Galway
1 (0.5%)
Dublin
3 (1.5%)
Mayo
15 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 198

Tyrone Dreamer

Great to see the Armagh fans getting so worked up over the team of decade debate. Kerry were the most consistent team of the decade, the Tyrone 05 team was probably the best team of the decade. 2 different things.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 02, 2010, 11:55:06 PM
Quote from: HowAreYeGettinOn on January 02, 2010, 08:00:09 PM
Seriously lads, 16 pages on this?  ;)

Seems simple to me. Kerry won five, Tyrone three, Armagh and Galway one each. Game, set and match to the Kingdom.

History doesn't give a sh1t who beat who and who didn't beat who. All that matters is who won the All-Ireland.
agree with that, complete and utter bullshit topic only topped by the complete and utter bullshit talked by tyronies in claiming they're the "team of the decade"  ::)

The only thing I can find more incredible than us Tyronies thinking that we're 'Team of the Decade', is that some other muppets actually thought that we believed it!  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: trileacman on January 02, 2010, 08:19:54 PM

Seems simple to me. Kerry won five, Tyrone three, Armagh and Galway one each. Game, set and match to the Kingdom.

History doesn't give a sh1t who beat who and who didn't beat who. All that matters is who won the All-Ireland.

Good thing im not a historian then. As someone who watched Tyrone beat Kerry 3 times i'd say Tyrone were the better team, unless of course you can explain to me how the "team of the decade" never managed to beat tyrone in that decade.

Because Tyrone had 3 good years which were slightly better than Kerry's while Kerry had 9/10 very good years...5 of them where Tyrone weren't good enough to get far enough to play them...

trileacman

Quote from: The Forfeit Point on January 02, 2010, 11:09:00 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 02, 2010, 10:17:28 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 02, 2010, 09:39:56 PM
Quote from: The Forfeit Point on January 02, 2010, 09:35:01 PM
Seriously, Im not slagging off tyrone, i think they are a fantastic team with some of my favourite players. But the suggestion that head to head results outweigh the celtic cross is lunacy. what person in their right mind would take 3 all irelands over 5? had tyrone won the all ireland in 2009 - at 4 apiece, then yes they would be team of the decade as that would be where head to head should come in.
If you look at the stats of both teams for the decade across all competitions, Kerry are the better team.  Tyronies saying that Kerry never beat Tyrone in the decade are talking through their holes, Kerry beat them in the National League but not in the championship, whenever they met.  I am only sorry Cork beat Tyrone now because I think the Kingdom would have scalped Tyrone this year

Actually it's quite incorrect to say that Kerry haven't beaten Tyrone in a decade, it's actually 3 decades now since 1986 (who's gives a rat's arse about the NFL, tiddlywinks or any other non-event).

Thanks for that reminder, yes we were talking through our holes, but I've now cleared that up: 24 years! Decade me arse!
Jaysus  ??? sure scrap all competitions bar the all ireland championship considering everything is inferior to it if thats the case. its the secondary competition for christs sake, plenty give a rats ass about it!
[/b]

Yeah like the GAA, who treat it as an big fcukin playground to test out new rules.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

longrunsthefox

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on January 03, 2010, 02:41:24 AM

Good thing im not a historian then. As someone who watched Tyrone beat Kerry 3 times i'd say Tyrone were the better team, unless of course you can explain to me how the "team of the decade" never managed to beat tyrone in that decade.

Because Tyrone had 3 good years which were slightly better than Kerry's while Kerry had 9/10 very good years...5 of them where Tyrone weren't good enough to get far enough to play them...

Slightly  :D  Tyrone played Kerry them off the park kid  ;)

J70

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on January 03, 2010, 12:15:31 AM
Well Tyrone have been the best achieving team of the decade IN TERMS of their starting point, Kerry, with five titles to three for Tyrone, are the Team of the Decade. Their inability to beat Tyrone in their three championship clashes will be an asterisk after their name, in the same way as Manchester United's struggles with Arsenal in the late 90s left a question mark. But, like United, it didn;t change the fundamental point about who was the best. Had it been four titles each, then Tyrone, considering the manner of some of their titles, would be the team of the decade.

