DUBLIN v TYRONE JANUARY 2009 CROKE PARK

Started by Canalman, September 29, 2008, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

What's the latest on Brian Mac?
Was it his ankle he had the operation on?

Has his vision returned not completely or still not perfect?

These Dubs are fairly playing down expectation for this match.
Only 2 weeks ago Tyrone were still on holiday in Florida and we were thinking we might get hockeyed.

Can anyone smell a trap?

Trapper Tony?

heffo

Quote from: hardstation on January 21, 2009, 11:26:12 PM
Hope the Sidewalk Music bar show the fireworks.

What would you be doing going near that kip?

thejuice

From gaa.ie

QuoteGAA 125 Time to Celebrate

GAA President, Nickey Brennan, today outlined further information in relation to the upcoming Allianz National Football League game between Dublin and Tyrone which takes place in Croke Park on Saturday 31st January. This game will see the launch for the GAA's 125th anniversary celebrations.

He said "The GAA has been the cornerstone of Irish community life for 125 years. It has enabled communities to achieve a true sense of identity and pride in  place. During Ireland's most challenging times the GAA helped to inspire people through its games and cultural activities".

Mr. Brennan added, "The opening Allianz National Football League game will be a night of celebration of the achievements of our Association over those 125 years and will serve as an inspiration to all current members".

The President reiterates the immense contribution the GAA has made to Irish society and many events will be held in clubs, schools and other venues across Ireland and overseas in 2009 which will celebrate and commemorate this milestone year. Saturday 31st January will be a night of celebration and festivities for all the family and will invoke a sense of pride in the GAA."

This unique event will be an inspiring mix of music, entertainment and a lighting and fireworks extravaganza for all the family, which will wrap Croke Park stadium in vibrant colour, projections and stunning visuals.

A program of lively entertainment will be hosted by MC Hector Ó H hEochagáin. Joining Hector in the crowd will be thousands of supporters from Dublin, Tyrone and other parts of the country plus representatives from 1,000 clubs on the night. A specially commissioned soundtrack from Larry Mullen of U2 also featuring  Micheal Ó Muircheartaigh will be premiered on the occasion.

Tickets are selling fast so purchase now to avoid disappointment from the participating counties, on www.gaa.ie or from Ticketmaster outlets nationwide.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

clarshack

what time is throw-in? it says on the tickets 7.00p.m. but on the tyrone website 7.30 p.m. dont want to end up like yer man in todays irish news  :D

ziggysego

Quote from: clarshack on January 22, 2009, 10:07:10 PM
what time is throw-in? it says on the tickets 7.00p.m. but on the tyrone website 7.30 p.m. dont want to end up like yer man in todays irish news  :D

He was from Armagh. Armagh men have form for that kind of thing....
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gaffer

With the Euro being what it is at the moment, its gonna be a feckin' dear weekend in Dulin for us Tyrone ones !!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

gerry

really looking forward to it with a week to go. hotel book and just got my hands free tickets as well, only thing missing now is a few girls for after
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Mike Sheehy

QuoteWith the Euro being what it is at the moment, its gonna be a feckin' dear weekend in Dulin for us Tyrone ones !!!!

Hound

Quote from: INDIANA on January 21, 2009, 04:53:08 PM
I think I'd hit the net against us on the 31st in fairness. Could be in for a right trimming. No Alan Brogan either, he's out injured. Puts the tin lid on it for me.
For fecks sake. The one glimmer of hope we had....

I see we're going to be rotating the captaincy during the league!

Anyone know if Ross McConnell is a full back or a midfielder in this panel? Likewise Dave Henry - a back or a forward?

Zulu

I hear Henry plays a bit of club football in the forwards but from what I've seen of him he certainly isn't a county standard forward.

heffo

Quote from: Zulu on January 23, 2009, 08:57:48 AM
I hear Henry plays a bit of club football in the forwards but from what I've seen of him he certainly isn't a county standard forward.

To my knowledge, he's played two games as a forward for Dublin - against Westmeath or Fermanagh at home in the league about three years ago, and in the recent Blue Stars game he played centre forward. He scored six points from play if I'm not mistaken in the Blue stars game.

INDIANA

Zulu, he Regularly plays up front and scores 3-4 points from play per game. He'll definitely get a shot up front in the league

Zulu

Fair enough lads you'd obviously know more about him than I would but he doesn't strike me as a scoring IC forward, though he might work out as a hard working link player.