DUBLIN v TYRONE JANUARY 2009 CROKE PARK

Started by Canalman, September 29, 2008, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Would it be fair to say Mugsy has been our main threat for getting goals over the past number of years

i always thought of PTG as more of a great point taker whereas Mugsy has a habit of hitting the net, especially v the Dubs.

INDIANA

I think I'd hit the net against us on the 31st in fairness. Could be in for a right trimming. No Alan Brogan either, he's out injured. Puts the tin lid on it for me.

Doohicky

Anyone have any suggestions where I can leave an Overnight bag during the match?
I am staying at a mates house in Maynooth but won't be going out there until after the match. I'll begoing straight from Belfast to Croke Park.

Normally wouldn't be a problem, but I am bring drink down with me and that will be in the bag. I assume the security won't be too enamoured at me bringing a carryout in, even though I have no intention of drinking it.

I seem to remember there being Lockers in the Busaras down at the toilets, but I also have memories of them usually being broke.

tyronefan

would rather see big Sean on the HF line  does his best work when running at the defense

dubinhell

Quote from: INDIANA on January 21, 2009, 04:53:08 PM
I think I'd hit the net against us on the 31st in fairness. Could be in for a right trimming. No Alan Brogan either, he's out injured. Puts the tin lid on it for me.

Here's the panel

Alan Brogan, Fennell, Kelly, Bonner, Andrews carrying injuries, all Kilmacud Crokes players not available.

DUBLIN (Senior football squad for National Football League): Paddy Andrews (St Brigid's), Denis Bastick (Templeogue Synge St), Kevin Bonner (St Brigid's), Seán Breheny (St Jude's), Gerard Brennan (St Vincent's), Bernard Brogan (St Oliver Plunkett's/ER), James Brogan (St Oliver Plunkett's/ER), Barry Cahill (St Brigid's), Paul Casey (Lucan Sarsfields), Stephen Cluxton (Parnells), Paul Conlon (St Vincent's), Diarmuid Connolly (St Vincent's), Bryan Cullen (Skerries Harps), Colin Daly (Skerries Harps), Tiernan Diamond (St Vincent's), Enda Dolan (Ballymun Kickhams), Eamon Fennell (O'Toole's), Paul Flynn (Fingallians), Hugh Gill (St Vincent's), David Henry (Raheny), Alan Hubbard (Ballymun Kickhams), Conal Keaney (Ballyboden St Enda's), Declan Lally (St Brigid's), Ross McConnell (St Oliver Plunkett's/ER), Thomas McGrath (Fingal Ravens), Brendan McManamon (St Jude's), David Mooney (O'Toole's), Colin Moran (Ballyboden St Enda's), Derek Murray (Round Tower's, Clondalkin), Rory O'Connor (St Oliver Plunkett's/ER), Stephen O'Shaughnessy (Lucan Sarsfields), Tomás Quinn (St Vincent's), Donal Ryan (Raheny), Shane Ryan (Nh Mearnóg), Michael Savage (St Vincent's), Jason Sherlock (St Oliver Plunkett's/ER), Seamus Walsh (St Mary's, Saggart), Ciarán Whelan (Raheny).

Jinxy

Quote from: Doohicky on January 21, 2009, 04:59:08 PM
Anyone have any suggestions where I can leave an Overnight bag during the match?
I am staying at a mates house in Maynooth but won't be going out there until after the match. I'll begoing straight from Belfast to Croke Park.

Normally wouldn't be a problem, but I am bring drink down with me and that will be in the bag. I assume the security won't be too enamoured at me bringing a carryout in, even though I have no intention of drinking it.

I seem to remember there being Lockers in the Busaras down at the toilets, but I also have memories of them usually being broke.

Ask the Tyrone goalkeeper to hang onto it for you during the match.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ONeill

Quote from: dubinhell on January 21, 2009, 05:36:27 PM

Here's the panel

Alan Brogan, Fennell, Kelly, Bonner, Andrews carrying injuries, all Kilmacud Crokes players not available.

