Galway
1 (0.5%)
Dublin
3 (1.5%)
Mayo
15 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 198

KERRYMAD

thanks pucas but with 35 medals in the bag we dont do worry in kerry!

however any coment on why back to back all irelands are a field far away?
or will i have to wait until september 2009 for any feedback on this???

KERRYMAD

apologise puskas for spelling your name wrong

catchandkick

Kerry have 4, Tyrone have 3. If they had 4 each then you'd have a debate.

Maximus Marillius

Any one on this thread trying to argue that kerry are the team of the decade are either (1) mad Kerry men (2) Tyrone haters (3) simply haven't a clue. The two best teams have beeen Tyrone and Kerry. Kerry have been unable to beat Tyrone yet. Ask any Kerry man and if he is an honest man he will tell the one team they are shit scare of are Tyrone. The mental scares are unmovable. . The Kerry players know it also. This is a non debate.

stibhan

Tyrone are the team of the decade simply because of their character. Their winning the All-Ireland for the first time, losing their captain to absolute tragedy, retaining the trophy, losing their best ever player to retirement, stuttering along for two years and then suddenly coming to life when all the odds were against them is one of the great Football stories of all time. Then you have sub-plots like Mulligan and his goal, Puke football tags, The comeback of Stephen O'Neill, Canavan's injury and star turn in his final flings, Brian Dooher being written off as a bad footballer, the beards, the last minute Canavan point against Armagh...

It would make some movie.

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: catchandkick on September 26, 2008, 01:56:39 PM
Kerry have 4, Tyrone have 3. If they had 4 each then you'd have a debate.

Until Kerry bt Tyrone in a semi final or final this debate is pointless

bannside

100% Tyrone.

Sure Kerry have fcuk all to do to get out of Munster. Time enough peaking every year about August. The playing field isnt even even for Gods sake.

Gaaman

armaghniac

QuoteKerrymad you talk some shite.

An ideal contributor in here, then.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

reddgnhand

This is a silly arguement. If you offered me the choice of 4 AI's or the title of team of the decade based on having beaten Kerry on a number of occasions i know which one i'd choose. 

Tony Baloney

As the decade still has a season to run, will this thread have been a waste of time if kerry demolish tyrone in the final next year?

Over the Bar

QuoteAs the decade still has a season to run, will this thread have been a waste of time if kerry demolish tyrone in the final next year?

What if they demolish Mayo again after Tyrone fall to Carlow after a bad bout of flu in the panel?

Lecale2

Boys; settle down. I only started this for a bit of craic.

Over the Bar

Quoteif next year neither Kerry or Tyrone make it past the qfinals and the final is between any of Dublin/Cork/Armagh would any of these teams take the title in your humble opinions. Armagh for me would be the closest. They have a great record in Ulster and have been involved in some great matches over the years.

How can ye be team of the decade in either of the following scenarios?:

a) first Sam in 19 years having had the balls bate off ye by your neighbours most years since
while they collected 4 Sams in that time

b) first Sam in 14 years having had the balls bate off ye by everyone else in the meantime

c) first Sam in 7 years having been bate by the top 2 on 3 occasions since your last Sam

Thus - only 2 options for Team of the Decade, regardless who wins in next year.

In the Onion Bag

Having followed this thread with great interest it is clear that we are all, some more slowly than others,  arriving at the conclusion that this debate can only be settled on the outcome of the 2009 AI.  I still say Kerry are in the lead but Tyrone have the chance to catch them up.  The how will we separate them.  In this sceanario it think the only sensible criteria can be a new argument, depending on your prejudice, on whether:

a. beating eash other in direct matches is best or, and I lean toward this as the real test of a great team and the defining criterium,
b. who can do back-to-backs.

Kerry have already achieved (b) so if Tyrone win next year its a stalemate. Then, and only then can (a) be come the deciding factor.  Sorry Tyronies but, great as the 2008 achievement was, you are still lagging behind.