Galway
1 (0.5%)
Dublin
3 (1.5%)
Mayo
15 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 198

nrico2006

QuoteThis craic about Kerry having the better players is nonsense. Tyrone have all round footballers all over the pitch. Look at the 3 players in full back line, all quality footballers who could easily go up the pitch and take a score. The Tyrones defenders are far better footballers than the Kerry lads - compare how much the back six scored from play this year to the Kerry 6. Then you have the likes of Cavanagh,McGinley and Dooher up the pitch. Add to that a bench that includes Mulligan,O'Neill,McGuigan,Hughes,Gourley,McCaul. The best footballers and best team won the All Ireland. This craic about Tyrone having inferior players to Kerry is an injustice to a great team that has beaten Kerry on numerous occasions since the minors in 97.

Agreed, fed up reading this bollox about Kerry having the superior players blah blah blah.  Tyrone played better collectively on Sunday but as individuals they are no way inferior than Kerrys players, results would suggest the opposite.  As Fear mentioned, look at the medal count of the Tyrone squad at all grades compared to Kerrys.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ONeill

Totally agree. I see Kevin McGourty in today's Gaelic Life has 'The Best Players Lost' ....but it's well known Kevin wanted Kerry to win on Sunday.

Tyrone have excellent footballers, well drilled in the basics to the point of second nature and immensely athletic to boot. Kerry have as well, but not as many. You can match up Jodan and T OSe, Cavanagh and D OSe and Tyrone'll not be found wanting. Being a 'good footballer' is more than just soloing with either foot. Bravery, tenacity, intelligence, fitness....add those to the attributes of a good footballer. When you see the likes of Brosnan wilting under the white heat you need to reassess such tags.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

full back

IMHO it is tight between the 2 teams as to who is the team of the decade
The decade isnt over yet so its a bit early to be deciding it anyway. Because Tyrone's performance is fresh in everyone's mind it is natural for most people to say Tyrone.
Kerry have the most skilfull/dangerous players who can score a goal out of nothing i.e Gooch, Donaghy, Walsh, O Sullivan whereas Tyrone have a more methodical approach

FFS if we win Sam next year we will be team of the decade ;)

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on September 26, 2008, 10:10:21 AM
Totally agree. I see Kevin McGourty in today's Gaelic Life has 'The Best Players Lost' ....but it's well known Kevin wanted Kerry to win on Sunday.

Why would anyone give any credence to what this man has to say?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nrico2006

McGourty would hardly be a potential Pulitzer wining journalist, at best he has cut and paste a few of the previous weeks articles and amalgamated them into his column.  He is simply repeating what a few other journalists have said.  Agree with Minder for once though, who would listen to the man anyway.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Big Mickey

in my opinion team of the decade is so much more than medals though that does play a huge part.this is why i think tyrone are team, of the decade,mulligans goal,the three matches against armagh in 2005,the dublin match,beating kerry so convincingly in 2 AI finals while being huge underdogs and also dont forget the tragedy associated with this team and how they have bounced back.thats what makes this team so special and thus team of the decade

KERRYMAD

Seems to me you guys have convinced yourselves so its unanimous Tyrone think they are team of the decade.

congratulations !!!!!!!!!

if a few guys retire or get injured like those of kerry (O'CANAIDE, HASSETT, MOYNIHAN,FITZMAURICE, MCCARTHY.ETC.ETC all first team players ) I Still expect you will be back in the final next year. because if the second placed team "team of the decade" can re group after defeat and come back and win tow BACK TO BACK All irelands finals surely you guys can too or is that a bridge too far for the champions??

I have great respect for tyrone football and fans but some of you guys are really clutching at straws when the decade still hangs in the balance!   

Main Street

Quote from: KERRYMAD on September 26, 2008, 12:53:01 PM

Seems to me you guys have convinced yourselves so its unanimous Tyrone think they are team of the decade.

congratulations !!!!!!!!!

58 out 134 is unanimous? you are Kerrymad.

KERRYMAD

in fairness what county do you think the majority of those posters come from????

any posts i have seen from non Tyrone/Kerry posters are going for Kerry so i take as much notice of those figures as you do of kerrys 4 all irelands compared to your 3.

I note you picked out that point from my post rather than coment on the fact of back to back all irelands and player absences??

full back

Quote from: KERRYMAD on September 26, 2008, 01:11:24 PM
any posts i have seen from non Tyrone/Kerry posters are going for Kerry

Need to read all the posts then

Main Street

in fairness what county do you think the majority of those posters come from????

any posts i have seen from non Tyrone/Kerry posters are going for Kerry so i take as much notice of those figures as you do of kerrys 4 all irelands compared to your 3.

I note you picked out that point from my post rather than coment on the fact of back to back all irelands and player absences??
"your three"?  well I suppose our ladies are going for their third but we don't feel a need to crow about that, just a quit mature satisfaction in the (e)quality of our breeding.

KERRYMAD

still avoiding the most important point of my origional post?

will history repeat itself or will you be back next year in what ever shape or form and contest the all ireland be it with a new or changed 15?

surely team of the decade will?

full back

Quote from: Main Street on September 26, 2008, 01:23:48 PM

"your three"?  well I suppose our ladies are going for their third but we don't feel a need to crow about that, just a quit mature satisfaction in the (e)quality of our breeding.

Some of your 'ladies' wouldnt look out of place on the men's team  ;)

puskas

Quote from: KERRYMAD on September 26, 2008, 01:26:46 PM
still avoiding the most important point of my origional post?

will history repeat itself or will you be back next year in what ever shape or form and contest the all ireland be it with a new or changed 15?

surely team of the decade will?

if i was mad about kerry, I'd be praying that Kerry get one final last chance to beat Tyrone this decade, anything short of that and well, there's always the next decade

Main Street

With all this team of the decade concern I'm reminded about the joke on Nelson Mandela's speech after his release of prison where he stopped mid-speech and shouted out    "3 díckheads"

and we wondered, De Clerk, Botha and who was the the third.

Mandela repeated even louder    "3 díckheads",

Then Mandela went on  even louder  "for 3 díckheads they kept me imprisoned"