1 (0.5%)
Dublin
3 (1.5%)
Mayo
15 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 198

johnpower

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on September 26, 2008, 09:56:34 PM
Having followed this thread with great interest it is clear that we are all, some more slowly than others,  arriving at the conclusion that this debate can only be settled on the outcome of the 2009 AI.  I still say Kerry are in the lead but Tyrone have the chance to catch them up.  The how will we separate them.  In this sceanario it think the only sensible criteria can be a new argument, depending on your prejudice, on whether:

a. beating eash other in direct matches is best or, and I lean toward this as the real test of a great team and the defining criterium,
b. who can do back-to-backs.

Kerry have already achieved (b) so if Tyrone win next year its a stalemate. Then, and only then can (a) be come the deciding factor.  Sorry Tyronies but, great as the 2008 achievement was, you are still lagging behind.

If we concede the team of the decade title to Tyrone will they bask in it and give us a clear run at it for the next 5-10 years ?.

Over the Bar

Barflys and forum dwellers will debate this one for years, but Mickey Harte and Pat O'Shea both know who's the master and who's the pupil.

Tony Baloney

Going back to back is the sign of a really good team. Maybe the best 15 of the decade is the best way to settle it. Maybe next year....

KERRYMAD

not one arguement to support why tyrone cant win year after year but pointless slags like shite etc... put a propper arguement together and explain why kerry come back year after year and tyrone dont??

we too have had our contraversy, injuries & knockbacks........ and i guess unless you come out of ulster then the wins dont count?

obviously i am fighting a loosing battle here because no one seems interested in argueing a point but are just looking for self praise..
so well done again tyrony ye are self named team of the decade when is the award cermony???

Zapatista

Quote from: KERRYMAD on September 27, 2008, 09:07:26 AM
not one arguement to support why tyrone cant win year after year but pointless slags like shite etc... put a propper arguement together and explain why kerry come back year after year and tyrone dont??

we too have had our contraversy, injuries & knockbacks........ and i guess unless you come out of ulster then the wins dont count?

obviously i am fighting a loosing battle here because no one seems interested in argueing a point but are just looking for self praise..
so well done again tyrony ye are self named team of the decade when is the award cermony???

Tuesday

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: KERRYMAD on September 27, 2008, 09:07:26 AM

In 2004 the Tyrone squad were hit with a terrible tragedy, not many counties would have reacted as well but an All Ireland was always going to be tough.

In 2006 & 7 Tyrone were hit with unbelievable injuries. Would Kerry have been able to cope without 5 of their 1st choice forwards in 2006/7? Take out Gooch,Donaghy,O'Sullivan,Galvin,Brosnan and see how you's get on. People said the injuries were an excuse but this year they have cleared up and Tyrone are the All Ireland champions - this shows it wasnt just an excuse. If we get a bit of luck next year Id say a decent defence of the title is guarenteed.

KERRYMAD

i agree mid louth tyrone have been hit hard with various senarios that make it difficult to retain titles however as i pointed out kerry had to retire a few and re style their play from 2003 & 2005 and if you look at the kerry team sheet for those years to today there are familiar faces but a wave of new ones also.

tragedy does not give the rite to supremicy so with all the if's buts and because's heard its titles and appearances that count at the end of the day and to quote one of the lads its a no brainer medals are the currency of the day

blanketattack

Team of the Decade based on All-Stars. I gave a bonus point for Footballers of the Year. To settle a tie, FOTY and All-Ireland medals were used.

1. Diarmuid Murphy (3 All-Stars)
2. Marc Ó Sé (2 + FOTY)
3. Conor Gormley (3)
4. Mike McCarthy (3)
5. Tomás Ó Sé (5 + FOTY)
6. Kieran McGeeney (2 + FOTY)
7. Seamus Moynihan (2 + FOTY)
8. Darragh Ó Sé (4)
9. Sean Kavanagh (4 + FOTY)
10. Paul Galvin (3 + FOTY)
11. Declan O'Sullivan (3)
12. Brian Dooher (3)
13. Stephen O'Neill (3 + FOTY)
14. Stephen McDonnell (3 + FOTY)
15. Colm Cooper (5)

Subs: Stephen Cluxton (3)
Declan Meehan (2 + FOTY)
Philip Jordan (3)
Peter Canavan (3)
Kieran Donaghy (2 + FOTY)

stew

Kerry are the team of the decade, end of.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

Only about 8 hours to find out. Who tells us anyway?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Puckoon

Quote from: ONeill on December 31, 2009, 03:43:40 PM
Only about 8 hours to find out. Who tells us anyway?

Just finished mickeys book there - one thing is for certain, its not Armagh, nor Killyclogher.

ONeill

No sign of an answer yet on the news.

I reckon it's down to:

St Gall's
Antrim Ladies
Kerry 75-86
Fermanagh 04
Wexford 08
Wicklow 09
Sligo 02
Loup 03-09
Tyrone hurlers 09
Kerry

ONeill

Still no word. Checked RTE and they never even mentioned it.

Tony Baloney

***Newsflash***
This just in from HQ - Crossmaglen Rangers
*** End Newsflash***