DUBLIN (Senior football squad for National Football League): Paddy Andrews (St Brigid's), Denis Bastick (Templeogue Synge St), Kevin Bonner (St Brigid's), Seán Breheny (St Jude's), Gerard Brennan (St Vincent's), Bernard Brogan (St Oliver Plunkett's/ER), James Brogan (St Oliver Plunkett's/ER), Barry Cahill (St Brigid's), Paul Casey (Lucan Sarsfields), Stephen Cluxton (Parnells), Paul Conlon (St Vincent's), Diarmuid Connolly (St Vincent's), Bryan Cullen (Skerries Harps), Colin Daly (Skerries Harps), Tiernan Diamond (St Vincent's), Enda Dolan (Ballymun Kickhams), Eamon Fennell (O'Toole's), Paul Flynn (Fingallians), Hugh Gill (St Vincent's), David Henry (Raheny), Alan Hubbard (Ballymun Kickhams), Conal Keaney (Ballyboden St Enda's), Declan Lally (St Brigid's), Ross McConnell (St Oliver Plunkett's/ER), Thomas McGrath (Fingal Ravens), Brendan McManamon (St Jude's), David Mooney (O'Toole's), Colin Moran (Ballyboden St Enda's), Derek Murray (Round Tower's, Clondalkin), Rory O'Connor (St Oliver Plunkett's/ER), Stephen O'Shaughnessy (Lucan Sarsfields), Tomás Quinn (St Vincent's), Donal Ryan (Raheny), Shane Ryan (Nh Mearnóg), Michael Savage (St Vincent's), Jason Sherlock (St Oliver Plunkett's/ER), Seamus Walsh (St Mary's, Saggart), Ciarán Whelan (Raheny).

There's still the makings of a good starting 15 there. Sherlock still togging out.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: ONeill on January 19, 2009, 11:06:37 PM
Justy did a great job last year at FB, but I'd love to see him further out to see how he'd perform for the county - maybe swap with the brother.

RHF, do you think we've seen the end of Sean as a starting MF in terms of a Tyrone side at full strength?

Would love to see Justy tried out the field to. Not sure if we can cope without him at full back though. A team like this later in the year would look very strong on paper anyway:
Packie
Ricey
Joe McMahon
PJ Quinn
Harte
Gormley
Jordan
McGinley
Justy
Dooher
B McGuigan
T McGuigan
O'Neill
Cavanagh
Mulligan

heffo

I met a couple of panelists in the gym just there - they are doing a lot of gym work at the mo and are very leaden legged - it's not going to be pretty especially after Tyrone's turnout against Monaghan..

orangeman

I predict at least a 10 point win for Dublin !  ;)

INDIANA

agreed heffo , if we get within 5 points it'll be a very good performance. We don't seem to be targetting this game at all. if tyrone really want to do a number on us they will. depends on their selection.

C_Berg_316

Any word on when the Tyrone panel is announced?
thats the crack she said with one leg up above on the table

Tyrone Dreamer

Think I read somewhere that entertainment starts at 6.30. It sounds like the fireworks and lighting display wont be on until after the game is over so not sure exactly what the entertainment in before the game. The fact that they havent announced what it is makes me think it might not be that great!

ziggysego

Not too many will want to be sticking around after the game to see the fireworks. Particularly the losing side.
Testing Accessibility

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on January 21, 2009, 06:15:26 PM

Would love to see Justy tried out the field to. Not sure if we can cope without him at full back though.

Thats it, we waited so long for somebody to come in and really make that FB position their own and Id be loathe to start messing with it again. Leave Justy at No.3 for the moment.

Quite positive at the minute for Tyrone. The forward line looked weak during the NFL last year but men like Tommy, McCullagh and Penrose really stepped up to it during the championship. On top of that we have the prospect of a fit SON for the first time in years and Mugsy and Mulgrew hopefully injury free compared to last season. Brian McGuigan is another who will hopefully benefit from more games having only returned to the team last summer after a long absence .
Of course you never know whats ahead and thats the lesson from 2004 and 2006 but with a bit of luck Tyrone should be well placed for the months to come.