Ireland V Austrailia International Rules Official Thread 2008

Started by BallyhaiseMan, September 11, 2008, 04:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: magickingdom on October 29, 2008, 02:19:32 PM
Quote from: AFS on October 29, 2008, 01:53:12 PM
They played the match in Galway a couple of years ago under lights didn't they? Assuming they're planning something similar in Ulster, the match would have to be in Casement because Clones doesn't have any lights. Or I suppose if interest in the series continues to wane over here they might be able to stick it somewhere smaller like Newry or Omagh.

what are you basing that on? next years series will sell out in ireland just like the last one did...

No it won't. No chance of a row=no real interest in the game.
The product itself isn't enough to sell tickets.
From a marketing point of view, the worst thing they ever did was clean up the game.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

cavanmaniac

I say stage the first test of the 2009 series at Kingspan Breffni Park. Sorted.

magickingdom

Quote from: Jinxy on October 29, 2008, 02:42:59 PM
They played the match in Galway a couple of years ago under lights didn't they? Assuming they're planning something similar in Ulster, the match would have to be in Casement because Clones doesn't have any lights. Or I suppose if interest in the series continues to wane over here they might be able to stick it somewhere smaller like Newry or Omagh.

what are you basing that on? next years series will sell out in ireland just like the last one did...

No it won't. No chance of a row=no real interest in the game.
The product itself isn't enough to sell tickets.
From a marketing point of view, the worst thing they ever did was clean up the game.

some people might actually be more interested in a fast paced, high scoring skillfull game then in a row

fred the red

It will be the biggest attendance at an international match in Belfast next year!!

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: AFS on October 29, 2008, 02:38:30 PM

Not so sure about that. There are more negative feelings about the series now than last at any other time it has been staged here. You only have to read what a lot of the posters on this board have to say about it to get a sense that there are a significant number of GAA people out there that don't have much time for the series anymore.

Theres has always been a lot of negative comments about it from gaa fans but that hasnt stopped huge ticket sales in the past. Seems to be a lot of fans at the games who wouldnt normally bother with the gaa.

tierworker blue

Quote from: cavanmaniac on October 29, 2008, 03:27:50 PM
I say stage the first test of the 2009 series at Kingspan Breffni Park. Sorted.

Indeed, Breffni Park would be ideal...location, capacity, lighting, facilities etc.

Bod Mor

Right, where is everyone headed in Melbourne before/after match?

Should be a great weekend!
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

stiffler

Quote from: Bod Mor on October 29, 2008, 10:14:36 PM

Was in melbourne for the 2005 game, PJ O Briens in southbank is your only spot... the place was jammers after the game, and for the following few days. Should be a great time to be over there with the Melbourne cup coming up too. You lucky ballix  ;)
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

overdabar

Quote from: stiffler on October 29, 2008, 10:20:25 PM

Was in melbourne for the 2005 game, PJ O Briens in southbank is your only spot... the place was jammers after the game, and for the following few days. Should be a great time to be over there with the Melbourne cup coming up too. You lucky ballix  ;)

im taking your advise and just did a search on google for pj o briens and its only across the road ;D. think i'll head over later for a few pints. i wasnt to sure where everyone went for a few drinks. i take it that would be the main area to have a few before the game?

FermGael

Quote from: stiffler on October 29, 2008, 10:20:25 PM

Lads spent abit of time in melbourne.  PJ's would be handy for the match but the Quiet man is out beside the racecourse and is one of the best pubs about
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

stephenite

Work finished for the week, flying down tomorrow afternoon ;D

winsamsoon

Lads what time in the throw in tommorrow??? Our time??
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

The GAA

magickingdom

thought last weeks game was very good so i'll be dossing again tomorrow ;D ;D