Iconic moments" followed by lighting & firework show.

INDIANA

I fancy dublin's half back line and midfield to go well. I think we've  a huge advantage at midfield if we turn up. tyrone's half forward line will have their hands full but our full back line? talk about a baptism of fire. thats an incredible ff line of tyrone and if it gets enough ball, tyrone will win easily.

Declan

Would be hugely concerned about the match up between the Tyrone FF line and our FB line and can only see one winner tomorrow night. Looking forward to seeing if we have any discernible pattern of play being worked on and how Henry goes in the half forward line but more importantly that we keep playing throughout when we find ourselves behind and not throw in the towel like last year.

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on January 29, 2009, 11:17:50 PM
I fancy dublin's half back line and midfield to go well. I think we've  a huge advantage at midfield if we turn up. tyrone's half forward line will have their hands full but our full back line? talk about a baptism of fire. thats an incredible ff line of tyrone and if it gets enough ball, tyrone will win easily.

Dublin to win handy.  ;)

Tyrone Dreamer

Tyrone definately have a strong panel at the minute. Thats a very decent team out tomorrow night and you pick another decent 15 from the panel:
McConnell
PJ Quinn
McCarron
Gourley
Mellon
Gormley
Carlin
Holmes
Hughes
Mulgrew
B McGuigan
Dooher
Penrose
C Cavanagh
Snowy/G Devlin

The thing that worries me is that its only January and already Tyrone are being hyped up. We saw last year how this time of year counts for little when the big prize is handed out latter in the year. You only have to read back to the Tyrone msg board early last year to see how much the team were being written off.

Doohicky

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on January 30, 2009, 09:03:30 AM

The thing that worries me is that its only January and already Tyrone are being hyped up. We saw last year how this time of year counts for little when the big prize is handed out latter in the year. You only have to read back to the Tyrone msg board early last year to see how much the team were being written off.

I hear you, but Kerry have been having to deal with that for years. If we are to be considered a truely great team we have to be able to be early season favourites and still win the big prize.

ONeill

Great to see the occasion getting the players it deserves. The Dubs will have the memory of last August fresh enough and will need no motivation. The new management gives the game an unpredictable element.

If we beat the Dubs again, do we own them?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

under the bar

Is it on RTE?

If so it it blocked on Sky?

tyrone86

Quote from: under the bar on January 30, 2009, 09:14:32 AM
Is it on RTE?

If so it it blocked on Sky?

It's on Setanta Ireland, not on RTE or TG4.

nrico2006

Its a disgrace that its not available for the average fan to watch!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on January 30, 2009, 09:11:01 AM
If we beat the Dubs again, do we own them?

Nah, it's just another down payment on 1984 and '95!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 30, 2009, 11:08:08 AM
Its a disgrace that its not available for the average fan to watch!

There's been tickets available from €5-€20 for the past 2 months for the average fan who wants to see it. Setanta were prepared to pay to show games for a number of seasons while rte were not. Would be very unfair on Setanta to break the agreement when a big game comes along.