The official Playstation 3 thread

Started by Our Nail Loney, September 05, 2008, 11:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

The Hard Drives don't appear, from what I see on various fora, to be the most reliable pieces of kit.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

thebigfella

Yeah I've had a few issues with mine, I'm on my 3rd PS3 having had 2 hard drive failures so far. Complete pain as the drives failed completely and I couldn't recover the the data from the drive. Sony will send out a replacement in 24hours if its under warranty though.

Shrek

yeah, there seems to be alot of problems with either the Hard-Drive or Blu-ray.

although as said, they will replace very quickly.

you should back-up the hard-drive regularly anyway.

Shrek

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on January 14, 2009, 01:56:32 PM
Quote from: Shrek on January 14, 2009, 10:59:59 AM
you should back-up the hard-drive regularly anyway.

What sort of things do you back up on your hard drive.  I only save any games im playing on the Hard drive but i feel im not making the best use of my PS3.  What other type of media can you save to the PS3?

you should back up the data you have on your PS3 hard-drive - even if it is only games, this saves all the game data you have.

i have photos, music and films installed on my PS3 as well as the game data.

Our Nail Loney

Explain how you back yours up shrek please? And use small words as I am computer illiterate!

girt_giggler

On a slightly different note Im desperate to get internet sorted in the house to get playing the PS3 online.  Anyone recommend any decent packages on the go/providers, bearing in mind it will be mainly just for PS3 I will be using broadband.

Billys Boots

Quoteyeah, there seems to be alot of problems with either the Hard-Drive or Blu-ray.

You were right Shrek, they asked very little, gave me a reference number and sent me back to the shop for a replacement.

Shrek

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 15, 2009, 02:58:51 PM
Quoteyeah, there seems to be alot of problems with either the Hard-Drive or Blu-ray.

You were right Shrek, they asked very little, gave me a reference number and sent me back to the shop for a replacement.

good to hear billy

not that you got a replacement, that i was right lol  ;D  ;D  ;D

Billys Boots

No replacement yet, I have to find the feckin receipt now.  ::)

Minder

Call of Duty 4 Game Of The Year edition is online at Game & Gamestation for £19.99. Have been waiting ages for it to come down in price.

Game

Gamestation
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

girt_giggler

thebigfella

Quote from: Minder on February 18, 2009, 10:51:27 AM
Call of Duty 4 Game Of The Year edition is online at Game & Gamestation for £19.99. Have been waiting ages for it to come down in price.

Game

Gamestation

Been 26 quid in Tesco's for ages, well before christmas.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: girt_giggler on February 18, 2009, 11:22:16 AM
Street Fighter out this week also!  ;D

Waiting for Street Fighter myself, gonna get it and that sega one with all the old school games (alex the kid, paperboy etc)

Our Nail Loney

Just ordered the Street Fighter and Sega Collection ones off Amazon, hope they come by tomorrow but I am working anyway so I am in no rush!

Minder

Ordered COD 4 yesterday from Game for £19.99 and it came today,cant wait to get ripped into it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"