1 (0.5%)
Dublin
3 (1.5%)
Mayo
15 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 198

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: The Forfeit Point on January 02, 2010, 09:35:01 PM
Seriously, Im not slagging off tyrone, i think they are a fantastic team with some of my favourite players. But the suggestion that head to head results outweigh the celtic cross is lunacy. what person in their right mind would take 3 all irelands over 5? had tyrone won the all ireland in 2009 - at 4 apiece, then yes they would be team of the decade as that would be where head to head should come in.
If you look at the stats of both teams for the decade across all competitions, Kerry are the better team.  Tyronies saying that Kerry never beat Tyrone in the decade are talking through their holes, Kerry beat them in the National League but not in the championship, whenever they met.  I am only sorry Cork beat Tyrone now because I think the Kingdom would have scalped Tyrone this year
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

muppet

MWWSI 2017

The Forfeit Point

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 02, 2010, 09:39:56 PM
Seriously, Im not slagging off tyrone, i think they are a fantastic team with some of my favourite players. But the suggestion that head to head results outweigh the celtic cross is lunacy. what person in their right mind would take 3 all irelands over 5? had tyrone won the all ireland in 2009 - at 4 apiece, then yes they would be team of the decade as that would be where head to head should come in.
If you look at the stats of both teams for the decade across all competitions, Kerry are the better team.  Tyronies saying that Kerry never beat Tyrone in the decade are talking through their holes, Kerry beat them in the National League but not in the championship, whenever they met.  I am only sorry Cork beat Tyrone now because I think the Kingdom would have scalped Tyrone this year

I wasn't aware of that national league statistic, interesting. whatever about the result it surely would have been a whole lot more of an exciting affair then what did transpire.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Actually it's quite incorrect to say that Kerry haven't beaten Tyrone in a decade, it's actually 3 decades now since 1986 (who's gives a rat's arse about the NFL, tiddlywinks or any other non-event).

Thanks for that reminder, yes we were talking through our holes, but I've now cleared that up: 24 years! Decade me arse!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

There bes boys on this burd that haven't seen Kerry bate Tyrone in the Championship.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 02, 2010, 10:17:28 PM

Actually it's quite incorrect to say that Kerry haven't beaten Tyrone in a decade, it's actually 3 decades now since 1986 (who's gives a rat's arse about the NFL, tiddlywinks or any other non-event).

Thanks for that reminder, yes we were talking through our holes, but I've now cleared that up: 24 years! Decade me arse!
:D

How many AIs have Kerry got in that time though?  :P
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 02, 2010, 10:38:49 PM
How many AIs have Kerry got in that time though?  :P

That's it, move the goalposts!  :D

ardmhachaabu

The Forfeit Point

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 02, 2010, 10:17:28 PM

Jaysus  ??? sure scrap all competitions bar the all ireland championship considering everything is inferior to it if thats the case. its the secondary competition for christs sake, plenty give a rats ass about it!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: The Forfeit Point on January 02, 2010, 11:09:00 PM
Jaysus  ??? sure scrap all competitions bar the all ireland championship considering everything is inferior to it if thats the case. its the secondary competition for christs sake, plenty give a rats ass about it!

OK

pintsofguinness

Quote from: HowAreYeGettinOn on January 02, 2010, 08:00:09 PM
Seriously lads, 16 pages on this?  ;)

Seems simple to me. Kerry won five, Tyrone three, Armagh and Galway one each. Game, set and match to the Kingdom.

History doesn't give a sh1t who beat who and who didn't beat who. All that matters is who won the All-Ireland.
agree with that, complete and utter bullshit topic only topped by the complete and utter bullshit talked by tyronies in claiming they're the "team of the decade"  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Voice Of Reason

I think that Kerry's out and out results are clearly better than Tyrone's, and at their potential peak was possibly higher than Tyrone's too.

However you have to consider that at the start of the decade Tyrone never have won an All-Ireland, and in every county other than Kerry an All-Ireland is (rightly) celebrated wildly and cherished and the players are legends in their county for ever more.

Considering where Tyrone came from, the awful tragedies they've endured (RIP Cormac, John Device dad, Peter Canavan dad, etc.), the sensational big-game temperament they brought, the innovative taticts, breaking the weight of 100+ years of non-All-Ireland success, etc. ... I can't help but think that the Tyrone team of the last decade will be remembered more strongly than Kerry ... and over time I think they'll be considered as the team of the decade

muppet

Quote from: The Voice Of Reason on January 03, 2010, 12:05:08 AM
I think that Kerry's out and out results are clearly better than Tyrone's, and at their potential peak was possibly higher than Tyrone's too.

However you have to consider that at the start of the decade Tyrone never have won an All-Ireland, and in every county other than Kerry an All-Ireland is (rightly) celebrated wildly and cherished and the players are legends in their county for ever more.

Considering where Tyrone came from, the awful tragedies they've endured (RIP Cormac, John Device dad, Peter Canavan dad, etc.), the sensational big-game temperament they brought, the innovative taticts, breaking the weight of 100+ years of non-All-Ireland success, etc. ... I can't help but think that the Tyrone team of the last decade will be remembered more strongly than Kerry ... and over time I think they'll be considered as the team of the decade

Change your name.......................... (with apologies to Oscar Wilde).
MWWSI 2017

RedandGreenSniper

Well Tyrone have been the best achieving team of the decade IN TERMS of their starting point, Kerry, with five titles to three for Tyrone, are the Team of the Decade. Their inability to beat Tyrone in their three championship clashes will be an asterisk after their name, in the same way as Manchester United's struggles with Arsenal in the late 90s left a question mark. But, like United, it didn;t change the fundamental point about who was the best. Had it been four titles each, then Tyrone, considering the manner of some of their titles, would be the team of the decade.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year