DUBLIN v TYRONE JANUARY 2009 CROKE PARK

Started by Canalman, September 29, 2008, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

Although as I said earlier they should have tried to arrange for RTE to show highlights later that night if it didnt interupt there coverage of the premiership or heineken cup.

heffo

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on January 30, 2009, 11:31:16 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 30, 2009, 11:08:08 AM
Its a disgrace that its not available for the average fan to watch!

There's been tickets available from €5-€20 for the past 2 months for the average fan who wants to see it. Setanta were prepared to pay to show games for a number of seasons while rte were not. Would be very unfair on Setanta to break the agreement when a big game comes along.

In facts clubs could order Juvenile tickets for €3 each and one free adult ticket for every ten Juv tickets ordered..

Our Nail Loney

Got work sorted, heading to this now myself

Tyrone by four points...

Donagh

Saw that Snowy fella limping up the Malone Rd yesterday with bandaged hand. Looks like someone's knocked him about a bit.  :o

Fuzzman

Certainly quite a strong team Mickey has put out and I'd say the strongest ever for the 1st round of the league for Tyrone

Its nicely set up for an ambush though with Dublin haven't nothing to lose having a new manager, no competitive games played, not much training, loads of injuries and new faces.

I must say I'm looking forward to it all but am wondering what the hell is Hector gonna be doing for an hour? Let yerself Goooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Big opportunity for Mugsy to prove his worth as often this time of year he plays half a game, gets injured and we don't see him til June again.
I get the feeling this year competition for places will be right from the start and maybe come summer we wont be needing Dooher to be running his a$$ off again.

Maybe I'm being unfair to him but Magee always makes me nervous. He is tenacious enuf but doesn't always seem the think before he leaps.

As a matter of interest, how do most Dubs perceive Tyrone now. Do you hate them or not mind them or just prefer them to Kerry?

Tyrone Dreamer

We've definately a lot more options than this time last year:

Tyrone Team v Kildare
30 Jan 2008

1. John Devine
2. PJ Quinn
3. Conor Gormley
4. Martin Swift
5. Davy Harte
6. Dermot Carlin
7. Philip Jordan
8. Kevin Hughes
9. Enda McGinley
10. Colm Cavanagh
11. Raymond Mulgrew
12. Ryan Mellon
13. Colm McCullagh
14. Tommy McGuigan
15. Shaun O'Neill

16.  Pascal McConnell
17. Niall Gormley
18. Colin Holmes
19. Cathal McCarron
20. Damien McCaul
21. Owen Mulligan

his holiness nb

Based on the line ups, I see a very one sided game with Tyrone running out winners by anything between 8 to 15 points.

But sure we live in hope.
Ask me holy bollix

heffo

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 30, 2009, 01:40:17 PM
As a matter of interest, how do most Dubs perceive Tyrone now. Do you hate them or not mind them or just prefer them to Kerry?

I don't think too many Dubs hate Tyrone - they wouldn't like playing against them due to non-footballing reasons and the levels they'll go to to gain an advantage - they'd admire their footballing ability though.

Rivalry with Kerry is long gone - they hammered us at a canter in '04 and whilst the game in '07 was very close and could've gone either way they just haven't played each other enough in recent years.

The biggest rivalry for the current team is Tyrone without a doubt.

Bensars

Quote from: heffo on January 30, 2009, 02:02:03 PM

I don't think too many Dubs hate Tyrone - they wouldn't like playing against them due to non-footballing reasons and the levels they'll go to to gain an advantage - they'd admire their footballing ability though.

Rivalry with Kerry is long gone - they hammered us at a canter in '04 and whilst the game in '07 was very close and could've gone either way they just haven't played each other enough in recent years.

due to non-footballing reasons and the levels they'll go to to gain an advantage      ::) ::) ::)       

Phone samaratins, they have professional trained operators that can help you.

bingobus

Is the boycott still on for this one? I see its almost sold out.

heffo

Quote from: Bensars on January 30, 2009, 02:46:47 PM
Quote from: heffo on January 30, 2009, 02:02:03 PM

due to non-footballing reasons and the levels they'll go to to gain an advantage      ::) ::) ::)       

Phone samaratins, they have professional trained operators that can help you.

Ah it's ok Bensars - I'm a big boy - I've been to Healy park and back on a number of occasions - I'm well used to it now - it's more the childer I'm worried about

Fear ón Srath Bán

Ladbrokes have us as favourites for the Division 1 title, ahead of Kerry, is that a first?

Divison 1 Outright Winner
   Tyrone       2/1             Galway       8/1
   Kerry       5/2             Derry       8/1
   Dublin       7/1             Westmeath       14/1
   Mayo       7/1             Donegal       16/1

Dvision 2 Outright Winner
   Cork       11/4             Wexford       13/2
   Armagh       4/1             Kildare       12/1
   Meath       4/1             Laois       12/1
   Monaghan       9/2             Fermanagh       16/1

Divison 3 Outright Winner

Down       9/4
Cavan     5/1
Offaly     5/1
Limerick     5/1
Louth     6/1
Roscommon     7/1
Longford     9/1
Tipperary     33/1

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

The GAA

Fuzzman

Do you want to expand on Non footballing reasons?

What's the odds Mugsy will get a goal on Saturday night?