Liverpool lost to Man United quite regularly in the early- to mid-80s. I don't think even the most diehard United fan would think that that puts a question mark over Liverpool's position in English and European football at that time. Kerry are the team of the decade, end of story. You can excuse Tyrone for 2004. That is where the question marks end.

Bud Wiser

Has to be the Cats, and to save time count in the next decade as well.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

blanketattack

Going by that theory you must think Down were the team of the 20th century?

Anyway the team of the decade are the Dublin Blue Stars as they're the only team to have won a game this decade!

trileacman

Quote from: blanketattack on January 03, 2010, 06:25:54 PM

Anyway the team of the decade are the Dublin Blue Stars as they're the only team to have won a game this decade!

Yeah, Down were the team of the 60's anyway.

Listen Tyrone and Kerry were the two best teams of the decade, following it so far?

Hence if I was asked to choose between the two teams as to which side were the best over the last ten years I would say Tyrone due to the encounters I witnessed. Still following?

If this was a quiz and I was asked "Who won the most All-Irelands in noughties?" I would say Kerry but that's not what I'm being asked. Understand?

You may think Kerry were the best team, fair dues, shove it up your whole, watever, I don't care. It's your opinion. You keep your's, I'll keep mine. Gettit?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

J70

Quote from: trileacman on January 03, 2010, 11:27:03 PM

Listen Tyrone and Kerry were the two best teams of the decade, following it so far?

Hence if I was asked to choose between the two teams as to which side were the best over the last ten years I would say Tyrone due to the encounters I witnessed. Still following?

If this was a quiz and I was asked "Who won the most All-Irelands in noughties?" I would say Kerry but that's not what I'm being asked. Understand?

You may think Kerry were the best team, fair dues, shove it up your whole, watever, I don't care. It's your opinion. You keep your's, I'll keep mine. Gettit?

Good job Tyrone didn't meet Kerry then in one of Tyrone's off-years. Would they have beaten Kerry in '04, '06', '07 and '09? Maybe Kerry were just unfortunate that the three times they met Tyrone were in their own off-years.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: J70 on January 03, 2010, 11:33:15 PM

Good job Tyrone didn't meet Kerry then in one of Tyrone's off-years. Would they have beaten Kerry in '04, '06', '07 and '09? Maybe Kerry were just unfortunate that the three times they met Tyrone were in their own off-years.
...or maybe Tyrone was the better team  ;)  was hardly off years for Kerry as they reached the All Ireland semi-final and two finals when they got beat by Tyrone. 

J70

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 04, 2010, 12:01:56 AM

...or maybe Tyrone was the better team  ;)  was hardly off years for Kerry as they reached the All Ireland semi-final and two finals when they got beat by Tyrone.

Its all relative. All-Ireland semi is a minimum expectation in Kerry, even in a poor year.

But again, would Tyrone have beaten Kerry in '04, '06, '07 and '09 had they been drawn together in any of those years?

ludermor

Would the Down team of the 60's be considered better than the Galway three in a row team?
And shove it up your whole? It might fit easier if you shoved it up in smaller bits.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: J70 on January 04, 2010, 12:18:12 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 04, 2010, 12:01:56 AM

Its all relative. All-Ireland semi is a minimum expectation in Kerry, even in a poor year.

But again, would Tyrone have beaten Kerry in '04, '06, '07 and '09 had they been drawn together in any of those years?

They probably would as they beat them any other time they met.

Hardy

It's a kind of a zen thing for me. If you care about being team of the decade, you're probably not team of the decade, because if you were really team of the decade, team of he decade wouldn't matter to you and you'd also know you were and wouldn't need to be asking people to confirm it.