The official Playstation 3 thread

Started by Our Nail Loney, September 05, 2008, 11:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rage

LOW is good but a bit easy i think, i had all but two trophies left to get after two days gaming, haven't played it online yet, although i usually find as with all games that i think i'm brilliant only to go online and get completely humiliated!  >:(

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: rage on April 07, 2009, 09:30:24 AM
LOW is good but a bit easy i think, i had all but two trophies left to get after two days gaming, haven't played it online yet, although i usually find as with all games that i think i'm brilliant only to go online and get completely humiliated!  >:(

Glad to hear this I have turned into a bit of a trophy whore... Love them!

PM your PSN, I will add you maybe get a fight going some time!!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Shrek on April 07, 2009, 11:08:53 AM
so guys to yous recommend getting Pro Evo

i have been playing FIFA, but getting really peeved of with it.

tried killzone recently, was fun at the start but not so much anymore.

need to find a game to get me away from FIFA.

I am a big Pro Evo fan, got FIFA there the other week to see what the fuss was all about, played it about three times!! Maybe I am just too used to Pro, I dunno...

Have you tried the game Uncharted: Drakes Fortune? Apparently it is great, and can be picked up cheap since it has went platinum, I got it there but am holding off on playing it til I finish GTA.

Also heard good things about Bioshock and Ratchet and Clank...

Shrek

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 07, 2009, 12:27:29 PM

I am a big Pro Evo fan, got FIFA there the other week to see what the fuss was all about, played it about three times!! Maybe I am just too used to Pro, I dunno...

Have you tried the game Uncharted: Drakes Fortune? Apparently it is great, and can be picked up cheap since it has went platinum, I got it there but am holding off on playing it til I finish GTA.

dont really fancy Bioshock or R&C, but funny i was looking at Uncharted yesterday thinking about getting it.

ps - whats the online side of Pro Evo like - i had heard there where loads of problems.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Shrek on April 07, 2009, 12:31:30 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 07, 2009, 12:27:29 PM

dont really fancy Bioshock or R&C, but funny i was looking at Uncharted yesterday thinking about getting it.

ps - whats the online side of Pro Evo like - i had heard there where loads of problems.

If both ppl have solid connections then its fine, sometimes takes a while logging on though which is a pain.

Plus if one person has a dodgy connection then it is death, the ball jumps all voer the pitch you dunno what you are doing then when I hit cancel the game I f**king lose points!! Whats the deal with that?

Shrek

lol

yeah, that happens on FIFA sometimes, although i dont play ranked matches anymore against randoms. most of the time its some complete noob who ends up quitting.

might just invest in Pro Evo then.

girt_giggler

what annoys me is everyone online seems to be man united! and their over-elaborate goal celebrations and continually watching every little replay of something good they done!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: girt_giggler on April 07, 2009, 02:59:31 PM
what annoys me is everyone online seems to be man united! and their over-elaborate goal celebrations and continually watching every little replay of something good they done!

Replays are the worst.

There should be an option to have 3 random selections each and then you can pick who you want out of them

Shrek

Quote from: girt_giggler on April 07, 2009, 02:59:31 PM

exactly why i dont play reanked online games

sometimes when i play unranked games i pick Derry City for the craic -  i have had it loads of times where the other player actually changes from (say) a 3 /4 star team to Man Utd / Chelsea / Barcelona  ???

Our Nail Loney

Ok heres a question for any of you ps3 GTA4 players out there...

What button do I need to press to perform a 'cover' move? Like if I am at a door and instead of just walking in all guns blazing, I stand back to the door and periodically fire into the room... Same as if I am at a wall half my height, crouching down, and just standing up every now and again to shoot...

In some missions you do it automatically, like one where you rescue Roman and you are automatically behind a wall, or one where you are robbing a truck full of heroin from some chinese fellas and are covering behind a wall??

I am about 70% through the game but it is getting harder and harder and I cant remember how to do this cover thing, I am sure they learn you at the start of the game but I forget!! I don't wanna use cheats!

Galwaybhoy

Lads is Legends of Wrestling worth getting.  Is it similar to Smackdown vs Raw?  If it is I dont think I'd be interested in getting it.  Though it has to be better than TNA iMPACT, bought it a few months ago, a terrible attempt at a game.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on April 15, 2009, 11:20:39 PM
Lads is Legends of Wrestling worth getting.  Is it similar to Smackdown vs Raw?  If it is I dont think I'd be interested in getting it.  Though it has to be better than TNA iMPACT, bought it a few months ago, a terrible attempt at a game.

Nah the controls are nowhere like SvR Galwaybhoy, I believe they have made the game more 'arcadey' on purpose, with their only being about 50% of the controls that you would use for SvR... Took a while to get used to but now I am really flying through it trying to get all the trophies!

The relive, rewrite and redfefine game modes are excellent... Each match you attempot comes with a little highlight reel movie, giving you an insight of why there is a feud between the two wrestlers, and then a highlights of their actual match at wrestlemania, good memories! Then you get a set of objectives for each match, so you can't just go out and pummel them, there ae things you have to do... The Stone Cole versus The Rock match, my last one, took me about 45minutes to complete as one of the objectives was to reverse the Rock Bottom, took me ages, kept getting slammed and nearly losing the match!!

Haven't started on the Legend Killer game mode yet but its where you make your own wrestler from scratch (I have heard you can make Doink the clown pretty easy, they have all his attributes laid on for ya) and then fight in gauntlets, with the more fancy moves etc you do the more experience points you pick up to boost your created superstars attributes after the match for your next one!

Think I might whack it on here, you've got me going for it!

Craigyhill Terror

Which is better, Legends of Wrestlemania or Smackdown vs Raw. Finally decided to treat myself to a PS3 and intend getting a wrestling game. Haven't owned one since the original Playstation, and they were always great craic

Galwaybhoy

Got Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 the other day.  Taking me time to get the hang of it, but enjoying it so far.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on April 20, 2009, 11:11:32 AM
Got Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 the other day.  Taking me time to get the hang of it, but enjoying it so far.

Its good alright.
Have you played online?
You'll Never Walk Alone.